B
BTTG Offline OP
mopar
BTTG  Offline OP
mopar
B

PA
69 440

Twice in the past 2 weeks I've been having a fuel delivery issue with my 69 Coronet. My usual starting routine (don't drive car much) is to use a syringe to put 2 ounces of gas in the fuel bowl via the external bowl vent (Carter AVS) and put 1/2 an ounce down the primaries and then turn over. It lights instantly so i do this routinely when i start teh car every week or 2. About a week ago after my ritual filling of the bowl the cold car fired and ran about 10 seconds and stalled and would not restart. Pulled the accelerator linkage back and no pump shot. So I manually refilled the bowl and it lit and ran for a 5-10 seconds... No pump shot afterwards. Assumed it was the fuel pump. Next day I tapped carb body with hammer and disconnected fuel fitting at carb and turned it over... it pumped gas. So I reconnected things, put a bit of gas in the bowl, and it started and ran till I powered down 10 minutes later... started car and drove short distances about 3 times after that with no issues. Fast forward to today same thing it started and ran for about 10 seconds. After stall no pump shot and bowl was dry. pulled fuel line at carb and turned over. it didn't pump. so again thinking fuel pump. Then I pulled the fuel line feed at the fuel pump and put my mityvac on it. Easily pulled gas from tank. Again thinking fuel pump. So I reconnected the fuel feed at the fuel pump and went back to end of line at carb and turned it over again. this time it pumped gas. so I primed the bowl and it started and ran fine afterwards till i keyed off.

I'm guessing my fuel pump is fine, but what could cause this? first time it happened car was cold and hadn't run in weeks. second time i had run it for about 20 minutes several hours prior and it was fine.

scared to take it out of the garage at this point before finding a problem. don't won't to get stuck calling Dr. Hook or laying road side pulling lines on and off.

Thanks for any help.

Re: fuel delivery issue [Re: BTTG] #1655895
08/06/14 10:54 PM
08/06/14 10:54 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
Pull the accelerator squirters nozzle out with the carb. off and see if the check needle under the squirters will fall out under its own when you turn the carb. upside down, if not figure out why Sounds like it is sticking closed because of the high quality pump fuel being sold out there today Let us know what you find out

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)