08/25/13 10:23 PM
08/25/13 10:23 PM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline OP
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline OP
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
I finally installed the headliner in my 72 Duster, I was given a few trim pieces with the car but I'm missing alot and need to know where the best place to get this stuff is, and maybe some installation tips.

I installed the plastic a-pillars, the large metal B-pillars, and the metal pieces that clips in and connects these pillars together so I'm all set there.

I don't have any of the interior trim pieces that go around the front or rear windshields. Who sells these and how are they held in place?

What kind of clips do I need to install the front and rear windshields? Is there anything else I need to buy?

I'm missing all the chrome exterior trim that goes around the rear windshield. Where do I buy these?

I have all 3 chrome exterior trim pieces that go around the front windshield, the only thing I'm missing is the 2 small bottom corner pieces which are only a few inches long each, and curved for the corner of course.

1970 Challenger, all aluminum 528 Hemi, HDK suspension, Tremec 5 speed manual
Re: Need help with 72 Duster int/ext, fr/rear window trim [Re: ProSport] #1490767
08/26/13 12:51 AM
08/26/13 12:51 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Quote:

I finally installed the headliner in my 72 Duster, I was given a few trim pieces with the car but I'm missing alot and need to know where the best place to get this stuff is, and maybe some installation tips.

I installed the plastic a-pillars, the large metal B-pillars, and the metal pieces that clips in and connects these pillars together so I'm all set there.

I don't have any of the interior trim pieces that go around the front or rear windshields. Who sells these and how are they held in place?

What kind of clips do I need to install the front and rear windshields? Is there anything else I need to buy?

I'm missing all the chrome exterior trim that goes around the rear windshield. Where do I buy these?

I have all 3 chrome exterior trim pieces that go around the front windshield, the only thing I'm missing is the 2 small bottom corner pieces which are only a few inches long each, and curved for the corner of course.

Regarding the exterior trim, AMD is reproducing some of that stuff. Not sure if they are making it for Dusters yet. Otherwise, your interior stuff is NOT being repopped. Your only shot is finding a parts car.

Re: Need help with 72 Duster int/ext, fr/rear window trim [Re: Kern Dog] #1490768
08/26/13 11:11 AM
08/26/13 11:11 AM
Akron, Ohio
ProSport Offline OP
I Live Here
ProSport  Offline OP
I Live Here

Akron, Ohio
Ok thanks. Any interior photos would help me also.
One spot in particular is right above the plastic a-pillars where it meets the headliner.