10/19/13 01:37 PM
10/19/13 01:37 PM
Ca
M
MikeT Offline OP
MikeT  Offline OP
M

Ca
Looking for anyone thoughts on the way I plan on wiring a new fuel pump. Mostly not sure of the starter relay wiring. See diagram.

Re: New fuel pump wiring 1975 Trailduster [Re: MikeT] #1519969
10/19/13 03:13 PM
10/19/13 03:13 PM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
I would run the large positive batt cable to the large lug on the starter and to the large batt terminal on the starter relay (or from battery to relay then T down to the starter) & feed the ign sw from the large "batt" terminal on the starter relay with or without a fusible link as desired & connect from the "st" terminal on the ign sw to the "ign" terminal on the starter relay & the brown wire from the "sol" terminal on the starter relay down to the small solenoid terminal on the starter & permanently ground the "grn" terminal on the starter relay or go to a NSS if desired (all of it like it's done OE) then the power for the relay from the alt (my preference) or from the large batt stud on the starter relay. I ain't quite sure of the pressure safety switch wiring but what I am thinking (so far) is to run a wire from the "sol" terminal on the starter relay to the normally closed terminal on the relay so the pump would be getting fire while you are cranking & as you have it the ign1 (run) blue wire from the ign sw to the normally open terminal so it closes when running & the pressure is up & it goes open & stops the pump when the oil pressure drops too far. I would add a momentary contact switch from the power source to the 86 terminal on the relay so you could prime the carbs before you even touch the ign switch. EDIT I'm lost on how the MSD/coil would get fire in "run" and in "crank". Is the lower terminal on the ign sw run or crank. MORE EDIT "crank" I am assuming. If the ign sw has an "ign2" terminal (it should) you'd run that to the MSD which'd take care of that issue

Last edited by RapidRobert; 10/19/13 07:48 PM.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth