okla.
O
okie Offline OP
pro stock
okie  Offline OP
pro stock
O

okla.
I have a AFB on my 70 340, it has been parked for a while and now when I start it up it has gas gurgling up from a little cover on the drivers side about the center of the carb. I know there has to be a jet are valve in it but how do I clean it? It is a 625 are 650 carb. Thanks for any help. Ronnie

Re: AFB Problems [Re: okie] #1626154
05/28/14 10:47 PM
05/28/14 10:47 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
run it a bit to see if it straightens out & if not take off both of those covers & remove the piston/metering rod assys (1 under each cover) & remove the screws/linkage so you can remove the carb top & take off the floats & take the needles out & twirl them between your thumb and forefinger to clean them & if the neoprene band on the tapered tip has a ring/groove just get new needle/seats (they're cheap). Check float on the bad side for saturation. Blow out the seats with some cleaner & replace the fuel filter if in doubt of its' condition. EDIT if/before you take the top off take off the accel pump screw/lever with the 3 holes and the "S" link so the vertical pump shaft stays in the carb body as you lift the top off & come straight up easy. Pay attention to the main gasket between the carb top and the bowl as you lift the top off as the gasket may stick to the top or to the body and you dont want to tear or bend it (a helper is handy for the extra hands) & BE SURE to FIRST before you even start, take out the allthread long stud that the air cleaner nut is on.

Last edited by RapidRobert; 05/29/14 12:46 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth