03/10/12 12:18 AM
03/10/12 12:18 AM
Olive Branch, MS (suburb of Me...
B
billboardlover Offline OP
billboardlover  Offline OP
B

A few questions with regard to restoring the steering wheel here. Do you just use the same color dye as used on the rest of the interior? What do you paint the inner channels that surround the 3 spokes and the round horn button? Is is white or silver? What kind of paint have you used and what did you apply it with? What allows you to get into the channels easily and make it look neat? Also, what did you do the woodgrain part with?

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by billboardlover; 03/10/12 12:19 AM.
Re: Cuda 3 spoke steering wheel resto - materials? [Re: billboardlover] #1194261
03/13/12 11:49 PM
03/13/12 11:49 PM
B
billboardlover Offline OP
billboardlover  Offline OP
B

Anyone? Anyone??

Re: Cuda 3 spoke steering wheel resto - materials? [Re: billboardlover] #1194262
03/14/12 11:33 PM
03/14/12 11:33 PM
WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM Indiana
plumbeeper Offline
mopar
plumbeeper  Offline
mopar

WOODGRAINWHEELS.COM Indiana
Quote:

A few questions with regard to restoring the steering wheel here. Do you just use the same color dye as used on the rest of the interior? You have a black steering column so you should keep the spoke cover black. Clean it with Super Clean and a toothbrush. No paint needed if you're keeping it black.
What do you paint the inner channels that surround the 3 spokes and the round horn button? Is is white or silver? Silver
What kind of paint have you used and what did you apply it with? Paint pen or craft art silver and a #0 paint brush. Pick either one up at a hobby store or Walmart.
What allows you to get into the channels easily and make it look neat? Steady hand.
Also, what did you do the woodgrain part with? Various specialty tools and materials.

Thanks for any help. You're welcome. Contact me anytime. Visit my profile for contact information. Dave

Dave