Monte_Smith Offline
master
Monte_Smith  Offline
master
M

North Alabama
Quote:

Quote:

Haters gonna hate Rich.........I don't really understand it either. People ask for opinions and then want to argue when your opinion doesn't match what they WANT TO HEAR. I personally don't care what anyone does, it's their money and they can spend it as they please on whatever they please, but my only thing is that you have to overlook the "crap" and know that some appreciate what is posted from guys with real world experience who are actually trying the help.

And I don't frequent this board much anymore, but when I do, it quickly becomes VERY apparent why I don't come here as much as I used to. I am definitely not part of the "clique" here and don't care to be. But for some, unless you are part of this little "special group", they don't want to hear anything you have to say. Guess I don't carry on enough inane chatter about nothing to be one of "the boys".......LOL!!!!

Monte

Monte are you referring to me? When did I argue? I asked for an opinion on "Magnecor" wires, I already have Firecores. I've been chasing a pop and the plug wires are the next step. Nothing wrong with trying different stuff.

No sir, had nothing to do with you. There is also another Firecore thread.....My post was more or less just a comment to Rich.

Monte

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: Monte_Smith] #1608485
04/21/14 01:28 PM
04/21/14 01:28 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Haters gonna hate Rich.........I don't really understand it either. People ask for opinions and then want to argue when your opinion doesn't match what they WANT TO HEAR. I personally don't care what anyone does, it's their money and they can spend it as they please on whatever they please, but my only thing is that you have to overlook the "crap" and know that some appreciate what is posted from guys with real world experience who are actually trying the help.

And I don't frequent this board much anymore, but when I do, it quickly becomes VERY apparent why I don't come here as much as I used to. I am definitely not part of the "clique" here and don't care to be. But for some, unless you are part of this little "special group", they don't want to hear anything you have to say. Guess I don't carry on enough inane chatter about nothing to be one of "the boys".......LOL!!!!

Monte

I guess we were the only team to use Firecores and NOT LIKE THEM. Monte, you know we are a no-nonsense team and would use anything that worked. They did not work for us. We use MSD wires and we pay for them.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: BobR] #1608486
04/21/14 01:52 PM
04/21/14 01:52 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Monte

I guess we were the only team to use Firecores and NOT LIKE THEM. Monte, you know we are a no-nonsense team and would use anything that worked. They did not work for us. We use MSD wires and we pay for them.

Why didn't you like them and what was the issue with them?We sale and use Firecore wires and have never had an issue.Like others have commented after installing Firecore wires we found that we could increase our fuel delivery with jetting and carb calibrations increasing power.We attribute this to good consistant spark delivery.Most all wires can and do work but we choose Firecore over others for the simple fact that Rich(Sparkey)has a great product that works and his customer service is second to none.We feel it's important to support the manufactures and suppliers that support our sport and Rich steps up everytime.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: Monte_Smith] #1608487
04/21/14 02:32 PM
04/21/14 02:32 PM
Arlington, Tx.
B
BJS racing Offline
top fuel
BJS racing  Offline
top fuel
B

Arlington, Tx.
Quote:

Monte

Monte,

The worst part is I am with you. I don't post much here because any time I did about a car I was wiring or trying to help someone get a problem fixed there were select few that would go nutz and jump down every post I made. I have wired many cars as I know you have and although you and I may approach things differently we can both come out with the same result. And if there is an issue we are both smart enough to figure out the problem even if we go at it from two different angles. But when you post and try to help and everyone does well what just happened you tend to sit back and see what the crowd does and leave it alone even though you know you could offer some advice but advice that no one wants to hear because it isn't their's!

Rant over
Jason
BJS Racing

Back in the swing of things at Painless again! Great to be back!
Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: B G Racing] #1608488
04/21/14 03:24 PM
04/21/14 03:24 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Monte

Why didn't you like them and what was the issue with them?We sale and use Firecore wires and have never had an issue.Like others have commented after installing Firecore wires we found that we could increase our fuel delivery with jetting and carb calibrations increasing power.We attribute this to good consistant spark delivery.Most all wires can and do work but we choose Firecore over others for the simple fact that Rich(Sparkey)has a great product that works and his customer service is second to none.We feel it's important to support the manufactures and suppliers that support our sport and Rich steps up everytime.

On 2 different sets the spark plug boots split and caused misfires. The boots were 135's and they split right at the bend on the inside. This was on our SBF combo. Never had this happened with Ultra 40's or MSD wires. Now we use MSD hemi wires as once bit twice shy. I was discussing wires with Jeremy at BAE. There was a well known TAD owner in on the conversation. That guy told me to use any wire but Firecore. He said they had issues that went away when they switched brands. I guess anything can happen with any brand but we won't try them again.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: BJS racing] #1608489
04/21/14 04:11 PM
04/21/14 04:11 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
I did not take any of the posts as an attack. Everybody has their thought proocess, and if it is working, why rock the boat? The reason RobR's team, who is one of the quickest on the planet in the 10.5 class, is that they were getting RF problems. Also, it is a special boot and tube combo that we figured out for Brad Anderson Hemi Heads. It is a different tube that needs to be handled a little differently that the MSD Hemi tube system. That is fine. We are a new company, and don't have the perfect answer to every single application out there...yet..Rob's team has obviously figured out what it takes for their car to consistently win. Radio noice is a crazy animal. We've seen the same set react differently on a racecar, but something different when replaced 2 years later with a new set. That set is still on Mark Carlisle's Worlds Fastest IRS Corvette(6.82 @ 223). Why do they work on Steve Crisafulli's Twin Turbo that runs 4.12's at 194 in the 1/8th? Actually, dozens of the worlds quickest cars in numerous classes religiously trust them. Like I said, RF is a hard thing to work with.

Everyone should completely respect others decisions to try out other manufactures...with everything. Thats how we learn. The stories, results, and testimonials we receive, are from actual racers, engine builders, dyno operators, and crew chiefs. But like everything, everones results may differ. Nothing is identical, every time. Thanks. It is hard to think that over a dozen Top Fuel teams choose to buy a low-quality wire.

Join the quickest team in motorsports. Team FireCore. CustomWiresets.com
Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: sunroofgtx] #1608490
04/21/14 06:30 PM
04/21/14 06:30 PM
W. Kentucky
justinp61 Offline OP
I Live Here
justinp61  Offline OP
I Live Here

W. Kentucky
Quote:

It is hard to think that over a dozen Top Fuel teams choose to buy a low-quality wire.

And I didn't think anyone uses accel yellow wires anymore.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: justinp61] #1608491
04/21/14 06:50 PM
04/21/14 06:50 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
You lost me there, Justin. Great luck. Let us know what happens. Thnaks for your past business.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: sunroofgtx] #1608492
04/21/14 07:00 PM
04/21/14 07:00 PM
Pa
Hot 340 Offline
master
Hot 340  Offline
master

Pa
Quote:

You lost me there, Justin. Great luck. Let us know what happens. Thnaks for your past business.

Off topic, you're being hunted..
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=825890

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: BobR] #1608493
04/21/14 08:27 PM
04/21/14 08:27 PM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline
master
C

Arizona
Quote:

On 2 different sets the spark plug boots split and caused misfires. The boots were 135's and they split right at the bend on the inside. This was on our SBF combo. Never had this happened with Ultra 40's or MSD wires. Now we use MSD hemi wires as once bit twice shy. I was discussing wires with Jeremy at BAE. There was a well known TAD owner in on the conversation. That guy told me to use any wire but Firecore. He said they had issues that went away when they switched brands. I guess anything can happen with any brand but we won't try them again.

Same thing happened to me.. Boots are cheap IMO..

Went with MSD, who I hate as a company.. But I like their wires and distributors..

Chris..

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: Chris'sBarracuda] #1608494
04/21/14 11:12 PM
04/21/14 11:12 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
Chris, pm sent. I had zero idea of that. Please let me know. The couple problems that are happening are easily fixed. All you need to do is call and let us know. We have dozens of different types of boots. Don't the wrong boot make you think it's the wires fault. Thanks. We'll make it right for you. Do you have the same setup as Al Aguire?

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: Monte_Smith] #1608495
04/22/14 12:53 AM
04/22/14 12:53 AM
Oologah, Oklahoma
Big Squeeze Offline
pro stock
Big Squeeze  Offline
pro stock

Oologah, Oklahoma
Quote:

I don't CARE if they are worth any power..........I care that they WORK and solve the RFI issues on the cars I tune, which they do.......others don't. End of that story.

Don't care to wear my motor out on the dyno swapping wires around looking for a few HP..........waste of time. I will find a few horsepower somewhere else. I just want the wires to DO THEIR JOB, the Firecores do

Monte

Been super busy and forgot about this thread...

OK, Monte......but, 99% of the people that start up a spark plug wire thread believe and are asking if there's any power gain in switching.......You and I know that there isn't.....but like motor oil, air filters and spark plugs, there's a LOT of VOODOO hype in the advertising industry....and that stuff rubs me the wrong way...........

ANYONE who frequents this forum has heard the "these wires are so good, you'll have to jet your motor up and it'll make more power" sales pitch.......I'm not naming names and I'm NOT knocking the wires......I'm NOT saying they're bad or they don't work as good as any other quality wire......For that reason, I won't buy them...(which I'm sure won't put much of dent in their sales).......

I'm sure you'll agree, Monte, that Dave Leahy at www.electrimotion.com knows his stuff.......I've known and worked with him since I was a kid....While I was at his shop a few years ago I quizzed him about wires (knowing what he was going to say)......His response, about the wires I'm talking about, was that he'd tested them and they weren't any better than any other wire......At the time, he used MSD wires and made his own boots and may still be doing that (I hadn't thought to even ask him about that the last time I talked to him)........Dave's a no BS kinda guy.......

You know I have HUGE respect for you, Monte..... and as you say, I'm sure they're good wires........

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: Big Squeeze] #1608496
04/22/14 01:51 AM
04/22/14 01:51 AM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
Squeeze. We've got dozens of testimonials stating that fact. My gut tells me that they are not lieing. Especially the testimonial from one of the foremost knowledgable Mopar guys we all know.

Bob George
Owner of Bob George Racing

We rarely give testimonial for manufacturer’s products unless we have experienced dramatic, positive results. Our decision to become a dealer for Firecore Wires is based on such positive results.
One of our consistent Bracket cars (528 cu. Inch Hemi) that ran 9.85 was plagued with misfiring on its first pass until the plugs would clean out. We noticed that the plugs always seemed rich but when we would lean out the fuel we lost E.T.
We met Rick Gorski at a racing event who asked us to try a set of his Firecore wires on the car. The first pass did not show any improvement but, on checking the plugs we noticed they were as clean as a new set. We started to jet up and on each pass the car ran quicker. After jetting up 4 sizes we noticed some color on the plugs and the E.T. improved 2 tenths. We also eliminated the misfire on the first pass issue completely.
It is our finding that Firecore Wires were able to deliver a hotter spark with less resistance which enables an increased fuel power. We also checked the old wires and found they were within the manufacturer’s specification range. No other changes were made to this bracket car.
We thank Rick and Firecore and now recommend these wires to all our customers. We run these wires on Don Martik’s ’65 Blown Alcohol Hemi Car.

I am proud of these ignition wires. They have proven themselves over and over. If they won the NHRA Championship on Matt Smith's Pro Stock Motorcycle last year, and now entrusted on all 4 of his ProStock Team Bikes, there is something to be said for the wires controlling RF and EMI issues. A Prostock Motorcyle has limited room under the bonnet, with dozens of hyper-sensitive computer sensors. I am truly sorry that some boots didn't work out for some guys. But it seems that the issues were just that. Boot problems. Thanks much. This is fun.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: sunroofgtx] #1608497
04/22/14 03:47 AM
04/22/14 03:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What did the world of racing do before Firecores were "invented" ??

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: ] #1608498
04/22/14 11:10 AM
04/22/14 11:10 AM
Ontario,Canada
F
firefighter3931 Offline
top fuel
firefighter3931  Offline
top fuel
F

Ontario,Canada
Quote:

The cars just ran slower and they changed wires more often

Ron

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: ] #1608499
04/22/14 11:24 AM
04/22/14 11:24 AM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Quote:

They ran solid core wires and didnt have all the electronics
they do now(hell most of the old cars didnt have any)

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: ] #1608500
04/22/14 04:23 PM
04/22/14 04:23 PM
Cleveland
sunroofgtx Offline
I Live Here
sunroofgtx  Offline
I Live Here

Cleveland
Quote:

Why does it seem so impossible for somebody to come up with a superior product than what is presently offered? Nobody changed their "recipe" for the newer RF sensitive data acquisition computers. Somebody needed to do it. I will continue to support the Moparts racers.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: sunroofgtx] #1608501
04/22/14 04:41 PM
04/22/14 04:41 PM
Left Coast
B
BobR Offline
master
BobR  Offline
master
B

Left Coast
Quote:

Quote:

Why does it seem so impossible for somebody to come up with a superior product than what is presently offered? Nobody changed their "recipe" for the newer RF sensitive data acquisition computers. Somebody needed to do it. I will continue to support the Moparts racers.

Rich...you are a good guy. That goes a long way with me so I probably should just keep my mouth shut. If people love your product then that's good enough.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: BobR] #1608502
04/22/14 05:15 PM
04/22/14 05:15 PM
Eighty Four, PA
B G Racing Offline
master
B G Racing  Offline
master

Eighty Four, PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rich...you are a good guy. That goes a long way with me so I probably should just keep my mouth shut. If people love your product then that's good enough.

Bob,it's not an issue to speak up if you had a problem and no one will ever fault you for doing so,that's why I asked why you didn't like the wires and what was the problem.Rich should appreciate and imput that can help him improve his product.We had a issue with the early distributers and told Rich.He quickly researched the problem and corrected it not only that he sent me a new batch of the corrected distributers and a pickup ticket for the ones we had in stock.He even offered to reimburse me for any cost to us or our customers.He has also modified the hemi boots for the different head and valve cover applications for specific applications that we had issues with.How many can say they have had that kind of experience with a manufacture or supplier.I understand that every now and then a problem occurrs and the end user forms an opinion and has the right to voice that opinion but over all the product works for the majority of users and the they also have the right to voise their opinion.Our experience goes well beyond the product to include how well the customer service is handled.

Re: ANyone tried these plug wires? [Re: justinp61] #1608503
04/22/14 05:35 PM
04/22/14 05:35 PM
Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm There is a lot of information there, good or bad I don't know.

I posted a while a question a while back about for opinions on Moroso Ultra 40s verses Firecore's. I hadn't made up my mind yet so I've been doing some reading. My converter should be here next week so I so I need to get off pot so to speak and order some wires. I've found some interesting stuff on wires that I didn't know, which is not surprising as there is a lot I don't know .

I'd like to thank the OP one more time, as his original post has more technical content than the rest of the posts combined - including mine. Too bad this thread has turned in to a pissing contest - to some degree.

Fastest 300
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6