campbell river B.C
M
mopartoby Offline OP
enthusiast
mopartoby  Offline OP
enthusiast
M

campbell river B.C
Im running b1ba heads with comp stainless rockers and hardened shafts. A year ago the centre shaft bolt broke, i lost my lash and messed up a couple adjusters and push rods. Skip forward a year and i decide to put it back together. When i took the shaft off i never dissassembled it. I just layed it in my valve cover. So i pull it out change 2 adjusters put the new push rods in and when i went to lay my shaft and rockers on i notice my shaft bolts are not in line!!! Uh oh!! It looked like my shaft was twisted. I gave it a twist and i now have 4 paired rockers! I'm far away from coil bind, so what caused this? Its a comp solid roller .686 lift with matched springs do you think my shafts arent up to the high spring pressures?

Re: Broken rocker shaft [Re: mopartoby] #1268761
07/16/12 05:43 PM
07/16/12 05:43 PM
Romeo MI
MR_P_BODY Offline
Master
MR_P_BODY  Offline
Master

Romeo MI
Shaft is probably bent, when you broke the center bolt
it bent

Re: Broken rocker shaft [Re: mopartoby] #1268762
07/16/12 06:50 PM
07/16/12 06:50 PM
A Banana Republic near you.
JohnRR Offline
I Win
JohnRR  Offline
I Win

A Banana Republic near you.
Quote:

Im running b1ba heads with comp stainless rockers and hardened shafts. A year ago the centre shaft bolt broke, i lost my lash and messed up a couple adjusters and push rods. Skip forward a year and i decide to put it back together. When i took the shaft off i never dissassembled it. I just layed it in my valve cover. So i pull it out change 2 adjusters put the new push rods in and when i went to lay my shaft and rockers on i notice my shaft bolts are not in line!!! Uh oh!! It looked like my shaft was twisted. I gave it a twist and i now have 4 paired rockers! I'm far away from coil bind, so what caused this? Its a comp solid roller .686 lift with matched springs do you think my shafts arent up to the high spring pressures?

what are your spring pressures and are those comp rockers bushed ?

Depending on the pressure the rockers may not be up to the task either .

Re: Broken rocker shaft [Re: mopartoby] #1268763
07/16/12 08:39 PM
07/16/12 08:39 PM
Livonia Michigan
440dart Offline
enthusiast
440dart  Offline
enthusiast

Livonia Michigan
Quote:

I run BS-B1 heads, and I had one of the hold down bolts back out, and the shaft broke right where the bolt goes through.

Yes I live in Michigan, so there is still 1 light on
Re: Broken rocker shaft [Re: 440dart] #1268764
07/16/12 08:43 PM
07/16/12 08:43 PM
Arizona
C
Chris'sBarracuda Offline
master
Chris'sBarracuda  Offline
master
C

Arizona
Quote:

Quote:

I run BS-B1 heads, and I had one of the hold down bolts back out, and the shaft broke right where the bolt goes through.

You can run the shaft broken..

Done it many times.. My spare shaft is broken.. It can't move if the bolt/stud is tight..

Chris..