12/13/04 07:07 PM
12/13/04 07:07 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I have a 75 Duster that was originally a slant six and I dropped in a 440. Like an idiot I incorrectly assumed that I had the right bracket and cable which I just proved wrong (figures I wait until the last minute and something happens). My dilemia is that I am having the car towed to a buddys shop tomorrow so I can install all new brakes (master, rotors, calipers, lines etc) and it would be a lot easier if the car is moving under its own power when done. I can't remember what cable I grabbed when I picked up the replacement as it was a while ago. Right now with the cable pulled all the way back it's about 2 inches too short. The part of the cable that would normally be under the clamp is about 1/8" short of the bracket. If you guys can picture what I am trying to say I believe you'll get an idea. I just looked at GregZ site and I am not sure if I should be getting the 440 adj bracket kit or the Indy/Victor kit. Also If anyone could help me out with a source/part number for the correct throttle cable I would appreciate it.

Right now I have an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Nos Cheater plate and then an Carter 750. The carb will be changed as soon as funds allow and I should be able to rig something up to get by but I would like to get the right stuff sooner rather than later. Thanks for the help.

Re: Duster Throttle Cable/Bracket Help #13722
12/13/04 07:19 PM
12/13/04 07:19 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

You need the "standard" 440 adjustable bracket. The Indy/Victor one would be too tall for your intake. Since your throttle cable is too short, I'm going guess you replaced the stock slant 6 one with a V-8 version . The easiest thing to ask for at the parts store would be... a throttle cable for a 1975 slant six Duster. If there is a Carquest near by, they carry the Pioneer line of cables. Take a look at the firewall where the cables goes through. Some cars have a round hole others have a square hole in the firewall. The Pioneer part number for a 23.3 inch long cable with a square fitting is CA-8411, a 25.8" cable is CA-8413. For a 24" cable with a round fitting the number is CA-8418. You can also order the cables from www.partsamerica.com . If you ever have questions about or need help with the parts I sell, feel free to call me directly or send an e-mail.

Re: Duster Throttle Cable/Bracket Help #13723
12/13/04 08:17 PM
12/13/04 08:17 PM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the info Greg and I just sent you a pm. Tom

Re: Duster Throttle Cable/Bracket Help #13724
12/13/04 11:30 PM
12/13/04 11:30 PM
Here
DirectSubjection Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only
DirectSubjection  Offline
Tacohead. The First and Only

Here
That bracket and a /6 cable should work great! Here's mine on the 383 in my Duster with an MP1 single plane:

1340672-cover 002.jpg (143 downloads)

Ride eternal, shiny and chrome
Re: Duster Throttle Cable/Bracket Help [Re: DirectSubjection] #13725
12/14/04 12:04 AM
12/14/04 12:04 AM

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

I went shopping on GregZ's site and picked up a few things. Tomorrow I am playing hooky from work and trying to come up w/a Slant 6 cable. No matter what since my friend is helping me out worse case is I rig up a temp setup during the day. Since the car is going to be at his shop for a little bit and sleep inside I have to come up with something ya know? The brakes will be done tomorrow but the throttle cable is my own bad as I worked too much this summer and assumed I had what I needed. Murphy's Law I guess.