10/23/11 09:58 PM
10/23/11 09:58 PM
Fla
birdboy Offline OP
super stock
birdboy  Offline OP
super stock

Fla
looking at some weld wheels one style is street/ strip other is drag only. whats the diff? cert? weight? thanks for your reply.

Re: diff between street strip and drag wheels [Re: birdboy] #1100276
10/23/11 10:40 PM
10/23/11 10:40 PM
Bend,OR USA
C
Cab_Burge Offline
I Win
Cab_Burge  Offline
I Win
C

Bend,OR USA
The drag only wheels are not intended or designed to hold up to high lateral loads like going around a corner on two wheels with the brakes on Another thing is running them up against a curb or cement bumper stop in a parking lot. I run a set of Bodarts on my street Duster but I'm real careful going around corners and parking it. They bend real easy They also straighten out real easy, I took two of the 12 inch wide rims to my local Walmart store to have them dismount the worn out M/T ET Street bias plys and mount the new ones back on them, they bent one of the wheels on the front side dismounting it I took it back and had them dismount that one and l straightened out with a board and a rubber dead blow hammer, very gently. They where able to remount it without bending it again, no charge on that one. I have a old bubble balancer at home and found out that one of the new M/T had a heavy spot on it( 19 OZ ) so it had to be dismounted and return to M/T under warrenty, Walmart did that one for no charge also BTW, a freind of mine had a Weld drag race only front wheel, a very lightweight expensive one, break the rim when turning off the track after a run, he wasn't going very fast according to him when it happened, luckily Don't do as I do buy street legal wheels for your car My insurance would probally be voided if I got into a accident, my fault or not I do have several other sets of street legal spare wheels and tires that I can put on the car in a hurry, if needed

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/23/11 11:17 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)
Re: diff between street strip and drag wheels [Re: Cab_Burge] #1100277
10/23/11 10:47 PM
10/23/11 10:47 PM
Hilltown Pa
1967dartgt Offline
master
1967dartgt  Offline
master

Hilltown Pa
I run weld magmuns on my car with out any problems on the street. But this car goes to cruise nights and isn't daily driven. Its is driven quite alot at OC maryland for the shows down there. Oh yea the fronts are also 3 1/2s.

Brett Miller W9 cnc'd heads
STR Chassis fabraction