12/03/08 06:41 PM
12/03/08 06:41 PM
Cambridge Idaho
RUMBLON Offline OP
master
RUMBLON  Offline OP
master

Cambridge Idaho
Sorry, I lost a lot of information off of my website where I had some link. I have to rebuild my site, thans to bluehost.

In any case, you gave me a site that sells the complete weld in K embers for the 38 Plymouth Business coupe. I am going to order it after/ for my xmas gift and cant remember the company. For some reason I thought it was fatman, but I dont see it on their site.

It was the mustang II style K member that makes it an easy bolt on.

I also have a question? I am thinking of keeping it high in the air like a gasser look, will that K member work for this aplication? If not, I will go gasser on another car.

I checked all the othe rposts but didnt see it or your previous advise. I want a decent steering clumn, steering box, and nice front suspension ut not the real expensive stuff, just nice representable parts for a nice rod.

Dave

Last edited by LAWFISH; 12/03/08 06:42 PM.
Re: Hey Mopar Ron-- which K member for the 38 again? [Re: RUMBLON] #160798
12/03/08 06:49 PM
12/03/08 06:49 PM
Cambridge Idaho
RUMBLON Offline OP
master
RUMBLON  Offline OP
master

Cambridge Idaho
Wait, I found it, it is Fatman, page 4???? the $399.00 kit.

Now which steering, and suspension arts do you recomend if I go with a standard rod and lower the front end and make a nice driver? And I guess I can mix/ match any Mustang II parts and make up a set up. Its full fendered, so i guess I dont need the real standout brakes, ect that will be covered up and can save that for an open fendered car.
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Dave

Re: Hey Mopar Ron-- which K member for the 38 again? [Re: RUMBLON] #160799
12/03/08 07:09 PM
12/03/08 07:09 PM
Escondido, CA. Ron Podsiadly,...
Mopar Ron Offline
master
Mopar Ron  Offline
master

Escondido, CA. Ron Podsiadly,...
Dave yeah Fatman is the one that makes the crossmember for your car
I would not go with that frontend if you want the GASSER look.
personally I would use the fatman unit on your car and look for something else to make into a GASSER.

Check on Ebay for mustang II stuff and you will find all kinds of frontend parts. I like the bigger brake kits(11") but they will run you about $100.00 more than the 9 1/2" stuff.
and I like the TUBE "A" armes top and bottom as it eliminates the factory mustang strut rod setup
I use the 70's mopar tilt columns but the Ididit stuff is real nice but costs more than a junkyard column.
I am glad you kept the car Ron....