I'm building a 727 for my '67 Satellite. Its a good, early unit with 4 clutch drums and 4 gear planetary gear sets. Anyway, this tranny was behind a 600+ horsepower 440 for a short time, but it looks like the guy who had it built bought a B&M kit or something. It has has smooth brown clutches with metallic (the look like stock clutches with metallic in them), a flex band ( ), and a 3.8 lever. I understand some people like the 3.8 lever with a shift kit and high line pressure though, so maybe that's where that move came from.

Anyway the 440 in front of it will be a pretty typical build in the 475-500 horse range, and the car will see a lot of street miles.

What is the consensus on clutch materials? It seems to me that the alto reds are the best? How do the blue raybestos compare? Anything else I should be considering for a street build?

Is there any reason to NOT use Kolene steels in a street build?

And I was going to buy one of the red relined solid front bands from CRT. Anything wrong with these?

And I plan to ditch the 3.8 lever for either a 4.2 or a 5.0. Is there any advantage to running a 5.0 nowadays?

And it probably goes without saying but I don't want New Yorker shifts!

Now I need to pin those needles, got to feel that heat
Hear my motor screamin while I'm tearin up the street