So I've just about got the car ('69 'runner) completely stripped. Its going to get new full quarters and be completely blasted inside and out. It would be ideal to have the quarters or at least all the bottom portions off first so any rust in the attaching seams as well as the trunk extensions and outer wheelhouses can be blasted at the same time as the rest of the car.

I suspect that with the quarters cut off there isn't enough structural strength to have the car on a rotisserie. What I'm considering is two rails which would attach at the trans crossmember and at the front spring perch holes and extend out the back and mount to the rotisserie. The front would mount to the rotisserie at the bumper bracket holes. This way, the weight of the car is carried on the crossmembers as opposed to the rear of the car and there shouldn't be any body distortion.

Really, it would be no different than having the car on jackstands in those same places.

This would be just for the blasting process. It would be back on stands and properly supported to install the quarters.

Opinions ??