ne ohio
G
garymendy Offline OP
mopar
garymendy  Offline OP
mopar
G

ne ohio
trying to get my 69 charger project running reliably and having all kinds of trouble with my keisler...
it seems to be that the clutch is not working properly...those that know a lot more than me feel that there is air in the system and they tell me that thre is no bleeder valve in the keisler configuration.

basically if I start out and the car is shifting okay, when it gets hot,it becomes harder and harder to shift..to the point where I can get it gear at all and have to force it in with the car shut off..

really frustrating and baffling the experts that help me..

one guy who is really and expert on this type of stuff, but not the keisler set up things that possibly the synthetic oil we used for the clutch is heating up too much and getting bubbles in it which is then causing the air in the system which then makes the clutch inoperable..

any one have similar problems? anyone have any ideas..
we are going to try and keep the clutch reservoir cap loose and also considering putting regular brake fluid in the clutch system.

thanks for any and all comments

Re: keisler clutch problems [Re: garymendy] #1610451
04/21/14 11:10 PM
04/21/14 11:10 PM
IN
A
ahy Offline
master
ahy  Offline
master
A

IN
I've got the early Keisler hydraulic setup without bleeder valve. It can take quite a few pumps to get it primed but once working it has been trouble free. Newer versions do have the bleed valve.

It sounds to me like a heat problem boiling the fluid. Does the line run close to the manifold/headers? Maybe re-routing or insulating the line would help. As far as fluid goes, they are all "synthetic" in some sense and mixable. DOT 4 has a higher boil point than DOT3 and DOT5 is higher yet. I have run DOT3 or 4 conventional fluid without issue. With a possible heat issue, maybe run DOT4. I am not sure these systems respond well to silicone DOT5 so I wouldn't recommend it.

Re: keisler clutch problems [Re: ahy] #1610452
04/22/14 12:22 AM
04/22/14 12:22 AM
Omaha Ne
T
TJP Offline
I Live Here
TJP  Offline
I Live Here
T

Omaha Ne
My experiences with AFTERMARKET hydraulic clutch setups have not been good, KEISTER (LOL) especially. I recommend going back to the factory MECHANICAL linkage. Probably not want you wanted to hear but the factory stuff worked.