11/02/08 07:31 PM
11/02/08 07:31 PM
Newberry Springs, CA
69Mannix Offline OP
pro stock
69Mannix  Offline OP
pro stock

Newberry Springs, CA
This radio is about a 1993 infinity cd player, can anyone give me the plug wire layout? Has 2 plugs, one grey and other black. Any scematics? Thanks

Re: Putting newer radio in earlier truck Wiring?? [Re: 69Mannix] #144885
11/02/08 09:19 PM
11/02/08 09:19 PM
Harrisburg, Pa.
screamindriver Offline
master
screamindriver  Offline
master

Harrisburg, Pa.
The easy way out would be to go to a local stereo shop or a place like Bestbuy,Crutchfield etc... and have them get you the adapter wiring kit{10-20 bucks}...It'll have the connectors that will plug into the unit and the color coded wires as well as a wiring diagram showing what needs to be done... Here's a link to the crutchfield site.... link

Re: Putting newer radio in earlier truck Wiring?? [Re: screamindriver] #144886
11/06/08 11:44 PM
11/06/08 11:44 PM
ILLINOIS
V
volaredon Offline
top fuel
volaredon  Offline
top fuel
V

ILLINOIS
Quote:

The easy way out would be to go to a local stereo shop or a place like Bestbuy,Crutchfield etc... and have them get you the adapter wiring kit{10-20 bucks}...It'll have the connectors that will plug into the unit and the color coded wires as well as a wiring diagram showing what needs to be done... Here's a link to the crutchfield site.... link

Close but not quite; that will be a female plug designed to plug an aftermarket radio into a factory harness; what he'll need is to go to a junk yard and cut the 2 plugs off the wiring harness designed to plug into a factory radio; about any Mopar late 80s til about Y2K will have these--if someone didn't remove the radio and cut the plugs alrady--- and make a new harness yourself starting with those plugs; a soldering iron+heat shrink tube are your friends here with a factory service manual; there are different color wires used over the years they used that style plug but usually the FSM will give a diagram that shows which pin has key on power, power all the time (memory/clock), dash lighting circuit, speaker position and polarity; the positions of each of these feeds in the plugs, are the same over the years even with changing wire colors over those years. DON't jury rig the splices; you'll have intermittent open circuits where things will work, cut out upon hitting bumps, come back next RR track, etc. No twist/tape, Scotchloks (those are the WORST) butt-crimp connectors; solder and tape, or use heat shrink tubing.

Re: Putting newer radio in earlier truck Wiring?? [Re: 69Mannix] #144887
11/07/08 08:23 PM
11/07/08 08:23 PM
Ontario, Canada
78D150CLUB Offline
My avatar is a self portrait!!
78D150CLUB  Offline
My avatar is a self portrait!!

Ontario, Canada
I used this pinout to put an Infinity into my 78 truck.

http://members.fortunecity.com/moparminivanhw/chrysler_car_stereo_pinout.html

I want to die like my Grampa, peacefully, in his sleep. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.
Re: Putting newer radio in earlier truck Wiring?? [Re: volaredon] #144888
11/07/08 10:35 PM
11/07/08 10:35 PM
Harrisburg, Pa.
screamindriver Offline
master
screamindriver  Offline
master

Harrisburg, Pa.
Quote:

Quote:

Close but not quite; that will be a female plug designed to plug an aftermarket radio into a factory harness; what he'll need is to go to a junk yard and cut the 2 plugs off the wiring harness designed to plug into a factory radio; about any Mopar late 80s til about Y2K will have these--if someone didn't remove the radio and cut the plugs alrady--- and make a new harness yourself starting with those plugs; a soldering iron+heat shrink tube are your friends here with a factory service manual; there are different color wires used over the years they used that style plug but usually the FSM will give a diagram that shows which pin has key on power, power all the time (memory/clock), dash lighting circuit, speaker position and polarity; the positions of each of these feeds in the plugs, are the same over the years even with changing wire colors over those years. DON't jury rig the splices; you'll have intermittent open circuits where things will work, cut out upon hitting bumps, come back next RR track, etc. No twist/tape, Scotchloks (those are the WORST) butt-crimp connectors; solder and tape, or use heat shrink tubing.

Nice link 78d150... ... The crutchfield site is hard to navigate, but you can actually get pretty much any harness you need...Radio plugs to coded bare ends...Vehicle connectors to bare ends.... You can even get a harness that will plug a late model radio into an earlier vehicle if you need one...Plugs at both ends...I've bought a few like that already...If he gives them a call they could hook him up...Takes the service manual and the guess work out of the process...

Re: Putting newer radio in earlier truck Wiring?? [Re: 69Mannix] #144889
11/07/08 11:16 PM
11/07/08 11:16 PM
So Cal
Sinitro Offline
master
Sinitro  Offline
master

So Cal
Quote:

This radio is about a 1993 infinity cd player, can anyone give me the plug wire layout? Has 2 plugs, one grey and other black. Any scematics? Thanks

Here U go..

You need a Metra 71-1817
Cost is about $6.
2 connectors that go into the Chrysler OE Infinity head unit.
http://www.thetwistergroup.com/store/customer/product.php?productid=71-1817%20D19050&source=fr

2nd Link has color wire coding.

http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/DCP-Wiring.pdf