O-H-I-O
sixpackjeff Offline
mopar
sixpackjeff  Offline
mopar

O-H-I-O
Quote:

Quote:

It seams like they (the Blankenships and the magazine) are destine to put themselves out of business. Oh how I long for the old Chrysler Classic Events. They were so much fun.

Butch

I remember when the May Classic was just as big as the Nats, or dern close to it.

The Old Chrysler Classic IS coming back next year! As far as Blankenship, according to what he and his lawyer heve told the bankruptcy court, he IS out of business. Must be tough to be building a new house and driving a new high-end motor coach when you owe people hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We've teamed with Chrysler Power magazine and will return to Marion County International Raceway, Ohio, June 22-24. I know last year was 100+ degrees, but we've moved to a cooler date. I really need everyone's support if you want this to fly. I'll announce the other venues soon, but we're stilling waiting on a few details. I also made an offer to Josh a while back, so the ball's in his court.

Meanwhile, don't miss The Ohio Mopar Expo Swap Meet, November 19, at the Ohio Stae Fairgrounds in Columbus.

30 Years and still going strong!

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: THE GLASS MAN] #1085910
10/03/11 11:55 AM
10/03/11 11:55 AM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
I'm looking forward to next season as well. I had looked forward to running the MoPower events this season, but after my "welcome to MoPower Events" at Columbus, I decided I was wrong/mistaken/confused/unwanted/POS, so I stayed away...
Racers were great,,

If you like drag racing, support your local track.
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085911
10/03/11 02:54 PM
10/03/11 02:54 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline
Senior Member of the Junior Dragster Club
WILD BILL  Offline

BROOK PARK, OH
Am I to understand there will be NO MoPower series next year?

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085912
10/03/11 03:06 PM
10/03/11 03:06 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
What happened to you at Columbus??

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: julian2007] #1085913
10/03/11 03:35 PM
10/03/11 03:35 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
I got there alittle late Friday (12:45PM), after having to put a starter on the tow truck at the 70/37 truck stop. Was trying to find a place to park,,went down an open lane in the pits trying to find a place to set up the rig,,,there was a yellow plastic strip tied around a trash drum to prevent me from driving straight on through the obviously open lane. I had my helper temporarialy move the trash can so I didn't have to try to back the truck/trailer 60-80 yards back between everyone else's trailers...as soon as he started moving the barrel, CB came flying up in a golf cart and proceeded to give us all a belittling, cussing, rampage as to how I shouldn't be driving if I couldn't back the rig out of there. I tried to explain we were just trying to find a place to pit and didn't realize the road was a "dead end". Ended up parking in a nice, wet, muddy, grassy area. On Sunday, I was told by some of the others, that we got a "goodie" bag for entering. I went to the event trailer to inquire about it. As it would go for me,,CB was the one I talked to. I asked him about it, and he asked if I pre-entered. I replied "no I paid at the gate",,he replys with "you don't get nothing" and turned and walked off. I had gone to Columbus to the swap meet in Feb just to get my 'hallowed' MCG subscription and talk with them about the series and see if there was any thing I needed to do to sign up for the entire series. As I have said, I was looking forward to the traveling series and wanted to do things right by it. Turns out, the series looked better when I went to Columbus last year to spectate and see how it was run. Evidently, new people, new cars, and new money don't mean anything to him. Rant over for now.

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085914
10/03/11 04:35 PM
10/03/11 04:35 PM
reynoldsburg,ohio
poppaj Offline
mopar
poppaj  Offline
mopar

reynoldsburg,ohio
Why can't they just post points on the website? there is already a spot on the site with Columbus points, then all can view..

AA/NSS 65'Coronet "Whompin Wedge"
Pop & Son Performance 557" B-1 power
John Holt Chassis
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085915
10/03/11 05:45 PM
10/03/11 05:45 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

I got there alittle late Friday (12:45PM), after having to put a starter on the tow truck at the 70/37 truck stop. Was trying to find a place to park,,went down an open lane in the pits trying to find a place to set up the rig,,,there was a yellow plastic strip tied around a trash drum to prevent me from driving straight on through the obviously open lane. I had my helper temporarialy move the trash can so I didn't have to try to back the truck/trailer 60-80 yards back between everyone else's trailers...as soon as he started moving the barrel, CB came flying up in a golf cart and proceeded to give us all a belittling, cussing, rampage as to how I shouldn't be driving if I couldn't back the rig out of there. I tried to explain we were just trying to find a place to pit and didn't realize the road was a "dead end". Ended up parking in a nice, wet, muddy, grassy area. On Sunday, I was told by some of the others, that we got a "goodie" bag for entering. I went to the event trailer to inquire about it. As it would go for me,,CB was the one I talked to. I asked him about it, and he asked if I pre-entered. I replied "no I paid at the gate",,he replys with "you don't get nothing" and turned and walked off. I had gone to Columbus to the swap meet in Feb just to get my 'hallowed' MCG subscription and talk with them about the series and see if there was any thing I needed to do to sign up for the entire series. As I have said, I was looking forward to the traveling series and wanted to do things right by it. Turns out, the series looked better when I went to Columbus last year to spectate and see how it was run. Evidently, new people, new cars, and new money don't mean anything to him. Rant over for now.

I remember you telling me about the run in with CB and could tell you were upset (to say the least) about it,,I sometime's think CB is his own worse enemy, I just don't think he has the aptitude or attitude to deal with the public,,and yes Butch it just isn't as much fun as it used to be, kind of like a relationship going sour.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085916
10/03/11 06:15 PM
10/03/11 06:15 PM
oh
julian2007 Offline
super stock
julian2007  Offline
super stock

oh
That's not hard to believe we have had are fair share of run ins with cb its kind of sad because Eddie is a really good stick and so is Chris I just don't think There efforts can out weigh cb's bumb a$$ attacks.I think in the future if you want to run a fun series the Monster Mopar deal should be pretty good.If he runs a series the way he ran his show in Indy it will be top shelf.
Btw The last time Charlie ran his mouth to us a buddy of mine told him to go F him self he stomped his feet like a 5 year old and ran off.If he runs his pie hole to you again put him in his place and don't let him upset what should be a fun vacation.
Hope to see you at the track,Bruce

God made cold beer,good friends,hot ladies and race cars don't spit in his face by pi$$ing and moaning about how life sucks!!!
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: julian2007] #1085917
10/03/11 06:41 PM
10/03/11 06:41 PM
Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
VernMotor Offline
master
VernMotor  Offline
master

Mt.Vernon ,Ohio
CB is his own worse enemy, I just don't think he has the aptitude or attitude to deal with the public,,

Boy you got that right ..The rest of the family are great people.. they need to keep Charley away from everyone ! Eddy and Chris and all the rest have been great to me and my family..I can't say enuff good things about them. best thing to do is what Bruce says..

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: julian2007] #1085918
10/03/11 07:08 PM
10/03/11 07:08 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
My wife even asked me if I was OK...I said, what do you mean? She said, you weren't upset about the truck/starter issue, then, CB gets in your face and you don't even hit him or nothing,,,are you alright?
I don't know, must of been something wrong with me that weekend. I notice as the years go by,,I have slowed down a little.

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085919
10/03/11 07:19 PM
10/03/11 07:19 PM
Mt. Vernon, Ohio
dartman366 Offline
I Live Here
dartman366  Offline
I Live Here

Mt. Vernon, Ohio
Quote:

My wife even asked me if I was OK...I said, what do you mean? She said, you weren't upset about the truck/starter issue, then, CB gets in your face and you don't even hit him or nothing,,,are you alright?
I don't know, must of been something wrong with me that weekend. I notice as the years go by,,I have slowed down a little.

probably just as well or we would of had to pony up some bail money not that it would of been a problem or anything.

Light travels faster than the speed of sound,,,this is why some people seem bright untill you hear them speak.
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085920
10/03/11 08:12 PM
10/03/11 08:12 PM
OHIO
T
THE GLASS MAN Offline
super stock
THE GLASS MAN  Offline
super stock
T

OHIO
Quote:

WOW--Just glad that didn't happen. Just a reminder that the 2nd Annual Spring Nostalgia Nationals will again be at National Trail Raceway and the dates are June 23 & 24 with set up on the 22nd. All 1977 and older brand cars are welcome. The Mopars took home about 75% of the money in the racing catagories and we have a swap meet and car show also. Stay tuned to: www.sledcityevents.com No points, just money and plaques,and gold cups. I seen one guy drinking out of his trophy cup! Larry

Last edited by THE GLASS MAN; 10/03/11 08:17 PM.
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: THE GLASS MAN] #1085921
10/03/11 09:46 PM
10/03/11 09:46 PM
Michigan
S
Super Scamp Offline
mopar
Super Scamp  Offline
mopar
S

Michigan
All the races that I have been to the CC /MP events.. They have been going down hill ever since CB has started to run the show. As Bruce said Eddie and the rest of the gang do a great job.. doing there part.

It takes a boat load of people to run a show Remember there is no "I" in Team. Even with a Race Team you have to do your part to help it run smooth. Right Bruce..

I still can't see the points Where am I!!!!! OH at the bottom LOLOLOL

6855033-KilKare036.JPG (28 downloads)

Just One Man's Opinion Mopar Mafia Racing
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: nss guy] #1085922
10/05/11 07:02 PM
10/05/11 07:02 PM
central ohio
N
nss guy Offline OP
pro stock
nss guy  Offline OP
pro stock
N

central ohio
At Norwalk, I did not hear any PA annoucements on "Next Year" Schedule? They usually played up coming back to Norwalk.

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: nss guy] #1085923
10/05/11 08:55 PM
10/05/11 08:55 PM
Tallmadge, Ohio
Butch Offline
pro stock
Butch  Offline
pro stock

Tallmadge, Ohio
You know I wanted to call BS on sixpackjeffs post about the Blankenship filing bankruptcy but now that you mention it I didn't hear any announcement or get a 2012 schedule in the goodie bag.

Butch

'74 Duster 440
'04 Hemi Quad Cab Ram
'06 Pacifica
'78 MGB
Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: Butch] #1085924
10/05/11 09:03 PM
10/05/11 09:03 PM
Belpre,Ohio
C
CHAPPER Offline
master
CHAPPER  Offline
master
C

Belpre,Ohio
Quote:

You know I wanted to call BS on sixpackjeffs post about the Blankenship filing bankruptcy but now that you mention it I didn't hear any announcement or get a 2012 schedule in the goodie bag.

Butch

..."goodie bag..."

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: CHAPPER] #1085925
10/05/11 09:42 PM
10/05/11 09:42 PM
BROOK PARK, OH
WILD BILL Offline
WILD BILL  Offline

BROOK PARK, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Butch

..."goodie bag..."

If you want I can mail you mine

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: Butch] #1085926
10/05/11 11:51 PM
10/05/11 11:51 PM
Ohio
Bratt Racing Offline
enthusiast
Bratt Racing  Offline
enthusiast

Ohio
Quote:

Butch

We did not hear anything over the pa either about next year events they always announce the schedule for following year at Norwalk. The Blankenship family are good people have not done anything to us over the years. But we don't race the series for the owners we raced the series over the years to keep it going. Jeff Johnson started the series we enjoyed attending and just wanted to keep it alive. that is why we are such big supporters of the series we were there from the beginning. To be honest we wish Jeff would have never sold the series. We wish Jeff would have kept it going. Things would have been different then it is but you can't change what has happened you can only keep on racing the series you have raced for years to keep it alive. It is not the same Chris and Eddie are doing a good job. I would not want to be in their shoes.

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: THE GLASS MAN] #1085927
10/06/11 12:03 AM
10/06/11 12:03 AM
Ohio
Bratt Racing Offline
enthusiast
Bratt Racing  Offline
enthusiast

Ohio
Quote:

Quote:

WOW--Just glad that didn't happen. Just a reminder that the 2nd Annual Spring Nostalgia Nationals will again be at National Trail Raceway and the dates are June 23 & 24 with set up on the 22nd. All 1977 and older brand cars are welcome. The Mopars took home about 75% of the money in the racing catagories and we have a swap meet and car show also. Stay tuned to: www.sledcityevents.com No points, just money and plaques,and gold cups. I seen one guy drinking out of his trophy cup! Larry

Note to Jeff/Larry, Do you guys realize your races are scheduled the same weekend???? Marion County International Raceway, Ohio, June 22-24 Racers can't be at two races at the same time. One of you might want to reconsider your date.

Re: Mo-Power Points [Re: Bratt Racing] #1085928
10/06/11 02:07 AM
10/06/11 02:07 AM
OHIO
T
THE GLASS MAN Offline
super stock
THE GLASS MAN  Offline
super stock
T

OHIO
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Note to Jeff/Larry, Do you guys realize your races are scheduled the same weekend???? Marion County International Raceway, Ohio, June 22-24 Racers can't be at two races at the same time. One of you might want to reconsider your date.

Yes , we sure do Know about it. Scheduling is always difficult in times like this. These are 2 different shows that barely cross except in one class.We can't be perfect. Maybe he will get a wrestler to be his friend or something for his big draw? Or maybe I will have all night racing with no track lights? There's gonna be plenty of fun and racing at both events .

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3