03/05/14 08:57 PM
03/05/14 08:57 PM
Pa.
T
Tek52 Offline OP
Tek52  Offline OP
T

Pa.
Hi Gang! I'm currently repairing some rust in the lower rear window corners of my 70 Coronet. Offered on the market is an outer repair corner piece,which repairs the outer sheet metal, and a smaller inner repair corner,which seems to fit up nicely inside the outer corner piece. My questions are, what is the purpose of the inner piece, as it seems to do nothing, but it must serve some purpose, because why did Chrysler design it there? Some think it is an assembly aid, or a corner reinforcement.Which leads us to my second question-
As there are no inner corners available anywhere, and AMD doesn't expect any until summer, can I just make up a 18ga. piece to act as a shim in lieu of the inner corner( maintaining thickness, and adding a little strength), and weld in the outer piece, and move on with my restoration OR- does the inner piece reinforce the window area against body flex and cracking ??? Anybody have experience here ? ( I couldn't do anything with the cold winter, and now wait until mid June ? Jeez..) Thanks!

Re: 70 B Body Rear Window Corner Advice Needed [Re: Tek52] #1588612
03/08/14 01:51 PM
03/08/14 01:51 PM
okla.
O
okie Offline
pro stock
okie  Offline
pro stock
O

okla.
I just put the outer corners on mine because when I done it they weren't making the iners. Been 5-6 years and have had no problems and it get drove a lot. Good Luck Ronnie