So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

As Cab said, getting the proper alignment of the roller tip to the valve stem is the challenge...
To accomplish this we do the following:

1. Use a spare head for as a mockup sample
2. Use a Dremel tool/sanding drum to modify the valve shim for the proper clearance.. For example, if U need a shim of 0.012, take a 0.015 shim and sand it down slightly
3. After setting the rockers and shims up, mount the shaft on the mockup head. Torque down the shaft, now recheck the rocker clearances they can change slightly.

This procedure allows one to optimize the rocker setup easily, and then transfers the total shaft/rockers/shims for final engine mounting.

Just my $0.05...

No disrespect intentded, I wouldn't swap rocker assemblys from side to side once their set up, let alone set them up on another head and then expect them to be correct for a head that may be a different brand or casting number OP, my message is to set up the rockers for the heads your going to run and mark the assembly in a way you know which rockers go on which head Setting them up can be very challenging, I start with the two inner cylinders and then do one outer at a time, not much fun anyway you do it but it does help make the motor more efficient and the parts will last longer when done properly I need to clarify once you get the roller tip so it is in full contact with the valve stem moving it so it is centered is not a gain in performance or longivity, it just looks better In other words if you can't get it centered on any or all of them don'tworry about it, as long as the roller tip is in full contact

Cab..
The advantage of setting it up on a mockup head is to get in the ball park..
Since there are variable tolerances between heads, once the shaft/rockers are switched to the final head to be mounted and torqued down. A final tweek of a shim may be required to optimize centering the roller to the valve stem and/or to have adequate tolerance between rockers but 95% of the critical work is done..

If a tweek may be required, EZ to pull off the shaft/rockers and adjust as needed. A few times we have had some minor differences between the heads for clearances, after torqueing down the shaft..

Just my $0.05...

Re: Roller rocker spacing? [Re: Sinitro] #1586743
03/05/14 01:10 AM
03/05/14 01:10 AM
Ontario.Canada
C
can.al Offline
pro stock
can.al  Offline
pro stock
C

Ontario.Canada