05/08/12 05:22 PM
05/08/12 05:22 PM
pennsylvania, usa
D
David Barton Offline
David Barton  Offline
D

pennsylvania, usa
Sure, there are many ways to increase horsepower for far less money. But some people just like the crossram for the looks. There is just something about the way a crossram Hemi looks under the hood.

Our intake was designed for Super Stock racing in the 90's. My Dad was tired of cutting up old intakes so he decided to make his own. This opened up a lot of doors for horsepower increases.

Around this time Mopar approached my Dad about having it in their catalog because they had nothing to offer to the public, so they gave him a casting number. Somewhere along the line they took one and attempted to copy it instead of giving anyone credit.

Since then many Nostalgia Stock/Super Stock racers found the need for them simply because their class required a casting number. And the rest is history. We still make them and they work great......for a crossram. We're currently working on an EFI version at the moment. Its coming along nicely.

Re: hemi crossrams [Re: David Barton] #1228180
05/09/12 11:02 AM
05/09/12 11:02 AM
DFW
M
mr_340 Offline
master
mr_340  Offline
master
M

DFW
David, thanks for letting us know about the custom machining on your crossram. I had assumed it was just machined for a standard deck height and intake face angles. I know the engine builder that installed the MP crossram on my old Barnett Hemi sure had fits (pun intended) getting it to fit on a block that had been decked around .100"-.120". The MP might be a more cost effective choice for a std. deck and heads street Hemi. It would be interesting to see some testing between the Barton and Indy crossrams that seem to be the most common in NSS.

Floyd Lippencott IV
Page 2 of 2 1 2