Az
Crizila Offline
master
Crizila  Offline
master

Az
Quote:

Quote:

as I posted, have the adj. out of rocker and rod is against rocker. NO clearance???. rod is a mopar mech cup and socket type rod and is a bit shorter than a stock hyd. rod. cam base should be smaller than a stock cam so I don't know why I have no free play

Your pushrods are TOO LONG , you need to get or make a checker pushrod and figure out the length you need and have a set made.

The purpose of rockers shims is to correct incorrect rocker to valve geometry , they are NOT for correcting for pushrods that are too long , I don't care who say they are, they are WRONG.

If your pushrods are against the rockers without the adjusters then you need new pushrods , plain and simple.

I think I said that, and I agree with you, but it sounds like he just doesn't want to buy shorter pushrods? Not the perfered way to go, but he can solve his clearance problem by shimming the shafts.

Fastest 300
Re: HYD lifter pre load????? [Re: Crizila] #1434121
05/11/13 01:48 PM
05/11/13 01:48 PM
Delray beach, Florida
P
Performance Only Offline
top fuel
Performance Only  Offline
top fuel
P

Delray beach, Florida
I can tell you that I've repaired quite a few heads from people using regular shim stock to raise the shafts and they end up cracking.

machine shop owner and engine builder
Re: HYD lifter pre load????? [Re: Crizila] #1434122
05/11/13 04:22 PM
05/11/13 04:22 PM
U.S.S.A.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

U.S.S.A.
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

as I posted, have the adj. out of rocker and rod is against rocker. NO clearance???. rod is a mopar mech cup and socket type rod and is a bit shorter than a stock hyd. rod. cam base should be smaller than a stock cam so I don't know why I have no free play

Your pushrods are TOO LONG , you need to get or make a checker pushrod and figure out the length you need and have a set made.

The purpose of rockers shims is to correct incorrect rocker to valve geometry , they are NOT for correcting for pushrods that are too long , I don't care who say they are, they are WRONG.

If your pushrods are against the rockers without the adjusters then you need new pushrods , plain and simple.

I think I said that, and I agree with you, but it sounds like he just doesn't want to buy shorter pushrods? Not the perfered way to go, but he can solve his clearance problem by shimming the shafts.

I wasn't really trying to point out who said it , I know what you were saying , sometimes people fish for the answer they want to hear and don't want to hear the truth because of the cost involved.

In the past when it's said that shims are the way to fix this problem and someone said not it's not a person would come back well this big name racer/parts seller and/or that big name racer/parts seller list them for that exact purpose .... It's WRONG ...

Re: HYD lifter pre load????? [Re: JohnRR] #1434123
05/11/13 04:35 PM
05/11/13 04:35 PM
canada
J
jp15 Offline OP
jp15  Offline OP
J

canada
NOT fishing for what I want to hear, just want to know why I had no clearance between rod and rocker, thinking the Comp lifter (882-16) has a higher seat height than stock lifter, only thing that makes sense to Me . and yes trying to use what I have for parts.

Page 2 of 2 1 2