12/21/08 10:17 AM
12/21/08 10:17 AM
MI, usa
dvw Offline
master
dvw  Offline
master

MI, usa
Some of you guys know me,some don't. I haven't raced Max Wedge or N/SS recently but I am returning this year. I have continued to support CC events running both Pro & Sportsman during my absence. Heres my take on it. Running against the Hemi cars puts us up against trans brakes and big tires. For fun I have no problem with that. Points and dollars are a different story. As far the Brand X cars. There are other venues for them that I plan to participate in as well as CC events. But if thats what it takes to keep CC events Max Wedge class afloat,so be it. As far as 1967 and up in N/SS I say no. I personnally am taking a lot of time trying to make my car period correct. If I wanted to run Pro I wouldn't be spending the money to build this type of car. I certainly wouldn't be atempting to run a low 9 second car bracket racing with small tires on a foot brake.
Doug

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168801
12/21/08 10:18 AM
12/21/08 10:18 AM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
I thought the whole idea was to get feedback from everyone,racers and fans and to see if there was any intrest in modifying existing programs or adding other programs.If there is no new ideas and sponserships to better provide for the future of the sport than it will surely be doomed.With the uncertainity of the economy and the lack of interest to make improvements future events will suffer.If it,s only going to be decided by a few that are content with the status quo then any new infusion of racers and programs are going to limited if not non existant.I applaud any attempts by any one to help salvage our sport for the future and welcome all suggestions if not the sport will go the way of the dinosaurs.Our minds are like parachutes,"they only work when they are open"

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168802
12/21/08 10:55 AM
12/21/08 10:55 AM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

Quote:

I don't see the benefit of changing the whole Hemi S/S and MW class and blending them into NSS. I guess I'm not sure how this is going to increase the car count.
How would this work?

Ok the thinking was to leave Hemi just the way it is now. So they can still run trans brakes and big tires Now Max wedge on the other hand... Just change it to the NSS and allow all makes. It would allow more years of cars, and different models resulting in a higher car count. Just an idea....

ps. are you Joe Davis with the 65 dodge endangered species car?
If so nice car

Thanks
Casey

Casey,

I'm Joe's son Kevin. Thanks for the complement! I'll pass it on to dad. As nice as your cars are that means a lot!

That's where I was getting confused. I thought it was being proposed to blend it all into NSS.

I can't speak for the MW class since we don't run it. But I think it would be fun to watch.
Is there still a NSS circuit that runs the Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Pa area that you can contact to see if they would be interested in running all or some of the CCE races?

(I understand that this is all talk, and ideas being thrown around).

Thanks

Kevin

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168803
12/21/08 11:44 AM
12/21/08 11:44 AM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

I thought the whole idea was to get feedback from everyone,racers and fans and to see if there was any intrest in modifying existing programs or adding other programs.If there is no new ideas and sponserships to better provide for the future of the sport than it will surely be doomed.With the uncertainity of the economy and the lack of interest to make improvements future events will suffer.If it,s only going to be decided by a few that are content with the status quo then any new infusion of racers and programs are going to limited if not non existant.I applaud any attempts by any one to help salvage our sport for the future and welcome all suggestions if not the sport will go the way of the dinosaurs.Our minds are like parachutes,"they only work when they are open"

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: KD800X] #168804
12/21/08 11:49 AM
12/21/08 11:49 AM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
Dink Bishop at 422 Motorsports runs an NSS "All Star Series" that runs in central and eastern Pa, as well as Maryland and New Jersey. He is also involved in the NSS races at Beaver Springs, which, for my money, are the best around.

He's a good guy, and a good series. Worth checking out!!

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: Steve1118] #168805
12/21/08 12:51 PM
12/21/08 12:51 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

i had to jump in on this one.
this is why I started NENDRA organization last year and it has taken off like gang busters.The group has grown at each event. i think racing all mopars at every event would be pretty boring. i love putting brand x cars on the trailer.
North East NostalgiaDrag Racing Association.
we are just a bunch of guys who want to race and have fun.
nobodys getting rich off of this, but we race all Detroit muscle 61-73.
we are very competitive and have a blast.
too bad you guys are so narrow minded as you dont realize the fun you can have. we have this year 12 races.Cutoff is 12.50

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168806
12/21/08 01:01 PM
12/21/08 01:01 PM
Walton's Mountain, Pa
Steve1118 Offline
master
Steve1118  Offline
master

Walton's Mountain, Pa
I do think two fours are a must though, as I don't think a dominator is any kind of nostalgia at all. I think there may be some merit to allowing cars up to 1971 or so in. That would allow Road Runners, bb Chevelles, and later Hemi cars in. There was a lot of them in SS eliminator.

I also think they should be full bodied cars only, no Camaros, Cudas and the like. This preserves the uniqueness. If you want, create a Nostalgia Pony car class for those guys.

If you make the rules too loose, you lose it's uniqueness and create just another bracket class.

Either way, I'll support it. But, actually, I don't know if I'd change a thing.

"Old age and treachery trumps youth and enthusiasm, every time!"

East Central Director / Chrysler Power Magazine

www.reasbeckracing.webs.com
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168807
12/21/08 01:10 PM
12/21/08 01:10 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

this is why I started NENDRA organization last year and it has taken off like gang busters.The group has grown at each event

We race all Detroit muscle 61-73.

Sounds like things have worked out great.

What are your guidelines / Rules to your events.?
I like the idea of running all the way up to 73.

That would allow for alot more cars to enter.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168808
12/21/08 01:12 PM
12/21/08 01:12 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

this is why I started NENDRA organization last year and it has taken off like gang busters.The group has grown at each event. i think racing all mopars at every event would be pretty boring. i love putting brand x cars on the trailer.
too bad you guys are so narrow minded as you dont realize the fun you can have. we have this year 12 races.Cutoff is 12.50

WHO YOU CALLING NARROW MINDED?You started your own organization because no one wanted to play with with you.You are so disgusting when you were a little kid that your parents hung pork chops around your neck and put salami down your pants so that the dog would play with you.I also heard that you couldn't get laid at a $15.00 cat house with a handful of $100.00 bills,

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168809
12/21/08 01:49 PM
12/21/08 01:49 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

WHO YOU CALLING NARROW MINDED?You started your own organization because no one wanted to play with with you.You are so disgusting when you were a little kid that your parents hung pork chops around your neck and put salami down your pants so that the dog would play with you.I also heard that you couldn't get laid at a $15.00 cat house with a handful of $100.00 bills,

can we leave my parents out of this please, they got smacked by the doctor after i was born.
and i would love to see you come out this way and race with us and spread some love. i need all i can get.
obtw, this is a real nostalgia car!!!! no single 4 bbl here BG/

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168810
12/21/08 01:50 PM
12/21/08 01:50 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

OUCH!!!!

4892827-coronet007.jpg (21 downloads)
Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168811
12/21/08 02:07 PM
12/21/08 02:07 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

can we leave my parents out of this please, they got smacked by the doctor after i was born.
and i would love to see you come out this way and race with us and spread some love. i need all i can get.

Real car,yeah,just another 65 Dodge MaxWedge that never was.If I come your way the only spreading and loving will be me and you.Some of us don't need 2 carbs.One Big One is all I need and have for you. Go soak yor head in a fish tank full of Parinahas and take Hemmaroidites with you

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168812
12/21/08 02:15 PM
12/21/08 02:15 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Real car,yeah,just another 65 Dodge MaxWedge that never was.If I come your way the only spreading and loving will be me and you.Some of us don't need 2 carbs.One Big One is all I need and have for you. Go soak yor head in a fish tank full of Parinahas and take Hemmaroidites with you

thanks i just wet myself.
thats gonna leave a mark.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168813
12/21/08 02:29 PM
12/21/08 02:29 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Your too easy,Give my thoughts and love to your little angel for me.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168814
12/21/08 02:52 PM
12/21/08 02:52 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Quote:

this is why I started NENDRA organization last year and it has taken off like gang busters.The group has grown at each event

We race all Detroit muscle 61-73.

Sounds like things have worked out great.

What are your guidelines / Rules to your events.?
I like the idea of running all the way up to 73.

That would allow for alot more cars to enter.

Well BG if your done beating up on this guy..

Maybe he could give us some insight to the rules that his racers go by.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168815
12/21/08 03:02 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Kevin,Chris is a guppy and goldfish peddler.He should call his car The Yankee Fish Peddler.He makes up the rules as he goes along,last I heard there were no rules,show up and race.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168816

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

haha wow thats funny..

The only reason the single 4 is in the rules is because some of these cars came with a single AFB. So years ago, Dave duell started letting them in because it was only fair. For example Ben Morgans 65 satellite H/SA car. Still no dominators are allowed in the class tho...

Casey

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168817
12/21/08 03:16 PM
12/21/08 03:16 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Quote:

He makes up the rules as he goes along,last I heard there were no rules,show up and race.

Ahhhh Kinda like a matchrace against That RED, White & Blue Duster

Just show up a kick his BUTT

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- #168818
12/21/08 05:00 PM
12/21/08 05:00 PM
NW Pa.
KD800X Offline
super stock
KD800X  Offline
super stock

NW Pa.
Quote:

I don't think it's a case of people being narrow minded about NSS. It sounds like a lot of people think it has merit, including my self as you know.

But keep in mind that the CCE is Mopars only like Super Chevy, the United Ford Owners, etc etc are loyal to their brand.

I think we all would like to see NSS grow, but I don't think anyone who runs CCE races would like to totally get away from Mopar only.

In these trying times we need to look at different avenues to increase the car count. And if that means bringing in some other brands for a specific class to more or less match race, I think it would be a good thing for all.

But the key here would be to make sure that NO ONE who has been loyal to CCE over the years be left out because a change in venue.

I personally would like to see CCE not stop at just NSS, but also look at binging in the Gassers, Nostalgia Funny Cars, and the SS/AH cars. Not that this will increase the car count, but it will increase the spectators. And that is where Charlie will make more money. Not to mention it would possibly bring in more sponsors because of the larger crowds.

Re: Official CC EVENTS ** ** NSS CLASS --Poll-- [Re: B G Racing] #168819
12/21/08 05:03 PM
12/21/08 05:03 PM
Speedway Indiana
G
genuinerocker Offline
genuinerocker  Offline
G

Speedway Indiana
I just got to wonder? If this NENDRA is so popular and taking off like gangbusters, why most of us never even knew about it? Seems like Casey and Jim would have already found a home there.....Personally, I have never seen the first thing about it... No flyers or postings....No event coverage any where.....

At least CC Events gets 5 pages of National and International coverage each month in Mopar Collectors Guide and has sponsorship for every event along with the fact that every race is held at an awesome racing facility.....

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11