R
radar Offline OP
top fuel
radar  Offline OP
top fuel
R

Philadelphia
I tried searching, and I love the stance of this member's car:

he says it is 29.5" by 10.5" MT slick on a 10" rim with 5" backspace. Stock rear width not tubbed. I don't want slicks, but the size is NICE!

This car might have a more streetable rear tire and wheel combo:

I want a little more rake- the front wells look empty. He has BFG275/60/15 on 8" rims with 4.5"bs

My car is a 72 demon. I have a 408 smallblock, 8 3/4" rear with suregrip 4.10 gears and stock rallies on small bolt pattern. I have new 6 leafs and extended rear hangers, ao I figure that will help fit some meat under there. I don't want to tub it, but a little trimmin in the wheelwell doesn't scare me as long as it doesn't rub when I turn.

Who has a demon or duster that is happy with their big rear tires?

Thanks
Kevin
in Philly

Re: 72 Demon big street tires question [Re: radar] #159903
12/02/08 07:56 AM
12/02/08 07:56 AM
Airville Pa.
B
boomer Offline
boomer  Offline
B

Airville Pa.
That is my green Duster. The tires just fit in the wheelhouse and I don't have any problems with rub. My rear springs are the origional untouched but, they should be re-arched. That would probably give the rear another inch or two in height. I have Moser axles so I have the 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern but wheel vintique sells the same rear rim (15x8) in the 4 inch bolt pattern. As for the front tires, I wanted bigger tires but, everybody was out of stock so I was relagated to the smaller size. The front wheel wells look empty because at the time of the picture, I had just put the engine back in after it had been sitting without an engine for about 2 years. The front end has since settled in lower. The front doesn't look as empty now as it did in that picture. Good luck... Matt