I have been beating Mr. Belinda up for the last 15 to 20 years, over this topic, however, when staying at a motel in Columbus with the fuel and the meals, it would cost me an extra $600.00, for a retired guy on a fixed income, this is a hugh extra expense. I would like to personally thank Mr. Jim Belinda for this decision, and hopefully it is successful for all.
It will be so nice not to have to disconnect my 48' toy hauler and not have to fight the traffic congestion the next morning trying to get in. This will make it better for everyone trying to get in the next morning.
The only thing that I question, is the decision about NO PETS - you realize that some motel chains allow them to stay. I have seen this posted for the last umpteen years and I, like everyone else I know still bring in their pets, and nothing was ever said. I would like to know if this statement has to do with covering his a$$ for law suits, or is it cast in stone. If this is true, then our family must leave our dogs at home and my sons family 4 of them will have to stay home and watch all the dogs and miss the Nats. Lets see 4 people attending the race at what $50.00 each adds up, and these spectators are usually the people that buy from his vendors. Once again thanks- HEMI JOE