Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
I think this won't go away. Not even if he refunds everyone as well it shouldn't
What other scam has he done that has not come to light like this?
I'm not into the 66-7 Charger but I bet in the last eight years I've met or know who posesses a medalion to copy.

10-12 years ago I sent a guy some money on a repro dashpad & rear side panels for the interior for my Challenger that I restored
I sent him one good panel for a mold & when he couldn't complete the deal he contacted me & gave me all my cash back plus $200 for my time & trouble as well as my good panel back
That is good business

John being a sponsor here as well a member should have already addressed this problem if he were actually on the up & up
We know some members here will defend another who done this same type of thing to the tune of $50 per person just like they are defending US Car tool's actions ( that person had claims going back to the 90's)

The OP came here for support & was basically called a liar
My feeling is he came for help & to alert us of the situation & the actions regarding such
It is also my feeling that if the OP was lying there would be post disputing such from the one being accused & a bunch of his followers would jump in on the whooping.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525274
11/01/13 07:56 PM
11/01/13 07:56 PM
N.E. Ohio
K
KillerBee Offline
master
KillerBee  Offline
master
K

N.E. Ohio
rrbrucea

How interesting you deleted all your posts

That's BS that when the OP originally posted here you were one of the first to jump all over him calling his honesty into question.

You continued with all the comments about all your good dealings with US Tools and how honest they are but you conveniently left out the fact that you have a business relationship with them.
Once that little fact came to light it was obvious what your motivation was.

I'm SURE you were treated with white gloves when your buddy John worked on your cars.

Might be a different story when the customer sends money from a distance hoping he was dealing with an honest buisness....

As the post went on you continued to post false statements.
Kudos to Mr. Mcandless for stating the facts about his employment with US Tool and your working relationship with them.

You were right in stating in your final deleted post that you should not have commented on this post.

Personally I think before you erase your tracks and head back to your corner you need to man up and give the OP an apology..... YOU WERE WRONG and to be honest you did a great deal of damage to John and US Tool's reputation.

I purchased a driveshaft loop from John for my Challenger a number of years ago and I think it's a quality part that fits great.....I actually need a couple more but I'm not sure if I'm gonna give him my business again or not.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: KillerBee] #1525275
11/01/13 08:46 PM
11/01/13 08:46 PM
Torrance, Ca
F
Fig Offline
Fig  Offline
F

Torrance, Ca
I just got the ok from the war department to spend some money, I did a search to see who has a good leaf spring relocation kit. U.S. Car Tool has some great looking stuff.

I don't need the headaches dealing with a possible scamming problem. Now, I have to find another vendor. Anyone suggestions?

1937 Plymouth R/S Coupe
440/727
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: KillerBee] #1525276
11/01/13 09:09 PM
11/01/13 09:09 PM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
Quote:

rrbrucea

That's BS that when the OP originally posted here you were one of the first to jump all over him calling his honesty into question.

You continued with all the comments about all your good dealings with US Tools and how honest they are but you conveniently left out the fact that you have a business relationship with them.

I'm SURE you were treated with white gloves when your buddy John worked on your cars.

Might be a different story when the customer sends money from a distance hoping he was dealing with an honest buisness....

Kudos to Mr. Mcandless for stating the facts about his employment with US Tool and your working relationship with them.

You were right in stating in your final deleted post that you should not have commented on this post.

Personally I think before you erase your tracks and head back to your corner you need to man up and give the OP an apology..... YOU WERE WRONG and to be honest you did a great deal of damage to John and US Tool's reputation.

Don't hold your breath for the apology although it is due

Wait till this spreads to the other sites!

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: Fig] #1525277
11/01/13 09:10 PM
11/01/13 09:10 PM
San Jose,CA
migsBIG Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source
migsBIG  Offline
YouTube is my go-to news source

San Jose,CA
Depends on what application your doing. Cass aka Dr Diff has a few nice ones. I have one, nice quality, need a few more items before I install it on my car.

In the new products sections, US Car Tool had an add for bolt in subframe connectors, and they went and deleted all their postings?

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: migsBIG] #1525278
11/01/13 09:24 PM
11/01/13 09:24 PM
Greenville Pa.
rdagw Offline
enthusiast
rdagw  Offline
enthusiast

Greenville Pa.
Quote:

Depends on what application your doing. Cass aka Dr Diff has a few nice ones. I have one, nice quality, need a few more items before I install it on my car.

In the new products sections, US Car Tool had an add for bolt in subframe connectors, and they went and deleted all their postings?

Best thing they could of done.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525279
11/01/13 09:29 PM
11/01/13 09:29 PM
N.E. Ohio
K
KillerBee Offline
master
KillerBee  Offline
master
K

N.E. Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

rrbrucea

Don't hold your breath for the apology although it is due

Wait till this spreads to the other sites!

Ya I doubt the apology will happen but I'm sure John is working on those 50 or so refunds....I heard he hired a new employee with refund experience.

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: mitchell] #1525280
11/01/13 09:45 PM
11/01/13 09:45 PM
MI
R
Rebellion Offline
Rebellion  Offline
R

MI
Hi folks,

I used to post here occasionally (years ago), but since it was rare, let my membership lapse. I registered tonight to address this thread.

I too, paid John for the decklid medallion, at the 2005 Mopar Nationals. In the ensuing years I tried a couple of times to see where he was at with this project or receive a refund. I've never even received the courtesy of a reply.

I'll grant you that waiting this out for so long has been a mistake, but my experience with his rotisserie project taught me that things don't necessarily move quickly there, and this is a more involved project.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here...just stating the facts.

For the record, I like John. I'm not attempting to sully his reputation.

If someone wishes to contact me, that's fine.

Tom

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: migsBIG] #1525281
11/01/13 09:48 PM
11/01/13 09:48 PM
Torrance, Ca
F
Fig Offline
Fig  Offline
F

Torrance, Ca
Quote:

Thanks, I'll get ahold of the good Doctor!

1937 Plymouth R/S Coupe
440/727
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: Fig] #1525282
11/01/13 09:54 PM
11/01/13 09:54 PM
Baltimore/Denver
64Post Offline
master
64Post  Offline
master

Baltimore/Denver
Quote:

I just got the ok from the war department to spend some money, I did a search to see who has a good leaf spring relocation kit. U.S. Car Tool has some great looking stuff.

I don't need the headaches dealing with a possible scamming problem. Now, I have to find another vendor. Anyone suggestions?

Another vote for Cass/Dr.Diff… Great rep and solid, timely service

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: KillerBee] #1525283
11/01/13 09:58 PM
11/01/13 09:58 PM
new jersey
M
mitchell Offline OP
mitchell  Offline OP
M

new jersey
I found these names people posted with, when they were complaining to John about this matter.

Ken Westerlund
Steve dodgeman_69
Charles Petry
Terry H
Terrin Hoover
Roland Kruijer
Ken Melhorn
Sarge
Ward in NJ ( as called out by John)
Jim Rose (posted that John gave him his money back)

Maybe some of you might remember seeing these name and can let them know about this. I am going to start searching other forums and see if any come up.

For all I know they may have already gotten there money back?

Thanks,
Jim

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: screamindriver] #1525284
11/01/13 09:59 PM
11/01/13 09:59 PM
missouri, USA
moparmojo Offline
master
moparmojo  Offline
master

missouri, USA
I don't have a horse in this race so I don't know who is in the right and who isn't, as we only have half the story. On the one hand the poster said he asked for his money back, on the other it appears US Car Tool may have offered people their money back in an email that was posted...from 2009? So who knows. But I can comment on the BBB as I deal with them on a daily basis. First, the BBB does not decide who is right or who is wrong. They simply want to verify that both parties are working to resolve an issue. When a complaint comes in they will notify the business and ask that they respond in a certain timeframe, usually 10 days. Most responsible businesses will respond in that timeframe with a review or resolution to the issue. My company responds directly to the complainant to avoid reliving the issue public ally, however some businesses choose to post directly to th BBB website. However I think that is a bit unprofessional, however the BBB doesn't care which path you take as long as you are trying to fairly work with the complainant. Some complaints results in the persons favor and some times it doesnt. What I can tell you is that we have a AAA rating and going to the BBB or other agency does not sway our position. So in response to the original issue it is concerning that the BBB failed to receive a response from the company. Therefore they gave an F rating. At the very least the BBB expected a response even if it was not favorable.

Last edited by moparmojo; 11/01/13 10:04 PM.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #1525285
11/01/13 11:00 PM
11/01/13 11:00 PM
Jacksonville Florida
elitecustombody Offline
pro stock
elitecustombody  Offline
pro stock

Jacksonville Florida
Bought SFC and torque boxes from U.S. Car Tool. Great service ,fast shipping,nice quality parts

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: BulletBob] #1525286
11/01/13 11:30 PM
11/01/13 11:30 PM
Bitopia
J
jcc Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
jcc  Offline
If you can't dazzle em with diamonds..
J

Bitopia
"The OP came here for support & was basically called a liar"
IMO its comments like the above that make this a feeding frenzy, unfortunately I can't review/refer to all the recently deleted replies, but i pretty sure NO ONE called anybody a liar, implications don't count as they are very subjective. That is a pretty serious accusation to be tossing around without some solid proof. Some seem to take stock in we have only heard one side, others don't seem to care, and EVERYBODY agrees the money should be returned, but everybody is divided so far on whether there should a stake burning or a lynching. And anybody who thinks I am a fan of US Tools is totally clueless.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: jcc] #1525287
11/01/13 11:47 PM
11/01/13 11:47 PM
up yours
Supercuda Offline
About to go away
Supercuda  Offline
About to go away

up yours
I don't think anyone claimed lies, more like healthy skepticism, initially. First post on the site was the start of this thread.

Since that first post things have come to light that are very interesting.

They say there are no such thing as a stupid question.
They say there is always the exception that proves the rule.
Don't be the exception.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: Supercuda] #1525288
11/02/13 03:43 AM
11/02/13 03:43 AM
NC
H
HMcCandless_Jr Offline
mopar
HMcCandless_Jr  Offline
mopar
H

NC
I wish everyone would do the right thing and let this go away, this is no good for anyone. BUT I know the original posters next step all I have to say is get the popcorn. John or Chris mail this guy a check and admit you made a mistake. And Chris and John were made aware of this thread the minute it went up by another poster.

Last edited by HMcCandless_Jr; 11/02/13 03:45 AM.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: HMcCandless_Jr] #1525289
11/02/13 07:33 AM
11/02/13 07:33 AM
Oakdale CT
gdonovan Offline
I Live Here
gdonovan  Offline
I Live Here

Oakdale CT
Quote:

I wish everyone would do the right thing and let this go away, this is no good for anyone. BUT I know the original posters next step all I have to say is get the popcorn. John or Chris mail this guy a check and admit you made a mistake. And Chris and John were made aware of this thread the minute it went up by another poster.

People make mistakes, it is in our nature. What separates the good from the bad is how they are cleaned up.

I suspect there are a number of people who are not going to do business with U.S. Car Tool in the future based on this incident and the lack of follow through. To take the money and not make good on a promise and then ignore it is bad mojo.

"I think its got a hemi"
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: jcc] #1525290
11/02/13 11:09 AM
11/02/13 11:09 AM
Back home in PA
B
BulletBob Offline
master
BulletBob  Offline
master
B

Back home in PA
Quote:

"The OP came here for support & was basically called a liar"
IMO its comments like the above that make this a feeding frenzy, unfortunately I can't review/refer to all the recently deleted replies, but i pretty sure NO ONE called anybody a liar, implications don't count as they are very subjective. That is a pretty serious accusation to be tossing around without some solid proof. Some seem to take stock in we have only heard one side, others don't seem to care, and EVERYBODY agrees the money should be returned, but everybody is divided so far on whether there should a stake burning or a lynching. And anybody who thinks I am a fan of US Tools is totally clueless.

When the OP had his credibility attacked over his claim with the remarks & insinuations that were made to him then basically he was called a liar
I don't how well you understand the english language but words have meanings comprised of other words.
Now when you group enough statements together they form a meaning also
This is called IMPLICATION
Now do you understand the statement "basically called a liar"?

Hell, most thought this was over $50
That's how much people read into this
Apparently you didn't read it that well either

Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: gdonovan] #1525291
11/02/13 11:33 AM
11/02/13 11:33 AM
SE PA.
Q
QuickBpBp Offline
master
QuickBpBp  Offline
master
Q

SE PA.
Wow I can't believe people are taking the scammers side. I feel sorry for the OP sure 8 years is along time but last I checked there is no statue of limitations on fraud. I guess everyone that could use an extra $13k or so this is excellent respectable way to do so with-in the mopar community....After all it was ONLY 50 people. I have read worse for 2 people getting ripped off. John has obviously read this post and choses to ignore the fact he needs to make this right to everyone who fronted him money. So I would say it's fair for those who do not have their head up his azz to ignore his products/services until things are made right.

Last edited by QuickBpBp; 11/02/13 11:35 AM.
Re: U.S. Car Tool " Scam" [Re: QuickBpBp] #1525292
11/02/13 12:10 PM
11/02/13 12:10 PM
Greenville Pa.
rdagw Offline
enthusiast
rdagw  Offline
enthusiast

Greenville Pa.
One more bad thing is he advertizes here. What will this do to Moparts reputation,letting bad sponsors in? I think he needs to come on in here and explain this problem. Just my take on this.

Page 5 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 16 17