STL ,MO
H
Handygun Offline
enthusiast
Handygun  Offline
enthusiast
H

STL ,MO
There is a old rumour about Dodge and IH having an agreement about Dodge stepping out of the big truck market and IH getting out of the light duty as there are only so many hands in a deck of cards. My understanding was Dodge didn't want to upgrade thier trucks to meet NHTSA standards and the C cabs were very old trucks when they stopped making them. Thier were a couple of big gas V-8's that were IH motors availible in the last few years of C cab production to compete against the super duty ford gas v-8's and the big GMC v-6's and any of the other hot running,gas gulping,misfiring, pos gas truck motors of the era. But I never heard of IH frames in light duty trucks.Nor have I ever saw any markings that would warrent this.

Re: International Made RC frames? LOL [Re: Handygun] #1455885
06/24/13 12:05 AM
06/24/13 12:05 AM
UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
N
NITROUSN Offline
I Live Here
NITROUSN  Offline
I Live Here
N

UPPER MICHIGAN, MARQUETTE COUN...
Quote:

There is a old rumour about Dodge and IH having an agreement about Dodge stepping out of the big truck market and IH getting out of the light duty as there are only so many hands in a deck of cards. My understanding was Dodge didn't want to upgrade thier trucks to meet NHTSA standards and the C cabs were very old trucks when they stopped making them. Thier were a couple of big gas V-8's that were IH motors availible in the last few years of C cab production to compete against the super duty ford gas v-8's and the big GMC v-6's and any of the other hot running,gas gulping,misfiring, pos gas truck motors of the era. But I never heard of IH frames in light duty trucks.Nor have I ever saw any markings that would warrent this.

Dodge had to step out of the big truck sales. The big truck market was hard to compete in and Doge only had a small part in the big truck market. With that being said they were also in a down slide of Financial ruin and bankruptcy was a big concern. So that ended the big truck market.

There were only several companies that stamped out frames. International may of been a share holder but they did not directly make frames as far as I know.

Page 2 of 2 1 2