PA
B
BTTG Offline OP
mopar
BTTG  Offline OP
mopar
B

PA
Car is a 69 Coronet R/T with 235/60/15 tires up front 275/60/15 in the rear same PSI all tires.

Measures from ground to top center of wheel opening moldings are 27.25 inches rear 27.0 front. Rocker molding measure and appear parallel to ground as well front and rear. Haven’t driven the car yet as am finishing partial resto, but need to set ride height now so I can take it in to be aligned (rebuilt front end). I know all about adjusting the ride height, torqueing LCA bolts after establishing ride height, etc…, but wanted to see if there was a prominent opinion as to how the front to rear stance should be (front and rear level…. Front wheel opening moldings lower by ½ inch, etc…)? Obviously the rear height is not easily modified, but from what I have read with these tires the rear ride height is right on. To my untrained eye the car visually appears to sit a hair high in the front, which makes sense as the front wheel opening moldings are as high as the rears although the front tires are smaller. Any opinion on if the front end should be even or lower than the rear from an aesthetic as well as functional standpoint? Also is there anything else to consider such as minimal distances between control arms and bumpstops? car is a a resto and not a racecar. going for stock like stance with maybe a hair more attitude.

Re: Initial ride height front:rear 69 b body? [Re: BTTG] #1233651
05/15/12 10:21 AM
05/15/12 10:21 AM
Pikes Peak Country
T
TC@HP2 Offline
master
TC@HP2  Offline
master
T

Pikes Peak Country
The factory spec on ride is is measured at the bottom of the t-bar socket on the control arm and the bottom of the lower ball joint. The t-bar socket should measure somewhere between 1.25 and 1.8 inches HIGHER than the ball joint. I forget the exact specs as it varies between car lines. Perhaps someone else can chime in on teh specific for your car. There is no spec on the rear ride height.

Direct Connection specified an approximate rake of 3* nose down on the Chassis manual. This would require you to turn down the t-bars if you have the stock, nearly flat leaf springs in back. If you have high arch SS springs, then you may need to turn the t-bars up.