Niles , Ohio
T
therocks Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
therocks  Offline
oh wait.but hey.lets see.oh yeah.
T

Niles , Ohio
D50 they do the same in PS with EAS.Even when she loses if she talks they interview her no matter what.Force sell tickets plain and simple.Go to his pit sometime there are more people there than any othe 3 pits.That and no matter what he has won more than anyone and will probally never be passed up.Rocky

Chrysler Firepower
Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: therocks] #1689386
10/23/14 11:56 PM
10/23/14 11:56 PM
North, Alabama
D-50 Offline
pro stock
D-50  Offline
pro stock

North, Alabama
Quote:

D50 they do the same in PS with EAS.Even when she loses if she talks they interview her no matter what.Force sell tickets plain and simple.Go to his pit sometime there are more people there than any othe 3 pits.That and no matter what he has won more than anyone and will probally never be passed up.Rocky

Still do not like hearing them talk about him during most of the race. Just because he has the money and support from sponsors he can hire people that make him fast. It is not because he is the best driver in my opinion.

1.33 60 ft,6.21 at 110.59 in the 1/8, pump gas small block,2950lbs,drag radials,mufflers and driven to track ...
Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: D-50] #1689387
10/24/14 12:15 AM
10/24/14 12:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong
He IS the best driver
You can't make that many passes in that many years in that many cars and not be the best--
I got six passes in my new rail and have got better after each one--so go think how I wil be after 10,000 more if I can do like him and live to learn
No other funny car driver can touch his experience
He wins rounds no other driver could win at times
Yes--he wins because of best equip best $$ etc for sure but...
don't take away from him
I bet Garlits even admires the mans driving skills
Earned!!!!!
I bet he wishes he could just DRIVE and not have to do all the other parts of his job--the fact that he manages it all and can even pay attention TO drive is a wonder--that is why I say he is on "Automatic" when in that car--he is that good to me / always will be

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: ] #1689388
10/24/14 12:35 AM
10/24/14 12:35 AM
Louisville, KY
E
E-Ticket Offline
master
E-Ticket  Offline
master
E

Louisville, KY
Quote:

Wrong
He IS the best driver
You can't make that many passes in that many years in that many cars and not be the best--
I got six passes in my new rail and have got better after each one--so go think how I wil be after 10,000 more if I can do like him and live to learn
don't take away from him
Earned!!!!!
I bet he wishes he could just DRIVE and not have to do all the other parts of his job--the fact that he manages it all and can even pay attention TO drive is a wonder--that is why I say he is on "Automatic" when in that car--he is that good to me / always will be

Very true.....that man can flat drive a funny car like no body's business...... When I think of a pure driver in Funny Car....hands down it is John Force!

"Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son......"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK-Dqj4fHmM
Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: ] #1689389
10/24/14 12:39 AM
10/24/14 12:39 AM
North, Alabama
D-50 Offline
pro stock
D-50  Offline
pro stock

North, Alabama
Quote:

Wrong
He IS the best driver
don't take away from him
Earned!!!!!

It is obvious that you are a big fan of his but his reaction times compared to others do not show that. It is all about the money.
That is my opinion. He does not come close to what big Daddy did for drag racing...

1.33 60 ft,6.21 at 110.59 in the 1/8, pump gas small block,2950lbs,drag radials,mufflers and driven to track ...
Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: D-50] #1689390
10/24/14 12:55 AM
10/24/14 12:55 AM
Bowling Green KY / Nashville, ...
300by500 Offline OP
master
300by500  Offline OP
master

It is official:

http://www.shoeracing.com/news/veteran-crew-chief-prock-joins-dsr

I think some of Force's problems stem from political comments he made a few years back. He instantly lost me as a fan, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It may even be part of the reason some of his sponsors are stepping away.

I think Force's "Golden Days" are behind him, and his teams. You gotta have money - LOTS of money - and there must be some legitimate reason he's beginning to appear desperate.

Let the chips fall where they may. My only request: please, please, PLEASE keep him out of the announcer's booth when his racing career is over.

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: 300by500] #1689391
10/24/14 01:02 AM
10/24/14 01:02 AM
North, Alabama
D-50 Offline
pro stock
D-50  Offline
pro stock

North, Alabama
Quote:

It is official:

I think some of Force's problems stem from political comments he made a few years back. He instantly lost me as a fan, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. It may even be part of the reason some of his sponsors are stepping away.

I think Force's "Golden Days" are behind him, and his teams. You gotta have money - LOTS of money - and there must be some legitimate reason he's beginning to appear desperate.

Let the chips fall where they may. My only request: please, please, PLEASE keep him out of the announcer's booth when his racing career is over.

I agree.......

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: D-50] #1689392
10/24/14 01:11 AM
10/24/14 01:11 AM
300by500 Offline OP
master
300by500  Offline OP
master

Interesting quote from a former JFR employee: "John has no sponcers (sic) and told all the guys to start looking for jobs, that's what really happen there is no one more loyal then Jimmy Prock."

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: 300by500] #1689393
10/24/14 01:56 AM
10/24/14 01:56 AM
oak park, il.
D
dsd70bee Offline
I Live Here
dsd70bee  Offline
I Live Here
D

oak park, il.
Quote:

It is official:

What political comments did he make?

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: D-50] #1689394
10/24/14 02:21 AM
10/24/14 02:21 AM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Wrong
He IS the best driver
don't take away from him
Earned!!!!!

It is obvious that you are a big fan of his but his reaction times compared to others do not show that. It is all about the money.
That is my opinion. He does not come close to what big Daddy did for drag racing...

There have been plenty who had loads of money and hired the best of the best and didn't win crap...........Like him or hate him, Force racing is a well oiled machine from top to bottom. Nobody and I repeat NOBODY has more money than Kalitta. Does he have 20+ championships to show for all him teams.......answer ZERO. I am NOT a huge Force fan, but I DO realize what he has done for the sport. And way more to a driver of a fuel funny car than cutting a light and stepping on the pedal. John is one of the best there has ever been. He and Pulde, probably the two best ever in no particular order

Everybody also said he would be DONE when Coil left and they never missed a beat. He will be fine

Monte

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: 300by500] #1689395
10/24/14 04:43 AM
10/24/14 04:43 AM
Ohio
H
Hemi Joe Offline
enthusiast
Hemi Joe  Offline
enthusiast
H

Ohio
I agree with 300x500. When he bad mouthed those two people a coupler of years ago pertaining to his political opinion, he lost the support of my family, because what he said was not true!! Thank GOD for the remote control, because when I see he or his family are about to start jabbering, I change the channel.
In my opinion, NHRA has such a love affair with him, it just turns me off, not that he isn't a good driver, because he is, you can't take that away from him!! But that doesn't mean that I have to watch him or listen to him! HEMI JOE

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1689396
10/24/14 06:03 AM
10/24/14 06:03 AM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Wrong
He IS the best driver
don't take away from him
Earned!!!!!

There have been plenty who had loads of money and hired the best of the best and didn't win crap...........Like him or hate him, Force racing is a well oiled machine from top to bottom. Nobody and I repeat NOBODY has more money than Kalitta. Does he have 20+ championships to show for all him teams.......answer ZERO. I am NOT a huge Force fan, but I DO realize what he has done for the sport. And way more to a driver of a fuel funny car than cutting a light and stepping on the pedal. John is one of the best there has ever been. He and Pulde, probably the two best ever in no particular order

Everybody also said he would be DONE when Coil left and they never missed a beat. He will be fine

Monte

exactly

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: Quicktree] #1689397
10/24/14 09:33 AM
10/24/14 09:33 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting..
I also dislike NHRA "love affair" with Force and his interviews drive me crazy at times but really they just have to dance with who brought them.
Drag racing is tough to sell--I took my Dad to US Nats early on Friday--we watched about 3 dozen pairs of 8.90 BS and he got up saying lets go home
Fuel is all they have and Force is Fuel--Getting his daughters running as good as they have is a success story in itself--what else does NHRA have??
I race with a vintage dragster club and the Southest Gassers club has been Rocking this year--Great show!! Great number of ticket buyers in the stands--why? It is unpredictable--when 2 cars pull to the line you don't know what the heck is going to happen---even at 320 MPH NHRA is pretty boring--after you see top fuel the first time --well...you have seen it--move on.
I made two passes the other night at test and tune--track was like Teflon--I called them Army runs--left, right, left , right
The crowd LOVED IT!! I almost wrecked the car and they Loved it!! Screaming!!!
I make a straight pretty fast pass and well...nobody comes by the pits--I go wild--almost hit the wall--spin up in smoke--rattle the tires and stay in the throttle and I can't even park in my pit there are so many folks wanting to see that car and crazy driver--
Remember when NHRA got good tires and the side by side smokey runs were over? THAT is when the giant crowds started to fade from the drag racing grandstands--Most folks do not remember seeing a race with over 100 dragsters--used to be common--several classes--tons of wild cars and runs--

John Force has been the IV hanging on the pole beside the bed of a near dead NHRA for better or worse.

The amount of cash it takes to do what they do is obscene---what sponsor can possibly get any benifit from giving away millions??
All the cars are getting loot from Fracking oil outfits, Arabs, and rich back pockets--I bet Kallita is making a Zillion $$'s a DAY flying USA war junk around the world for the government.

I have no ideas how to fix the NHRA but I do believe that John Force is about all they have left and now we see how that is going---

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: ] #1689398
10/24/14 10:54 AM
10/24/14 10:54 AM
Idaho
1320Dart Offline
mopar
1320Dart  Offline
mopar

Idaho
crabman173- you are spot on!

For whatever reason, I can't stand Antron Brown. But look at his and NHRA's following every time he piles up that shish kabob of his.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin
Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: Monte_Smith] #1689399
10/24/14 11:28 AM
10/24/14 11:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Monte

Scott Kalitta was nearly unbeatable when he won back to back CHAMPIONSHIPS in 94-95

Khalid Albalooshi's team owner is worth 800 million, Don Schumacher is worth 50 million, the same source says Kalitta is worth 10 Million and Force worth 12 Million

No offense, but You seem to have a tendency to say ridiculously untrue statements

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: ] #1689400
10/24/14 12:07 PM
10/24/14 12:07 PM
Park Forest, IL
slantzilla Offline
Too Many Posts
slantzilla  Offline
Too Many Posts

Park Forest, IL
The original story on Prock stated that a bunch of crew were leaving too. That in itself might lend credence to the no sponsor story. Say what you want, but John's pockets aren't deep enough to run 4 cars out of. Absolute worst case is that he will have to field "only" 3 or heaven forbid 2 cars next season. John is an excellent businessman, and contrary to what many think racing is a business. He will do what is best for John Force.

Change is inevitable. I think in the big picture it would be good for Force to get his wings clipped a little. Maybe that would force the NHRA to expand their horizons instead of just relying on their cash cow. They survived losing Winston, pretty sure this will be just a bump in the road IF Force cuts back.

"Everybody funny, now you funny too."
Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: slantzilla] #1689401
10/24/14 01:24 PM
10/24/14 01:24 PM
Q
Quicktree Offline
I Win
Quicktree  Offline
I Win
Q

hell i wouldn't mind them going back to 1 car and limiting crew members and make them use the same motor for a race.

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: dsd70bee] #1689402
10/24/14 01:57 PM
10/24/14 01:57 PM
Ohio
H
Hemi Joe Offline
enthusiast
Hemi Joe  Offline
enthusiast
H

Ohio
Reply to dsd70bee! Since we are not allowed to discuss politics here, the best that I can tell you is - while being interviewed, he took a shot at two TV/Radio personalities and called them liers and some other comments, which he did not have to do! However, what these two have have said and what they have stood for, most of it has happened and most of what they stand for is now history. Their inetials are G B & S H. That's all that I can say. HEMI JOE

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: ] #1689403
10/24/14 02:21 PM
10/24/14 02:21 PM
North Alabama
M
Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Scott Kalitta was nearly unbeatable when he won back to back CHAMPIONSHIPS in 94-95

Khalid Albalooshi's team owner is worth 800 million, Don Schumacher is worth 50 million, the same source says Kalitta is worth 10 Million and Force worth 12 Million

No offense, but You seem to have a tendency to say ridiculously untrue statements

I am talking PERSONAL money, NOT what their teams and operations are worth. Force was a broke azz truck driver and Kalitta has a multi million dollar air freight business. You do the math.

No, I did not mention the Sheik, because he is fairly new, plus he owns a damn country.

And sorry about forgetting Scotts championships........but lets face it, that was a LONG time ago.

Monte

Re: Jimmy Prock no longer with John Force.... [Re: slantzilla] #1689404
10/24/14 07:08 PM
10/24/14 07:08 PM
The Swamp
S
Sixpak Offline
master
Sixpak  Offline
master
S

The Swamp
Quote:

Change is inevitable. I think in the big picture it would be good for Force to get his wings clipped a little. Maybe that would force the NHRA to expand their horizons instead of just relying on their cash cow. They survived losing Winston, pretty sure this will be just a bump in the road IF Force cuts back.

No doubt the man is talented and a good businessman, but when you can guarantee a 1 in 4 chance of coming out on top on Sunday, instead of a 1 in 16 chance, based on cubic dollars, that to me seems like gaming the system. Except for Indy, most Pro categories are lucky if they get 16 participants to show up for qualifying due to the costs. Force should have done what all his other idols in the sport did after major success in funny car - Bernstein, Snake, etc. - step up to top fuel, and look for other challenges. Everyone likes a winner, but today there are plenty who are sick of the Yankees after so many World Series wins. Jealousy over the $$ it takes to compete? No - even your best friend can wear out their welcome if they're always in your face.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3