03/03/14 01:03 PM
03/03/14 01:03 PM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline OP
master
GTSDave  Offline OP
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
I am mostly an A body guy, but need some info on AAR Cuda's. Are there any good reference / restoration books or websites out there with accurate information?

What would be the correct part numbers for the correct exhaust manifolds, for an AAR Cuda.

Also what would be the correct intake manifold P/N?

Finally does anyone know about how many FM3 AAR Cudas were built? With an automatic?

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com
Re: AAR Cuda info needed. [Re: GTSDave] #1587353
03/03/14 10:28 PM
03/03/14 10:28 PM
Florida
M
mopar346 Offline
Let me tell ya about fat chicks!
mopar346  Offline
Let me tell ya about fat chicks!
M

Florida
There are a number of sites out there and there is a bunch of inaccurate informatin out there. The exhaust manifolds are the same as the 68 to 70 340s I believe but there is an arguement that AARs had the casting number inprinted in the engine side of the manifold rather than the raised casting number on the outside. It is certain that some were that way but no necessarily all, that it the discussion. As far as how many FM3 cars were made it is only an educated guess, Chrysler as you probably know didn't keep up with a count by options but they to have a percentage, that percentage includes all Plymouth E-bodies though so kinda scued at best. The guestimation is on one of the sites as well as the known to exist numbers in the registry. Barry Washington is the go to guy for T/A and AAR info. I think his site is ChallengerTAregistry.com. Transamcuda.com is another one that has the registered VINs listed in part including some options, you may find that the car is known to exist and info is out there for it. Both sites have links to other sites as well. As far as books go, there is one but I hear it is full of inaccurate info, I do not have it and have not seen it so this is only hearsay from people who have, some of which I trust. Barry has a CD of over 1000 pictures of a 178 mile T/A that is worth the entry price it you have any interest in these cars. There are a number of active AAR/Ta owners here as well but seem to find them mostly on the A12/restoration forum. Ask all the qestions you want and one of us should know the answer or at least think we do and sometimes we disagree. Anyway hope this helps and good luck.

Careful, your character's showing!
Re: AAR Cuda info needed. [Re: GTSDave] #1587354
03/03/14 10:40 PM
03/03/14 10:40 PM
Hamtramck, PA
A
Alaskan_TA Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
Alaskan_TA  Offline
Fluffy Balladeer
A

Hamtramck, PA
There is no way to know how many were built in any color or combination, so all we can do is track known examples. That said....

As of this moment, I know of 44 FM3 AARs, 23 of which are automatic cars & one is known to me so far with column shift.

If you want to contact me with the VIN I can tell you if I know anything about the car or if it is a new one to me. My contact info is at http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/contact.shtml

Another great site is www.aarta.com

Re: AAR Cuda info needed. [Re: GTSDave] #1587355
03/03/14 10:47 PM
03/03/14 10:47 PM
Ashland City, Tennessee
A
Aar1064 Offline
enthusiast
Aar1064  Offline
enthusiast
A

Ashland City, Tennessee
Hi Dave,
RH Exhaust manifold part number is 2863545 casting number is 2863549 68-70 E/A
LH exhaust manifold part number is 2863552 casting number is 2863553 68-71 A and 70 E
Intake manifold part and casting number is 3418681

There are a lot of resources out there and since I started restoring an AAR I have learned a lot from different places including moparts. I haven't been able to find the one place to go for every part but a lot of AAR specific part numbers can be found on the Parts and Casting #'s page at transamcuda.com. I keep a copy of this in my pocket. Lol

Hope this helps

Re: AAR Cuda info needed. [Re: Aar1064] #1587356
03/04/14 03:02 PM
03/04/14 03:02 PM
Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
GTSDave Offline OP
master
GTSDave  Offline OP
master

Richmond, Tx. (Houston)
Thanks guys,

That will be a big help. Right now we are going through a pile of parts to see what is there and what is missing.

Barry, you know about this one already. I gave you info on it several years ago. It was a for your eyes only kinda deal, and kinda still is so I wont post much about it. But will ask questions from time to time as the restoration progresses.

Once I locate the build sheet I will contact you again about it in private.

-Dave

PLEASE Pray for our brothers and sisters in harms way.

If you are the owner of a GTS us at the GTS Registry www.gtsregistry.com