06/28/12 08:58 AM
06/28/12 08:58 AM
Sacramento, Ca
Darius Offline OP
master
Darius  Offline OP
master

Sacramento, Ca
I bought a set of rally mirrors from a dork that just threw them in a one price anywhere USPS box with ZERO wrapping or paper to protect them in transit and GUESS WHAT?????
How do you remove and then replace the mirror in these things? It looks like they compression fit onto a ball stud type piece which is what allows them to swivel and adjust. I thought I would ask here before I trash the thing trying to simply pry it out.

Driving modern convenience in classic beauty
Re: Rear view mirror glass replacement [Re: Darius] #1258798
06/28/12 09:06 AM
06/28/12 09:06 AM
Elk Grove, Calif.
B
bigblock340power Offline
master
bigblock340power  Offline
master
B

Elk Grove, Calif.
Hi Darius, me again. Do you ever stop with the hard questions. Anyway. I went theough this when I had my mirror shells/pedestals rechromed. I had to reliese the cables on the remote part of the mirror (goes on the door). This will allow you to pull the whole works out of the mirror shell (make sure you mark every thing). On the other side I just broke out the mirror, worked the swedged in part of the mirror holder, and took the metal mirror holder to Mauls glass (here in EG). They made me a new mirror for it. Glued it in with RTV (room temperature vulcanisation). Still there and works fine.
Again, Good luck.
Damn, you up early! Give me a call.