06/08/14 08:22 PM
06/08/14 08:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody know how long the clutch adjusting rod is supposed to be for an A-body ?

I put a new clutch in my 71 Duster today, and I have it adjusted all the way to the end of the rod and the clutch pedal is halfway down still...it's like the adjusting rod needs to be longer......but it was fine before I took it apart....and the new plate disc and to bearing looked identical to the old parts.....

Re: A-body clutch linkage question [Re: ] #1630725
06/08/14 08:54 PM
06/08/14 08:54 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
Double check that you have the throw out bearing assembly and clutch fork properly installed.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: A-body clutch linkage question [Re: ] #1630726
06/08/14 09:24 PM
06/08/14 09:24 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
It sounds like the finger hieght is different between the two pressure plates To bad you didn't know it might be different before installing the new one Good luck, you may need to remove and check that to see what to do you may need to send the new one back or take it to a competent shop to have the finger hieght set to match the old pressure plate

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: A-body clutch linkage question [Re: Supercuda] #1630727
06/08/14 09:47 PM
06/08/14 09:47 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Double check that you have the throw out bearing assembly and clutch fork properly installed.

Double checked, everything installed correctly....I never took off the bellhousing, z-bar, or clutch fork......dropped the clutch and flywheel out the bottom of the bellhousing.......

Re: A-body clutch linkage question [Re: Cab_Burge] #1630728
06/08/14 10:05 PM
06/08/14 10:05 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

It sounds like the finger hieght is different between the two pressure plates To bad you didn't know it might be different before installing the new one Good luck, you may need to remove and check that to see what to do you may need to send the new one back or take it to a competent shop to have the finger hieght set to match the old pressure plate

Never knew there could be different finger heights....it had a "zoom" clutch in it from many years ago.....so I ordered another "zoom" clutch from jegs....although this one came in a generic box and wasn't purple like the old one

Re: A-body clutch linkage question [Re: Cab_Burge] #1630729
06/08/14 10:11 PM
06/08/14 10:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quote:

Actually just read the instructions...that came with my new "perfection" brand clutch (supposed to be "zoom" brand according to jeg's catalog), and it says...."NOTE: Different brands of the same pressure plate may have a difference in appearance and uninstalled lever height. These are not issues. Appearance can vary greatly and the installed height will be the same."