Philadelphia
R
radar Offline OP
top fuel
radar  Offline OP
top fuel
R

Philadelphia
I had a lot of problems with dirty gas in my 72 demon and I finally retired it to the garage to get overhauled. The last thing to do is the fuel system- I have an electric pump and filter, 3/8" sender and aluminum hard line. The pump is ok to deadhead at the carb, so I'm not running a return line.

I know that the nipple on the tank that goes up is the output to the pump, and the other line straight out of the sender is a vent (charcoal canister), but my tank also has a small nipple above the sender, at the top front of the tank. It doesn't have the four nipples on the side I saw when I searched this topic.

If I run the one sender out to my fuel pump/ carb etc, where can I run a vent, and what do I do with the other nipple on the tank? I'd like to avoid the charcoal canister if I can do it safely.

Thanks
radar

Re: Need help plumbing my new gastank [Re: radar] #142398
10/28/08 09:33 AM
10/28/08 09:33 AM
Lincoln Nebraska
R
RapidRobert Offline
Circle Track
RapidRobert  Offline
Circle Track
R

Lincoln Nebraska
with a vented gas cap just cap off both the strait nipple in the sending unit & the one above on the tank. If not vented leave one of these 2 open but I hang a fuel filter on it with a short piece of neoprene to keep dust out. Probably overkill but it's only several bucks.

live every 24 hour block of time like it's your last day on earth