I was looking around in my shop and basement at the couple of 727 torque converters I have laying around. They are factory units. One has part number 3212 stamped on it, and the other has 3664 stamped on it (and has 166k in old grease pencil still legible in certain light). I know what the 166k converter is obviously. But what about that 3212?
Also the converter that came with my rambler's 727 torque command has a tag from I guess a rebuilder that has a date in 2002, and the part number 5430 on it. Anyone know where that is from and maybe what model/stall speed that part number is?

I'm looking to cheaply use one of the ones I have for my rambler, and as it has 3.54 gears, I need 2400-2600rpm stall behind that 360. The 166k with 2300-2400rpm may fill the bill for now. (just knock off the ring gear and presto, instant amc 727 converter).

But if the one that came with the rambler is a 166k rating or even a 175k, then i will use it, as it is obviously newer.

On that same note, anyone know the factory stall speeds on the 727 converters used by amc?

Unfortunately I believe that I sold a 175k I had to a guy for pennies last winter. AND I sold a b&m holshot I had to a friend around the same time.

Can anyone hook me up with some info?