Virginia
L
larry4406 Offline
mopar
larry4406  Offline
mopar
L

Virginia
My original 71 grille is warped. If i can't straighten it, then I will be needing one. I also need pieces of the perimeter chrome - have heard they are repo'd but have not seen them.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: larry4406] #153850
11/22/08 02:39 PM
11/22/08 02:39 PM
Medina, Ohio
HEMICUDA Offline OP
top fuel
HEMICUDA  Offline OP
top fuel

Medina, Ohio
Quote:

My original 71 grille is warped. If i can't straighten it, then I will be needing one. I also need pieces of the perimeter chrome - have heard they are repo'd but have not seen them.

All the 71 cuda grille trim is finished.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153851
11/22/08 03:01 PM
11/22/08 03:01 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

Because the public isn’t informed on all the information as it pertains to this specific part, it sounds like people are developing unwarranted opinions without having all the facts.

Best sentence in the entire thread!

There's two guys with something in common...

Thing is, at first it sounded like the repro cuda grille project was a bust because no one was buying them. Then you made an off handed comment about grinding them up that I think got taken too literal (typical with the internet).

But then you said the 70 grille project success was more complex than just raw sales. The business to business issues are very understandably private. If you can't comment on all the factors, don't go down that road. You'll always get unwarrented opinions.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: autoxcuda] #153852
11/22/08 03:33 PM
11/22/08 03:33 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

If you can't comment on all the factors, don't go down that road. You'll always get unwarrented opinions.

I don't think that Mike started the thread to talk about the success or demise of the 1970 grills. If you look at this thread it pertains to the 1971 grill and it's possibilities. The comment "don't go down that road" might better be directed to whoever side tracked the topic.

**"71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST

Since the resin grille made be Premier Plastic is no longer available, I am wondering if the market would bare the $799 it would take to get a grey ABS plastic one like the original.

The investment is extremely high and I really don't want to be in the same situation we are currently in with the 70 Cuda grille assembly we made.

I'm not sold on the project and wanted to see if the interest is there for a correctly made piece that won't warp and melt like a resin piece.

Michael C. Ross - Owner
B/E & A Restoration Parts, Inc.
www.beaparts.com
330-725-3990"**

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153853
11/22/08 03:40 PM
11/22/08 03:40 PM
Las Vegas, NV
6bblgt Offline
I Live Here
6bblgt  Offline
I Live Here

Las Vegas, NV
I think Mike side tracked his own post by bringing up "the same situation we are currently in with the 70 Cuda grille assembly".
It leads to the question ... What situation? Now we know for better or worse.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: 6bblgt] #153854
11/22/08 03:48 PM
11/22/08 03:48 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
I know....I know....it's always more interesting to watch a train crash and burn than it is to simply watch it roll effortlessly down the track.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: 6bblgt] #153855
11/22/08 04:34 PM
11/22/08 04:34 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

I think Mike side tracked his own post by bringing up "the same situation we are currently in with the 70 Cuda grille assembly".
It leads to the question ... What situation? Now we know for better or worse.

Yep. And considering to scrap a different product that the public feels positive toward side tracks things also.

Quote:

I know....I know....it's always more interesting to watch a train crash and burn than it is to simply watch it roll effortlessly down the track.

If you're driving that train and dangers ahead (asking the public for an opinion) don't keep throwing coal on the fire.

Just keep it to bare numbers, comparasions, simple and objective. Maybe something like...

-Do you think the market will buy (1)more, (2)less, or (3) the same 71 Cuda grilles priced at $799 compared to 70 grilles?
-And reasons to back up your choice?

-Who is considering buying a 71 Cuda grille for $799 in the same quality as the BEA 70 grilles within the NEXT YEAR? And why?

-Who is considering buying a 71 Cuda grille some point in the future? And why?

I assume Mike has actual data on units of 70 Cuda grilles sold. That's actual data. We the public have no idea of the units allready sold. But I think we can comment on realative demand of a similar product at a given price.

Let's give Mike the best information we can. It's only in our best interests (except for someone sitting on a bunch of used and NOS 71 Cuda grilles).

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: autoxcuda] #153856
11/22/08 05:36 PM
11/22/08 05:36 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Yep. And considering to scrap a different product that the public feels positive toward side tracks thing also.If you're driving that train and dangers ahead (asking the public for an opinion) don't keep throwing coal on the fire.

Just keep it to bare numbers, comparasions, simple and objective.

All of the speculation in the world can never overturn the reality of a completed outcome. I speak to Mike on a daily basis and we compare stories regarding the development and marketability of many new products. Plain and simple, Mike is the ONLY person qualified top give a factual synopsis concerning his product lines and what he has encountered while developing them. It is insulting to bombard him with hypotheticals that he has probably deliberated and thought about in his sleep. The topic was never about the pitfalls of the 70 grill. He originally asked about the demand for 1971 grills. Marketing research 101! If the market was so promising for the 70 items, common sense would tell us that he wouldn’t be considering destroying them. I hope Mike is able to accumulate the data he originally sought out concerning the demand for 1971 grills. I doubt that rehashing the pain that was involved with the 70 grills has much of an impact on whether there is a viable market for 1971 Cuda or Duster grills. It is a tough thing trying to determine the "actual" demand for a product in the restoration market. When ideas are initially presented as a plan or concept, everyone is enthusiastic and says, “I’ll take one !” When the time, effort and money is spent to bring these products to market, it is funny how the "actual" purchases never parallel with the commitments that were originally expressed. That is the manufacturers reality and risk!

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153857
11/22/08 06:32 PM
11/22/08 06:32 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

Yep. And considering to scrap a different product that the public feels positive toward side tracks thing also.If you're driving that train and dangers ahead (asking the public for an opinion) don't keep throwing coal on the fire.

All of the speculation in the world can never overturn the reality of a completed outcome. I speak to Mike on a daily basis and we compare stories regarding the development and marketability of many new products. Plain and simple, Mike is the ONLY person qualified top give a factual synopsis concerning his product lines and what he has encountered while developing them. It is insulting to bombard him with hypotheticals that he has probably deliberated and thought about in his sleep. The topic was never about the pitfalls of the 70 grill. He originally asked about the demand for 1971 grills. Marketing research 101! If the market was so promising for the 70 items, common sense would tell us that he wouldn’t be considering destroying them. I hope Mike is able to accumulate the data he originally sought out concerning the demand for 1971 grills. I doubt that rehashing the pain that was involved with the 70 grills has much of an impact on whether there is a viable market for 1971 Cuda or Duster grills. It is a tough thing trying to determine the "actual" demand for a product in the restoration market. When ideas are initially presented as a plan or concept, everyone is enthusiastic and says, “I’ll take one !” When the time, effort and money is spent to bring these products to market, it is funny how the "actual" purchases never parallel with the commitments that were originally expressed. That is the manufacturers reality and risk!

Did I say something to bombard him with hypotheticals? Am I speculating? Quite the opposite was my intention.

I asked to keep the questions simple with some qualifications to find and understand real potentional buyers. And the company asking the question needs to stay focused and not bring up other subjects. Marketing Research 101.

I think the original question was a little too open ended and doesn't sort out real buyers. Would you agree?

IMHO, there's a big difference between, "I like to have a spare grille" and "My grille is in a 1000 pieces and my car is in the paint booth" Would you agree?

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: autoxcuda] #153858
11/22/08 07:26 PM
11/22/08 07:26 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

And the company asking the question needs to stay focused and not bring up other subjects.

Who are you directing that statement to? Mike Ross? Go back and review the facts/posts. He didn't stray from his subject. He was simply kind enough to respond to a member who deviated from the original subject at hand. I just got off the phone with Mike a few minuets ago. He didn't seem to feel my comment was unjustified. He even thanked me for the observation.
This is his post, his product and his opinion with regards to this subject matter. I simply choose to let him think and talk for himself.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153859
11/22/08 07:38 PM
11/22/08 07:38 PM
new berlin wisconsin
M
Mr T2U Offline
master
Mr T2U  Offline
master
M

new berlin wisconsin
back to the subject of the original post.

i have 5 broken 71 grilles, don't pm me because they aren't for sale. if i could purchase a quality 71 grille for around $800 i would be interested in one. it may take some time to raise the cash but i would buy one.

perception is 90% of reality
Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153860
11/22/08 08:50 PM
11/22/08 08:50 PM
So Cal
autoxcuda Offline
Too Many Posts
autoxcuda  Offline
Too Many Posts

So Cal
Quote:

Quote:

And the company asking the question needs to stay focused and not bring up other subjects.

Who are you directing that statement to? Mike Ross? Go back and review the facts/posts. He didn't stray from his subject. He was simply kind enough to respond to a member who deviated from the original subject at hand. I just got off the phone with Mike a few minuets ago. He didn't seem to feel my comment was unjustified. He even thanked me for the observation.
This is his post, his product and his opinion with regards to this subject matter. I simply choose to let him think and talk for himself.

I have agreed with you it got off topic. But I just disagee that the replied posters are all 100% to blame for that.

Look at what 6bblgt wrote above. I'm not the only one that noticed it. The very first post mentioned a "situation" that was not relevent to checking market interest of a 71 Cuda grill. And Mike 1st mentioned scrapping another product (not 71 Cuda grill). Those ARE facts.

Lesson learned: A poster has to use a little insight and know that certain comments are going to get off topic replies. You gotta think ahead a little. There are lot of valuable/informative posts/topics on Web Boards that loose their steam that could be obviously avoided.

What's done is done. I have no ill will over this I'm nit picking the details over something I see in this thread and many others. This is just getting dramatic for no reason.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: autoxcuda] #153861
11/22/08 09:23 PM
11/22/08 09:23 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
I understand your point Steve and didn't intend for things to come across in a negative reference. I still owe you a couple of pictures in another thread on the details concerning the rear package trays on the A body cars. (Sorry I didn't have them sooner.) I will post those for you sometime early next week. Thanks!!

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153862
11/23/08 02:46 AM
11/23/08 02:46 AM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Online content
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Online Content
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

OK, if you and him are so smart put together, why get on here and ask opinions? Just put your two heads together and tell us what we need or what we need to know.

Have either of you two considered the volume of 71 cars built versus 70?

Of course the rest of us are just playing catch up so we likely wouldn't have covered that base

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153863
11/23/08 03:09 AM
11/23/08 03:09 AM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

OK, if you and him are so smart put together, why get on here and ask opinions?

Woe...time out friend. I know I am not "so smart" which is why I have offered absolutely no opinion on the subject whatsoever. You must have me confused with someone else's post that you read somewhere within this thread. Since I don't have a “need” or a "clue" concerning the market for a 71 grill, I didn't even place a vote on the matter. I thought that Mike was simply asking about the possible interest/demand for the 71 grills, not opinions on how to run his business. Maybe I am confused about the subject heading for this thread.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: HEMICUDA] #153864
11/23/08 03:37 AM
11/23/08 03:37 AM
Looking for a way out of Middl...
IMGTX Offline
I Live Here
IMGTX  Offline
I Live Here

Looking for a way out of Middl...
I went through the parts you have inventoried on your web site and was impressed. There are a lot of detailed and dificult to repo parts.

I noticed you do not list some of the grill parts individually.

I am not beefing with you but why does nobody sell parts seperate. I need 1 turn signal lens for a 70 Barracuda, I also need 1 turn signal lens for a 74. Rather than buy 2 pair of lenses and leave the extra ones on the shelf I find myself looking for Ebay fodder or luck out at a swap meet instead. I'm not picking on you because everyone seems to sell pairs of items like that instead of individually but many of us don't need both parts of the pair, just one.

Besides when it comes to a complete high dollar grill I feel like I could better afford buying a piece at a time rather than all at once. I know it isn't the business plan that would save a dying company but it has to help sales somewhat.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: HEMICUDA] #153865
11/23/08 12:03 PM
11/23/08 12:03 PM
usa,pa
J
jkwedge540 Offline
enthusiast
jkwedge540  Offline
enthusiast
J

usa,pa
Is anyone making a 69 charger grill or have plans to do one.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: ECS] #153866
11/23/08 01:43 PM
11/23/08 01:43 PM
Someplace you aren't
S
SomeCarGuy Online content
I Live Here
SomeCarGuy  Online Content
I Live Here
S

Someplace you aren't
Quote:

Quote:

OK, if you and him are so smart put together, why get on here and ask opinions?

Woe...time out friend. I know I am not "so smart" which is why I have offered absolutely no opinion on the subject whatsoever. You must have me confused with someone else's post that you read somewhere within this thread. Since I don't have a “need” or a "clue" concerning the market for a 71 grill, I didn't even place a vote on the matter. I thought that Mike was simply asking about the possible interest/demand for the 71 grills, not opinions on how to run his business. Maybe I am confused about the subject heading for this thread.

"Plain and simple, Mike is the ONLY person qualified top give a factual synopsis concerning his product lines and what he has encountered while developing them."

"I just got off the ohone with Mike...he agreed with my comments"

Don't back away now. You are sticking up for your buddy, I get that. Just don't lecture the rest of us when he comes on here for advise, then complains when it isn't what he thought it should be.

And for the millionth time in this thread- it makes ZERO business sense to throw away perfectly good inventory when it could be marked down and sold.
Especially since he wants to make a similar product to replace it on the shelf.

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: SomeCarGuy] #153867
11/23/08 02:03 PM
11/23/08 02:03 PM
USA
E
ECS Offline
David Walden
ECS  Offline
David Walden
E

USA
Quote:

Just don't lecture the rest of us when he comes on here for advise

He didn't ask for advise about how to run his business. He was taking a poll on the demand/interest for 71 grills. Didn't you understand his first post that consisted of those two very simple choices? "YES or "NO" were the responses he asked for.

Quote:

it makes ZERO business sense to throw away perfectly good inventory when it could be marked down and sold.

You definitely should not throw away whatever inventory you have if that is what you choose to do with it. I agree 100% on that point. Just out of curiosity, what business are you involved in that has you considering throwing away the "inventory" that you mentioned?

Re: 71 Cuda grille CHECKING MARKET INTEREST [Re: IMGTX] #153868
11/23/08 03:53 PM
11/23/08 03:53 PM
Mass
DAYCLONA Offline
I Live Here
DAYCLONA  Offline
I Live Here

Mass

I noticed you do not list some of the grill parts individually.

I am not beefing with you but why does nobody sell parts seperate. I need 1 turn signal lens for a 70 Barracuda, I also need 1 turn signal lens for a 74.

I'm Sorry, but I do understand the need, sometimes for individual pcs,.....I get those requests "ocassionialy".......but regarding lenses, wouldn't you want a matching set, in regards to texture, tint, clarity, etc?.....what happens when a "vendor" decides to help you out and breaks up a set, and now it dosen't quite match up to the other, or makes your original pale in comparison,......then your on the phone/net looking for it's "mate"?.....I could understand a fender, or grille pc that gets painted, or plated, etc......but lenses?

4833768-0000a.jpg (58 downloads)
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7