11/23/08 05:53 PM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
Quote:

I noticed you do not list some of the grill parts individually.

I am not beefing with you but why does nobody sell parts seperate. I need 1 turn signal lens for a 70 Barracuda, I also need 1 turn signal lens for a 74.

I'm Sorry, but I do understand the need, sometimes for individual pcs,.....I get those requests "ocassionialy".......but regarding lenses, wouldn't you want a matching set, in regards to texture, tint, clarity, etc?.....what happens when a "vendor" decides to help you out and breaks up a set, and now it dosen't quite match up to the other, or makes your original pale in comparison,......then your on the phone/net looking for it's "mate"?.....I could understand a fender, or grille pc that gets painted, or plated, etc......but lenses?

I see your point. The lenses were just an example but it can be applied across the board. Chrome trim, weather striping, tape stripe kits, etc. Some items even require paint before install like door hinges and are usually sold only in sets.

Often only one part gets damaged from accidents or ordinary use and needs replacing. In my case I have daily drivers and if they are in an accident like the 74 turn signal lens I am not lookng for perfect matches but a replacement for a part damaged in an accident. I've seen people have to buy an entire set of weatherstripping because one part got damaged while installing it.

There are a lot of us who like to drive them every day if we can. The only reason I don't drive my 70 every day is because if somebody backs into it in a parking lot I can't replace just the damaged parts of the grill. I have to replace the whole grill or search for months to get used replacement parts.

I am not bashing anybodies business model. It apparently works because nobody sells seperate sets but what if that business model is wrong and everyone is blindly following it? I feel if you only cater to one part of the hobby (those who buy complete sets) you are loosing money that could be made from the others in the hobby. Some people buy a part at a time and save them up as they build a car. Others drive them and don't need to spend $1,600 in parts to repair $200 worth of damage.

Maybe I'm wrong but I see a need and nobody is filling it, where is capitalizm when you need it.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153870
11/24/08 01:01 AM
11/24/08 01:01 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

Just don't lecture the rest of us when he comes on here for advise

He didn't ask for advise about how to run his business. He was taking a poll on the demand/interest for 71 grills. Didn't you understand his first post that consisted of those two very simple choices? "YES or "NO" were the responses he asked for.

Quote:

it makes ZERO business sense to throw away perfectly good inventory when it could be marked down and sold.

You definitely should not throw away whatever inventory you have if that is what you choose to do with it. I agree 100% on that point. Just out of curiosity, what business are you involved in that has you considering throwing away the "inventory" that you mentioned?

Since you haven't kept up, I'll tell you that your buddy is the one that me and several others have questioned on why he would throw out/destroy perfectly good grills. He said that, it has been pointed out, and here you are asking me where I saw it at.

Please try and keep up

Your buddy doesn't need our advise according to you, yet he came on here and asked.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153871
11/24/08 01:23 AM
11/24/08 01:23 AM
Gateway to the West.
hemi_harvester Offline
master
hemi_harvester  Offline
master

Gateway to the West.

Well any way for whatever its worth

I'm glad you are making the stuff you are and I hope to hand over a pile of money to you soon..

BTW one more vote for the Sharktooth grill...

There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama & people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good.
Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: hemi_harvester] #153872
11/24/08 10:15 AM
11/24/08 10:15 AM
ILL
M
MLR426 Offline
master
MLR426  Offline
master
M

ILL
Mike,

It was said before and everyone knows that more
70 cudas were built than 71 cudas. I would guess the market would bare half the amount or less of 71 grilles than 70 grilles you have sold. As with all parts that are reproduced everyone notices that original parts show up at swap meets shortly before or after the reproduced part is released for sale. If you were to announce the reproduction 71 cuda grille coming soon we all would notice the influx of original grilles for sale on this board as well as e-bay which would drive the prices down to reality. This also would cut into the reproduction sales..This happened when Premier started making the grille but then quickly stopped because of the poor quality being produced. The same would happen if the 71 shark tooth grille were reproduced. With the market in it's current state of dazed and confused I would lean toward the Shark Tooth grille because of the number of A Bodies the grille would fit. I
too would like to see the 71 built but don't see it as a profittable venture.

logan426

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153873
11/24/08 01:26 PM
11/24/08 01:26 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Your buddy doesn't need our advise according to you, yet he came on here and asked.

Your ability to read between the lines is without equal! I have looked high and low throughout this thread trying to find where he asked for advice (as you keep claiming) on what to do with the 70 grills. I can only find where he “polled” for interest in 71 style grills and asked someone a rhetorical question of what they thought the price should be for a 70 grill. I can’t seem to locate anything where he asked what he should do with left over inventory items. Would you mind humoring my obvious oversight, by referencing the post(s) where he asked advice on what he should do with the 70 grills? Substantiating comments with facts does wonders for someone’s credibility.

**I would hope that Mike Ross is considered a "buddy" to everyone in this hobby. His efforts are beneficial to all who are involved. Thanks Mike!**

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153874
11/24/08 02:31 PM
11/24/08 02:31 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Look, I do my hobby for fun. When he comes on here and asks about what to make, he got replies. Then he states that he is going to destroy his parts.

You chipped in with the "he knows more than anybody" line. Fine, then don't go asking a crowd what to do. Do your own thing.

Then you want to pick at me. Go ahead, you already have proven you don't want to read and understand. You can be brought to the waters edge, but you alone must decide to drink.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: HEMICUDA] #153875
11/24/08 02:33 PM
11/24/08 02:33 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

"The investment is extremely high and I really don't want to be in the same situation we are currently in with the 70 Cuda grille assembly we made."

Mike can you explain this statement further No bad news I hope

I'd buy a 71 grill or two

What's there to explain? The 70 grilles that aren't painted and detailed yet are going to be ground up and used to make other ABS plastic parts.

Since you can't seem to find it, here you go.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: CJK440] #153876
11/24/08 02:34 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

I have a hard time beleiving you can't come out ahead by discounting and offing the molded grilles instead of trying to recoup whatever money is in the regrind.

Here is one of the smart, read between the lines people.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST #153877
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

"I have a hard time beleiving you can't come out ahead by discounting and offing the molded grilles instead of trying to recoup whatever money is in the regrind. "

Yeah no kidding. Sounds like "I'm going to crush this car if it doesn't sell" Epay tactics.

Sheldon

Another

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ScottSmith_Harms] #153878
11/24/08 02:35 PM
11/24/08 02:35 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

I have a hard time beleiving you can't come out ahead by discounting and offing the molded grilles instead of trying to recoup whatever money is in the regrind.

This is spoken like a true plastics man

Because as you (and I) both know, the market price for regrind ABS is about $.50 lb for (clean) regrind flake, and if it's been painted it's useless/worthless.

Mike, make the Shark tooth grille, you'll be able to make a profit, plus they are smaller, simpler, fit several different year cars, (even if not original guys will use them) and are MUCH easier to ship safely.

Yet another.

I could go on but hopefully you will open your eyes this time. Again it is up to you and not anybody else.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153879
11/24/08 03:08 PM
11/24/08 03:08 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Don't back track and try to spin your original point! You said that MIKE ROSS came on here asking for advice. I knew you wouldn't find one post where MIKE ROSS asked for advice! You found a bunch of other people asking questions and interjecting THEIR opinions. That was my original point!!! Using questions and quotes from other people can hardly be used to support your incorrect statement that MIKE ROSS was asking for advice. Remember these:

(YOUR ORIGINAL QUOTES)

"OK, if you and him are so smart put together, why get on here and ask opinions?"

"Just don't lecture the rest of us when he comes on here for advise"

"yet he came on here and asked."

So back to the original point, show one post where Mike asked for anyone's opinion as to what he should do with his 1970 grill inventory.

(You were just kidding trying to use those other people's comments as proof for something Mike said......right?)

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153880
11/24/08 03:22 PM
11/24/08 03:22 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
I'm not going to beat my head against a wall here.

He came, he asked, he got what he wanted. He commented, several of us commented back.

I can tell you aren't a business man.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153881
11/24/08 03:36 PM
11/24/08 03:36 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

I don't blame you. The additional damage could prove to be irreversible.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153882
11/24/08 04:06 PM
11/24/08 04:06 PM
Kirkland, Washington
Pacnorthcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
Pacnorthcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

Kirkland, Washington
Quote:

Quote:

I don't blame you. The additional damage could prove to be irreversible.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: Pacnorthcuda] #153883
11/24/08 08:02 PM
11/24/08 08:02 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
ECS,

Explain to the rest of us why you think that he should destroy those parts?

This should be good.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153884
11/25/08 12:03 AM
11/25/08 12:03 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Explain to the rest of us why you think that he should destroy those parts?

???

You seem to have a problem reading subject matter into things that are not there. Where did I ever say (or think) that Mike should destroy his parts? I live by the motto: Never criticize (second guess) another person until you walk a mile in their shoes. As I plainly stated in an earlier post, “Hey Mike, I am sure you have visited every nook and cranny in an attempt to figure out the direction you need to take in order for this scenario to work out. It is easy to second guess a situation looking from the outside in but I know that when you evaluate all the numbers and consider the facts regarding your product venture, you will come up with a viable solution.”

You might want to follow your own advice and “Please try and keep up”. The words in the posts are quite clear if you would simply stop trying to skew things to promote your opinion.

(Say hello to CMG)

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153885
11/25/08 12:19 AM
11/25/08 12:19 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Offline
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Offline
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

If you can't comment on all the factors, don't go down that road. You'll always get unwarrented opinions.

I don't think that Mike started the thread to talk about the success or demise of the 1970 grills. If you look at this thread it pertains to the 1971 grill and it's possibilities. The comment "don't go down that road" might better be directed to whoever side tracked the topic.

That is where you started in on people that don't agree with you. As he said, Mike took it down that road himself, he knew he would get comments so he should have let that dog lay there. He brought it up, that HAS to be clear at this point.

Since you agree that grinding up perfectly good parts makes no sense, why are you so set on sparing with people that hold that same view?

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153886
11/25/08 12:37 AM
11/25/08 12:37 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Since you agree that grinding up perfectly good parts makes no sense, why are you so set on sparing with people that hold that same view?

Are you referring to this statement that I made:

"You definitely should not throw away whatever inventory you have if that is what you choose to do with it. I agree 100% on that point. Just out of curiosity, what business are you involved in that has you considering throwing away the "inventory" that you mentioned?"

It is sad that I have to explain this but I was referring to you. If YOU had inventory that YOU wanted to throw away, have at it! It would be YOURS to do whatever YOU wish. It was just a bit of sarcastic dialog. Unbelievable.
Enjoy the thread.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153887
11/25/08 02:48 AM
11/25/08 02:48 AM
808CUDA Offline
top fuel
808CUDA  Offline
top fuel

Back to the original question...

MIKE!!! MAKE THE '71 Cuda GRILLE PLEASE!!!!! For the love of GOD...ahemmm....MOPAR!!!

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: 808CUDA] #153888
11/25/08 09:31 AM
11/25/08 09:31 AM
Bethel Ct
A
AdamR Offline
master
AdamR  Offline
master
A

Bethel Ct
The Duster Sharktooth grill will fit 70-72 Dusters, Scamps and Valiants. I bet you sell more of them then Cuda grills.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7