Indiana
D
dragracer1 Offline OP
enthusiast
dragracer1  Offline OP
enthusiast
D

Indiana
I have 2 issues that I need help with resolving.

1. Ive had an issue with the arm hitting the header tube so Ive had to clearance the tube away from the arm. this has been going on for the last few years...Ive tried 3 different idler arms and also 3 sets of hedman headers..part number 78050..I wanna go to ceramic coated headers but I don't want to have to beat on them to get the tube to clear and take a chance of the coating cracking....can anyone give me an idea on whats going on or how to fix it?

2. Im also having an issue with the idler arm wanting move up and down a bit instead of side to side on the K-member pushing...again, I have tried 3 different arms with the same outcome...when the right front tire is off the ground, you can grab the front and back of the tire and push it back and forth at least an inch and watch the idler arm pivot upwards before it turns to the right...then it shifts back down before turning back left...it acts like the mount is wallard out or something like that...its a drag car so if the steering/suspension has any kind of slop in it, it will affect the reaction time...can anyone help me on this one as well?

thanks
Brad

Re: Idler Arm Issues on my '74 Scamp [Re: dragracer1] #1381778
02/05/13 12:35 AM
02/05/13 12:35 AM
Granite Bay CA
Kern Dog Offline
Striving for excellence
Kern Dog  Offline
Striving for excellence

Granite Bay CA
Often times it is necessary to slip a spacer/washer in between the top of the idler and the idler mount in the k member. Sometimes the mounting holes are egged out and need a bead of weld to close the gap a little.

Re: Idler Arm Issues on my '74 Scamp [Re: Kern Dog] #1381779
02/05/13 03:27 PM
02/05/13 03:27 PM
Indiana
D
dragracer1 Offline OP
enthusiast
dragracer1  Offline OP
enthusiast
D

Indiana
Quote:

Often times it is necessary to slip a spacer/washer in between the top of the idler and the idler mount in the k member. Sometimes the mounting holes are egged out and need a bead of weld to close the gap a little.

ok, i will try that....i was kinda thinking that but I wanted to check on here first to see if I was misssing something else or was doing something wrong...thanks...