11/29/12 05:59 PM
11/29/12 05:59 PM
Rhode Island
B
browndevil Offline OP
browndevil  Offline OP
B

Rhode Island
My winter project is to work on the interior of my car. One of the previous owners dyed many of the parts a dark blue. I have the new Metro door and quarter panels as well as a new carpet and seat upholstery. What I am not sure of is the color of the rest of the plastic parts inside. Could anyone provide the correct color for the rest of the parts and perhaps where to get the correct color dye?

1. I took the console out of the car and the inside of it looks like kind of a metallic blue. It does not appear to have painted/dyed. Is that the correct color?

2. The a/c vents appear to be the same color as the console and also do not appear to have been changed. Is that correct?

3. Should the kick panel color and seat back color match the door panels?

4. There was no A pillar molding but I picked up a set of black ones in fairly good condition. What color should it be?

5. How about the two pieces of plastic on the lower part of the dash to the left of the climate control and to the right of the radio?

6. Dash color?

7. And lastly, the plastic trim that goes under the dash on the passenger side with the map light switch in it (I think this is an a/c car only trim piece).

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Michael

Re: 1970 challenger B5 interior questions [Re: browndevil] #1343041
11/29/12 06:32 PM
11/29/12 06:32 PM
Toronto (YYZ) Ontario
YYZ Offline
master
YYZ  Offline
master

Toronto (YYZ) Ontario
Quote:

My winter project is to work on the interior of my car. One of the previous owners dyed many of the parts a dark blue. I have the new Metro door and quarter panels as well as a new carpet and seat upholstery. What I am not sure of is the color of the rest of the plastic parts inside. Could anyone provide the correct color for the rest of the parts and perhaps where to get the correct color dye?

1. I took the console out of the car and the inside of it looks like kind of a metallic blue. It does not appear to have painted/dyed. Is that the correct color? - Yes, the console is moulded in blue

2. The a/c vents appear to be the same color as the console and also do not appear to have been changed. Is that correct? - Yes - they are a similar blue to the console & dashpad

3. Should the kick panel color and seat back color match the door panels? - Yes, they are all blue in a blue interior car

4. There was no A pillar molding but I picked up a set of black ones in fairly good condition. What color should it be? - also blue

5. How about the two pieces of plastic on the lower part of the dash to the left of the climate control and to the right of the radio? - ditto - blue

6. Dash color? Dashpad is blue

7. And lastly, the plastic trim that goes under the dash on the passenger side with the map light switch in it (I think this is an a/c car only trim piece). Yes, it is an A/C only piece and it too should be blue

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Michael

Please see the notes above.

For any of the metal interior trim, it is painted with a PPG interior lacquer (also blue) which can be obtained from a number of sources.

For the remaining interior pieces:

Steering wheel: Blue center cap (rim blow or standard 3-spoke)

Steering column: generally blue with a rallye dash, but suede black with the standard cluster

Seat belts: generally blue, but occasionally black

Re: 1970 challenger B5 interior questions [Re: browndevil] #1343042
12/01/12 03:39 AM
12/01/12 03:39 AM
Oklahoma City, OK. USA
D
Dr. Red Offline
Dr. Red  Offline
D

Oklahoma City, OK. USA
Legendary calls it Bright Blue (b5) They have it all. From headliner to carpet and its all the same color which makes a nice finish...

Re: 1970 challenger B5 interior questions [Re: Dr. Red] #1343043
12/01/12 09:24 PM
12/01/12 09:24 PM
Rhode Island
B
browndevil Offline OP
browndevil  Offline OP
B

Rhode Island
Thanks for the responses. My seat parts came in today. The seat covers sure are a much brighter blue than what is in the car. It will sure brighten up the interior. I did find some pictures of B5 interiors online.

It looks to me like the kick panels should be the same shade as the door panels, is this correct? Where would I get dye to color these?

It looks like the dash trim, console and a pillars are all the same shade of blue, but different from the door panels. Is this correct? Where would I get dye to color these?

Thanks,

Michael