Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.I say we nominate Kevin Davis and Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler" to form a fact finding committe to present viable changes,additions and explore financial sponserships for upcomming events and present them to the owners.

Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.

than let it run.I say we nominate Kevin Davis and Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler" to form a fact finding committe to present viable changes,additions and explore financial sponserships for upcomming events and present them to the owners.

Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler"
I can already see it painted on his car.

Bob,
How about nominating Dad since he isn't on here to defend him self. He'll be retired starting January 5th, so he will have all kinds of time on his hands.

Kevin,Your Papa Joe would be a perfect guy for the job.Are you nominating him?He has such personality and charm.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168841
12/21/08 07:25 PM
12/21/08 07:25 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
The weather will do that.....but it would still be neat to see you at BSD.

The two fours are a biggie, though.

Dink is a good guy, but he is a bit of a purist when it comes to lettering and the like. You are right, too, when you mention there is a lot of deep pockets in that group....but with the index, who cares?

I show up on an open trailer being pulled by a 1997 Dodge Ram. I feel like Jed Clampett, but we don't race the rigs.

I agree about the sponsorship, though. You can't expect Charlie to change things on his own dime. If an increased car count is all you are looking for, well the Brand X cars in the MoPars vs. the World thing does that better than any NSS race ever would.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168842
12/21/08 07:28 PM
12/21/08 07:28 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.I say we nominate Kevin Davis and Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler" to form a fact finding committe to present viable changes,additions and explore financial sponserships for upcomming events and present them to the owners.

Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.

than let it run.I say we nominate Kevin Davis and Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler" to form a fact finding committe to present viable changes,additions and explore financial sponserships for upcomming events and present them to the owners.

Chris"The Yankee Fish Peddler"
I can already see it painted on his car.

Bob,
How about nominating Dad since he isn't on here to defend him self. He'll be retired starting January 5th, so he will have all kinds of time on his hands.

Kevin,Your Papa Joe would be a perfect guy for the job.Are you nominating him?He has such personality and charm.

Yes I am!!! what's the worse he could do??? cut me out of his will? He's already spent it on the car
Maybe you should call him to let him know what his new job will be starting January 5th and what it pays.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Steve1118] #168843
12/21/08 07:32 PM
12/21/08 07:32 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Steve, i wouldnt mind seeing the CC event come a little closer to the east coast and keep it the same exact way you guys run it as all my cars would conform, all have 2-4bbls and all run 10.5 tires and all are period correct. there are 30-50 good cars that fit the profile, im saying just add a few events to broaden the schedule. i know alot of pa guys show up to certain events and not all of them attend regularly.
we need a good all mopar event this side of the country.
we only have atcos mopar event, and lebanon valley mopars, island dragways event i dont know what you call it.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Moore & Moore] #168844
12/21/08 07:40 PM
12/21/08 07:40 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

10.00 racers do not take this the wrong way but would there be a 10.00 shootout if it was not for the efforts and sponsorship of CRT and BigDog. My point is if some want a NSS class just do the legwork and secure a sponsor and present it to Charlie I am sure he will listen.
Jack Moore

Don't forget that Rick Rondy (340rick) was instramental in this too,,,and I couldn't agree with you more.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: dartman366] #168845
12/21/08 07:54 PM
12/21/08 07:54 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

While it is a known fact that I don't have a horse in this race, but I do try and attend the CC Event's running Super Pro and the 10oh shoot out as much as I can and support the series, here is my opinion,regard less how this end's up as to making a change or not the best money spent is to advertise what you have, try and compromise and come up with a plan for the Max Wedge/NSS class and LET THE PUBLIC KNOW ABOUT IT!!!, I have so many time's talked to people that own Mopar's that have not heard of the series and try to explain to them what it is all about, so that maybe they will spectate or participate, the 10oh shoot out was conceved as a thought that was given a try and look at it now,,one of the most popular venues of the Classic Event series, and envied by a lot of my non mopar friends as somthing they wish they could do, but like I said before what ever the decision is ADVERTISE IT!!!JMO

You hit the nail on the head. I don't care how many Special events or classes we have. If no one advertises it, it's doomed to fail eventually.
CCE needs to keep striving to bring in new racers and spectators to these events. Because every year we are going to lose some for various reasons.
only advertising in the Mopar Magazines is just advertising to same people over and over again. We need to be advertising on Race Junk, at Jegs, Summit, the Muscle Car Trader magazines, etc. etc.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: KD800X] #168846
12/21/08 08:03 PM
12/21/08 08:03 PM
Speedway Indiana
G
genuinerocker Offline
genuinerocker  Offline
G

Speedway Indiana
I find most of this entire thread very entertaining........
First off it starts with a couple of guys that want to get CC Events to start a NSS class or change Max wedge so that they fit in.... then we have a poll for CC events to start a NSS class....
Only 8 guys who race in CC Events respond...
Yet most on here expect CC Events to advertise and promote the race, hold the event, and then pay a purse... Just curious, but where does CC Events get anything out of all this?

Can you just expect them to mess with their series and schedule, because a few want it to change...In truth, I think the poll proved one thing...Not that many CC Event racers get on Moparts

One post threw down on CC Events for the smaller schedule... There was a deliberate reason for that...
Look at the state of our economy.....Nuff said...

If things improve across America in 2009, the schedule will expand.. CC Events has plans to go to Indy in 2010 and may add another venue if the economy is strong enough to warrant that ...
Since the Blankenship family took over three seasons ago, the series has improved immensely....

Some act like a NSS class will magically improve car counts .. Not so... It takes time to build any class.. Some are just not aware of what kind of time and effort it takes to sponsor, promote and pull off a series like CCEvents...Some also think that NSS would be a huge draw....Not real likely except to the diehard Mopar guys who already come out... Bracket racing is truly only spectated by other bracket racers and friends... A cold hard fact....

Sponsorship has always been an issue and will be harder to come by... One post stated Jegs was a sure thing... Try again .. CC Events has tried that avenue many times as well as Summitt....Those who just think that Sponsors are easy to get have obviously never attempted to get one.....

...As I have said on this thread before, if CC Events were to add any Class in 2009 it would be SS/AA... Talks have been in motion for several months and with the state of things in the NHRA and Mopar, that would be the added class... Again it really depends if we can pull together the Sponsorship and pay-outs... They would be heads-up and most likely be a draw for spectators.. at least that would be the hope...

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168847
12/21/08 08:20 PM
12/21/08 08:20 PM
CHI-TOWN
REHBERGERRACING Offline
Redenbacher Racing
REHBERGERRACING  Offline
Redenbacher Racing

CHI-TOWN
Quote:

First off it starts with a couple of guys that want to get CC Events to start a NSS class or change Max wedge so that they fit in.... then we have a poll for CC events to start a NSS class....
Yet most on here expect CC Events to advertise and promote the race, hold the event, and then pay a purse... Just curious, but where does CC Events get anything out of all this?

Can you just expect them to mess with their series and schedule, because a few want it to change...In truth, I think the poll proved one thing...Not that many CC Event racers get on Moparts

One post threw down on CC Events for the smaller schedule... There was a deliberate reason for that...

If things improve across America in 2009, the schedule will expand.. CC Events has plans to go to Indy in 2010 and may add another venue if the economy is strong enough to warrant that ...
Since the Blankenship family took over three seasons ago, the series has improved immensely....

Some act like a NSS class will magically improve car counts .. Not so... It takes time to build any class.. Some are just not aware of what kind of time and effort it takes to sponsor, promote and pull off a series like CCEvents...Some also think that NSS would be a huge draw....Not real likely except to the diehard Mopar guys who already come out... Bracket racing is truly only spectated by other bracket racers and friends... A cold hard fact....

Sponsorship has always been an issue and will be harder to come by... One post stated Jegs was a sure thing... Try again .. CC Events has tried that avenue many times as well as Summitt....Those who just think that Sponsors are easy to get have obviously never attempted to get one.....

...As I have said on this thread before, if CC Events were to add any Class in 2009 it would be SS/AA... Talks have been in motion for several months and with the state of things in the NHRA and Mopar, that would be the added class... Again it really depends if we can pull together the Sponsorship and pay-outs... They would be heads-up and most likely be a draw for spectators.. at least that would be the hope...

At least one person here has a clue.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: REHBERGERRACING] #168848
12/21/08 08:46 PM
12/21/08 08:46 PM
pa
K
Kyle Reasbeck Offline
enthusiast
Kyle Reasbeck  Offline
enthusiast
K

pa
what I dont understand is how some don't get that appeasing current cars doesnt bring in new cars. You see you currently have two types of racers for CCEvents...
a) racers that attend
b) racers that dont attend

Holding a vote among the boys club doesnt really reach out and bring in more cars from those that don't attend.

And I dont think anybody is trying to force CCEvents hand to making another class, or make them do the leg work, etc. It was a suggestion with the hopes of seeing if there was any interest. Sheesh who knew all you guys would get so riled up. If those who truly want to have a class start and want to make a case to CC describing the potential, they need to have a few things:
a) proven interest
b) sponsors
You have to start somewhere. Obviously it's their final decision, but it makes a little more logical when the information is presented. Obviously SS/AA would be a great addition, but again im sure interest and sponsors are being research, and its ultimately CCEvents decision. Maybe they should throw the AA cars in the Hemi class?

Rehberger racing, are you a CCEvents employee/rep?

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168849
12/21/08 08:51 PM
12/21/08 08:51 PM
KENTUCKY
69CHARGERMD Offline
master
69CHARGERMD  Offline
master

KENTUCKY
Quote:

If i dont open the hood,,,and they dont see the dominator in there,,,,is it "really" there,,,, LOL

Quote:

Bob George Who would know or care whats under the hood.My car looks more period correct than most of the Hemi cars.If it looks like a period correct and not a low slung state of the art bracket car than let it run.

THANKS BOB,,,,,
I know the dominator thing will not change,,,and i can change my car to fit,,,wish i didnt have to,,,but those are the rules right now.. ..i think the carb issue is a bit strict, ,,not sure why it matters what carb you have,,,other than saying its "period correct", ,,i dont think they had aluminum heads back then did they. .or other items that are allowed,,,MSD7,,etc,,,?
Regardless,,,i will do whats right,,no big deal,,i think it looks like a fun class to race in,,,

Last edited by 69CHARGERMD; 12/21/08 08:52 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Kyle Reasbeck] #168850
12/21/08 08:58 PM
12/21/08 08:58 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
OK. Bob G, Kyle, Rehberger, Poppa J; Chris; all of us. It's time for the group hug.

I do think that doing some leg work, possibly rounding sponsors and putting together a professional type proposal is the way to go, if indeed another NSS class could be added. Any business proposal, which is exactly what this would be, has to have its ducks in a row when proposed. All loose ends have to be tied, and all possible drawbacks have to be addressed. Charlie is spending the money and going out on a limb to make this succeed.

Perhaps even calling it a "Nostalgia Modified Production" class (remember MP?) running on a break similar to NSS classes. Loosen up the rules a bit....maybe to 62-72(????), full size cars, big blocks, period correct scoops, no chopped up pieces, no electronics, foot brake only. Allow a single Dominator on a big block as long as the car looks period correct. This would allow some of the guys to experience Nostalgia racing, and would not group them all with everyone else in Pro ET. A catch class for those who have NSS type cars that don't fit one of the other classes, and don't wish to run another bracket race. Maybe even a Pro tree, just for kicks.

Anyway....all together now.....

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Steve1118] #168851
12/21/08 09:02 PM
12/21/08 09:02 PM
KENTUCKY
69CHARGERMD Offline
master
69CHARGERMD  Offline
master

KENTUCKY
Quote:

Allow a single Dominator on a big block as long as the car looks period correct. This would allow some of the guys to experience Nostalgia racing

STEVE=

Last edited by 69CHARGERMD; 12/21/08 09:03 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168852
12/21/08 09:04 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

Just to clarify my point when I spoke of advertising,I was not just talking about a new class or a change in a class,,I was speaking about advertising the series itself and all that is involved including car show's and vendor's, plus the available classes,and spectator attraction's, sorry if I didn't come across properly.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Kyle Reasbeck] #168853
CHI-TOWN
REHBERGERRACING Offline
Redenbacher Racing
REHBERGERRACING  Offline
Redenbacher Racing

CHI-TOWN
Quote:

what I dont understand is how some don't get that appeasing current cars doesnt bring in new cars. You see you currently have two types of racers for CCEvents...
a) racers that attend
b) racers that dont attend

Holding a vote among the boys club doesnt really reach out and bring in more cars from those that don't attend.

And I dont think anybody is trying to force CCEvents hand to making another class, or make them do the leg work, etc. It was a suggestion with the hopes of seeing if there was any interest. Sheesh who knew all you guys would get so riled up. If those who truly want to have a class start and want to make a case to CC describing the potential, they need to have a few things:
a) proven interest
b) sponsors
You have to start somewhere. Obviously it's their final decision, but it makes a little more logical when the information is presented. Obviously SS/AA would be a great addition, but again im sure interest and sponsors are being research, and its ultimately CCEvents decision. Maybe they should throw the AA cars in the Hemi class?

Rehberger racing, are you a CCEvents employee/rep?

Code:

No...Charlie couldn't afford me.
Kidding aside...You need sponsors & cash to make things happen. Paul(genuinerocker) & I know they're hard to come by in these times. People aren't just passing out money anymore. Why do you think Mopar pulled out of the SS/AA Shootouts??

Last edited by REHBERGERRACING; 12/21/08 09:07 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: 69CHARGERMD] #168854
12/21/08 09:06 PM
12/21/08 09:06 PM
Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
VernMotor Offline
master
VernMotor  Offline
master

Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
How many here run the CC events and don't get in to the points ? And voted ? I am one ???

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: genuinerocker] #168855
12/21/08 09:14 PM
12/21/08 09:14 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Ok, being in the points last year means absolutely nothing... We were not in the points last year, but in 2007 I sure was (granted we only hit two races) but i still got in it. Like said before just because 8 people ran it last year, Im sure there are a few more on this board who intend to in the coming years. So with that said everyone has a say.

Kevin, do you know when Charlie or Eddie will be back, so maybe we can find out what is needed to pull something like this off?

Casey

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: 69CHARGERMD] #168856
12/21/08 09:19 PM
12/21/08 09:19 PM
SC
Greg Offline
super stock
Greg  Offline
super stock

SC
Paul or BG,

Help me out here with the sponsorship at CC events. I am pretty sure that class sponsor pays the purse for that class but what do they get in return other than name recognition? Does that sponsor benefit by booth space for sales of products or any other perks? Are sponsorships set up that if a maximum number of competitors participate a percentage of the entry fees goes back to the sponsor? I am not trying to get into CC events business but just trying to see if some of us can help out with future sponsorship. If you don't think this is approprate to answer here just pm me or email me.

Last edited by Greg; 12/21/08 09:21 PM.
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168857
12/21/08 09:27 PM
12/21/08 09:27 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

i was just talking to kevin davis and we came up with an idea that would be a terrific event like steve said.
i want to get in touch with Beaver Bob and try to get 2 races 1 in may and 1 in october, and run a true NSS event.
1 class with 2-4bbls for the purists and a single 4 modified class and at the end a king of the hill for the grand prize.
whos in for this. i can try and make this happen if we get a good car count. i think we'd need about 60 cars in order for it to happen.
steve do you have any pull with beaver bob?
with fuel being this cheap i cant see it being a problem, other than the usual rainouts.
WHO'S IN!!!

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168858
12/21/08 09:44 PM
12/21/08 09:44 PM
KENTUCKY
69CHARGERMD Offline
master
69CHARGERMD  Offline
master

KENTUCKY
Chris,,,
I would try and make it,,,,not sure where it would be held ?,,but i sure would try,,,,,,,,,,

Quote:

.In truth, I think the poll proved one thing...Not that many CC Event racers get on Moparts

Not sure about this,,probably lots of lurkers,,etc, ,,I went to Bowling Green,,,payed my money,,didnt race due to weather,,,and actually towed a friends car who got one run in.
I went to Norwalk,,,payed,,,and we ended up leaving ( our choice ),,due to weather,,,
I payed for both of the events,,showed up,,didnt do much racing,,,but know the money i paid went to a good cause..
I was at Columbus,,raced,,,

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168859
12/21/08 09:51 PM
12/21/08 09:51 PM
SW pa
G
goldenlancer Offline
mopar
goldenlancer  Offline
mopar
G

SW pa
raced at the Beaver a few times always had a really good time with MANDRA. was there for the superstock meed a couple of years ago also . anyway It sounds like a plan Bill

4893930-Dsc04132.jpg (40 downloads)

N/SS
Page 8 of 11 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11