09/06/14 08:04 PM
09/06/14 08:04 PM
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
CDN72SE Offline OP
mopar
CDN72SE  Offline OP
mopar

Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Just thought I would share my positive dealings with SMS.

My door's have never closed (hinged) correctly and I was never really sure what part(s) I may be missing for the hinges. On side had a roller the other didn't, one side had the little piece the roller rolls on and the other didn't and the hinges were just loose.

Many years ago I bought the door pin and bushing repair kit from the local parts store (Canadian Tire) and had it laying around, then I thought I may need something better. so I purchased the Door Hinge Pin Kit you see on the right in the first picture.

Bought the drill bit and gave it a shot, had a hard time with the drill bit and then gave up. Figured I would bite the bullet and get the hinges rebuilt instead of buying the new AMD hinges. Searched around with what others were saying and decided on SMS.

Sent off an email and got a quote of $235USD from Rod, I also said I would include my rebuilt kit in case there was something he could use.

I did some partial degreasing and derusting with some EVAPO-RUST.

Sent my hinges Expedited Post from Canada to NH for a cost of $39.68CAD on July 23 and I had them back August 4th which I thought was very quick.
Here they are cleaned up and lubed and the rods and rollers used (not from me) look very solid, better than originals.

$235USD + $45USD shipping to Canada, total of $280.

When received:

lower hinges:

Upper hinges:

Close up of pin:

Another view:

Lower installed:

Upper installed:

My car is nowhere near ready and I only installed the doors to get them out of the way but it's nice to see the doors open and stay open and close smoothly.

Re: 72 Door Hinge Rebuild by SMS Auto Restoration Services [Re: CDN72SE] #1668208
09/06/14 11:58 PM
09/06/14 11:58 PM
Blairsden, CA
T
Triggerfish Offline
top fuel
Triggerfish  Offline
top fuel
T

Blairsden, CA
SMS did a great job on my challenger & barracuda hinges. Also bought
a restored 70 4 speed ebody steering column from them & was super happy