cincinnati ohio
M
mcat4321 Offline OP
master
mcat4321  Offline OP
master
M

cincinnati ohio
i had done a search but still have questions, i didn't want to jack other threads so i started this..06 hemi and alt. in 68 barracuda. megasquirt EM
every single wire/plug are brand new. i am using an external regulator. its a 68 single wire configuration. it is the modern electronic version.
i grounded one of the field wires on the alternator. the other field i ran to the new regulator.
i have the keyed wire from my brake light switch powering the regulator. i have a 4gauge wire straight from the alternator to the hot side of my ford starter solenoid, the fuse box is powered to the hot side of the solenoid too. everything works as it should,
BUT all my lights flicker
and if i unplug the keyed wire from the reg. the engine runs better and lights stop flikering
WHY?????

Re: charging issues on hemi swap [Re: mcat4321] #1640063
06/29/14 01:11 PM
06/29/14 01:11 PM
A
Andrewh Offline
master
Andrewh  Offline
master
A

so if you unplug that wire, you stop charging.

your flicker is voltage spikes or dips.

your source voltage is not where people normally pick to be source voltage, and I suspect it has some continuity issue that you wouldn't notice for lights, but see for your charging system.

try running a like directly from the battery to the VR and see how it runs with that instead of your source now.
Just temporarily.

if it runs better, pick a different key on source. or run a relay based on that one.