09/30/14 08:54 AM
09/30/14 08:54 AM
Maryville tn
67coronetman Offline OP
super stock
67coronetman  Offline OP
super stock

Maryville tn
I would like to know what other do i have had to pull my Timing chain cover and i have a Mildon oil pan & windage tray well pulling the cover it ripped the front gasket that was against the timing chain cover well with the kit you get all the gasket for repair it. But the fit is super tight and the motor is still in the car so i don't think the small pan gasket that fits under the timing chain cover do other use it or just load up the bottom of the cover with Gasket sealer..

Old car are me......
Re: Timing Chain cover gasket set. [Re: 67coronetman] #1680243
09/30/14 10:29 AM
09/30/14 10:29 AM
Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
roadhazard Offline
master
roadhazard  Offline
master

Akron, Ohio U.S.A.
I believe the partial oil pan gasket (repair gasket) is made a little longer than how much the oil pan extends past the front of the block. They require custom trimming to fit what you need so the front bolt holes line up.

Yes you can use RTV sealer in place of the gasket if you like. Just be careful not to draw the oil pan full tight up against the bottom of the timing chain cover as this will bend the front of the oil pan rail, let the RTV fill the gap.

Also the timing cover gaskets are usually made a little long and require trimming to be flush with the oil pan rail on the block.

Hope this helps