Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: Al_Alguire] #1637145
06/23/14 12:43 PM
06/23/14 12:43 PM
Sweet Home Alabama
M
MRMOPAR622 Offline
top fuel
MRMOPAR622  Offline
top fuel
M

Sweet Home Alabama
Quote:

Easy to answer..They are both habitual holders and were both on the binders. Fletcher was not going to get there to he did what any successful bracket racer would do. You do not follow through an opponent if you are not going to get there. especially when you now they hold numbers as much as you. Little Fletcher was late on the tree Peter had him by a ton and was on the binders to. Just lack of experience or maybe even a failure on the car. Don't think it will change the way he drives, dad has been VERY successful using the same technique.

Question is what if any action did the NHRA take? There is a rule against excessive braking after all. I am curious what if any action they take. IN the end glad it all ended well and it will be a learning experience for Little Fletcher for sure.

You along with a lot of others are right,and most times if there is tire smoke from excessive braking you are out!A lot of times what people don't understand if you brake hard at high speed the brakes will lock up.
That is most times the number 1 topic at the track...most of the slower door-car drivers,will say it's no worse than the Fast door-car & dragster guys ripping the throttle causing the car to bounce on the big tires at the big end,so why should we be throwed out when they are not!
The game has changed in the last few years if you want to win in most any class,you will no longer win many if any rounds if all you do is try & cut a light and run it out the big end.

"To Be The Man'You Have Got To Beat The Man" "T/D and Pro-Bracket Racer"
Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: MRMOPAR622] #1637146
06/23/14 10:58 PM
06/23/14 10:58 PM
In the tower
RonTheAnnouncer Offline
master
RonTheAnnouncer  Offline
master

In the tower
Not a fan. That was an idiotic move, period. No congrats for "saving" it, he got lucky, no more. I watched a couple guys get close to balling up two cars ( both not theirs) doing the same thing at the big money bottom bulb race I announced this past weekend, as well as seeing a kid end on the roof at a stock/super stock race last month. I see a bunch of guys at the finish line of most races giggling if they see tire smoke and /or squeal at the stripe. I'll never understand it and don't care to. Maybe if his name wasn't Fletcher he'd be gone for the rest of the season.

Ron H.
"Just when you think you have all of the answers...I change the questions!" "Rowdy" Roddy Piper
Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: RonTheAnnouncer] #1637147
06/23/14 11:50 PM
06/23/14 11:50 PM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

Not a fan. That was an idiotic move, period. No congrats for "saving" it, he got lucky, no more. I watched a couple guys get close to balling up two cars ( both not theirs) doing the same thing at the big money bottom bulb race I announced this past weekend, as well as seeing a kid end on the roof at a stock/super stock race last month. I see a bunch of guys at the finish line of most races giggling if they see tire smoke and /or squeal at the stripe. I'll never understand it and don't care to. Maybe if his name wasn't Fletcher he'd be gone for the rest of the season.

Thank you..........a man w/some sense........THIS kind of bracket racing bs is what makes it a JOKE AND dangerous..........flame on..........

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: Thumperdart] #1637148
06/24/14 01:54 AM
06/24/14 01:54 AM
Puyallup, WA
S
StealthWedge67 Offline
master
StealthWedge67  Offline
master
S

Puyallup, WA
[quote
Thank you..........a man w/some sense........THIS kind of bracket racing bs is what makes it a JOKE AND dangerous..........flame on..........

....... Said the STREET RACER guy....

LemonWedge - Street heavy / Strip ready - 11.07 @ 120
Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: StealthWedge67] #1637149
06/24/14 02:49 AM
06/24/14 02:49 AM
State of confusion
T
Thumperdart Offline
I Live Here
Thumperdart  Offline
I Live Here
T

State of confusion
Quote:

[quote

....... Said the STREET RACER guy....

AND.............What`s your point.................

72 Dart 470 n/a BB stroker street car `THUMPER`...Check me out on FB Dominic Thumper for videos and lots of carb pics......760-900-3895.....
Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: Al_Alguire] #1637150
06/24/14 09:46 AM
06/24/14 09:46 AM
Idaho
1320Dart Offline
mopar
1320Dart  Offline
mopar

Idaho
Quote:

Easy to answer..They are both habitual holders and were both on the binders. Fletcher was not going to get there to he did what any successful bracket racer would do. You do not follow through an opponent if you are not going to get there. especially when you now they hold numbers as much as you. Little Fletcher was late on the tree Peter had him by a ton and was on the binders to. Just lack of experience or maybe even a failure on the car. Don't think it will change the way he drives, dad has been VERY successful using the same technique.

Question is what if any action did the NHRA take? There is a rule against excessive braking after all. I am curious what if any action they take. IN the end glad it all ended well and it will be a learning experience for Little Fletcher for sure.

Yep. There was a guy disqualified this weekend, at Firebird Raceway here in Idaho, for excessive braking at the finish line. He won the round too. But he was disqualified and the other guy was reinstated.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin
Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: nss guy] #1637151
06/24/14 10:04 AM
06/24/14 10:04 AM
Cincinnati, Ohio
Challenger 1 Offline
Too Many Posts
Challenger 1  Offline
Too Many Posts

Cincinnati, Ohio
Quote:

it was thomas fletcher, dan's son.
I'm sure dad had some input.
Dan Fletcher is the greatest sportsman racer period and Peter Biondo ( Camaro in the other lane) probably second best and they are best friends.

Anyone that bracket races has locked up the brakes at the strip, glad he saved it.

Dan Fletcher=greatest sportsman racer ever. And Sam is right there with him. The cars are 2 of the best cars out there also.

Re: Stock Eliminator car loses it at the stripe............ [Re: Challenger 1] #1637152
06/24/14 11:16 AM
06/24/14 11:16 AM
Norwalk Ohio
cudasteve68 Offline
enthusiast
cudasteve68  Offline
enthusiast

Norwalk Ohio
Only thing saved him was the radial tires & more air pressure then a "normal" slick. Had that been a bias ply slick he would have rolled that car.

Page 2 of 2 1 2