USA
I
ignoble Offline OP
enthusiast
ignoble  Offline OP
enthusiast
I

USA
I have a gage voltage limiter [IVR] that i bought for my 77 truck with the printed circuit board. Should be the same as for a 71-74 B- body as far as i can tell from some research. 5 volt press in style.

The limiter looks like it has the "brains" inserted into the casing and crimped to it upon assembly. Compared to the factory unit [ also pictured ] and their website picture, it looks like the "casing ground pin" location is 180 degrees backwards from the factory unit. In other words i think the internals were put in 'backwards'. I can't find any reference pics of a factory unit assmebled like the one i bought.

You can tell it was crimped together with a special tool, so i don't want to attempt to pry it open and switch it. I am ham fisted enough as it is...

Having a hard time getting a hold of the manufacturer/ seller. I realize they are a part time business, but i've been attempting to get ahold of them for almost a month, and their phone mailbox is always full, and e-mails get sent back with no answer.

Thanks, Picture attached.

6897575-IMG_5533.JPG (68 downloads)
Re: is this gage voltage limiter assembled backwards ? [Re: ignoble] #1104923
10/31/11 11:48 PM
10/31/11 11:48 PM
USA
I
ignoble Offline OP
enthusiast
ignoble  Offline OP
enthusiast
I

USA
I should say the company did some other work for me that was priced more than fairly, this is not a dig on them. I'm just putting the question to the moparts board expertise to come up with an answer.

Maybe they just sent the wrong part, if there is an appication for the IVR to be configured like this ??