Moparts

Mo-Power Points

Posted By: nss guy

Mo-Power Points - 10/01/11 01:06 AM

THIS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a sponsor to veiw the point standings to see where his $$ go to...

Oh sorry he can't see them because he's not a member??

I'll bet he'll want to help support the series by way of advertising$$

This was a great idea for veiwing the point standings

What were they thinking (mo-power)???????
Posted By: max_maniac

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/01/11 01:45 AM

Quote:

THIS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

I want a sponsor to veiw the point standings to see where his $$ go to...

Oh sorry he can't see them because he's not a member??

I'll bet he'll want to help support the series by way of advertising$$

This was a great idea for veiwing the point standings

What were they thinking (mo-power)???????

Russ
Posted By: VernMotor

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/01/11 01:51 AM

Well mopar collectors guide magazine is who you need to tell this to. They have control over the points.
you can post here.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mopar-Collectors-Guide-Magazine/157517383473
They got their ear full from me. At lease now if you are a member you can see them..was not that way before. you had to wait for the magazine to come out. all of us need to tell THEM..
Posted By: Butch

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/01/11 12:56 PM

It seams like they (the Blankenships and the magazine) are destine to put themselves out of business. Oh how I long for the old Chrysler Classic Events. They were so much fun.

Butch
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/01/11 12:57 PM

Quote:

It seams like they (the Blankenships and the magazine) are destine to put themselves out of business. Oh how I long for the old Chrysler Classic Events. They were so much fun.

Butch

So do a lot of people, Butch.

Dennis
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 12:40 AM

Quote:

Butch

I remember when the May Classic was just as big as the Nats, or dern close to it.
Posted By: THE GLASS MAN

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 01:28 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

I remember when the May Classic was just as big as the Nats, or dern close to it.

That's when Jeff Johnson ran it and he even put out his own little magazine and sent it to all the participants. You didn't have to have a MCG subscription or a Facebook account. What was facebook back then? I am looking forward to next season. It should be way different.
Posted By: redruM

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 02:00 AM

Quote:

Butch

Well said. Why do I need to subscribe to some magazine to run points. I am at the track running your event and paying your entry fees, what more do you need from me? Oh yea, you need another entry fee... bs imo
Posted By: 360904

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 02:07 AM

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 02:13 AM

mopar@moparcollectorsguide.com

here is a e-mail address..

only way we can do anything about it is to tell them !

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 10:44 AM

Quote:

mopar@moparcollectorsguide.com

here is a e-mail address..

only way we can do anything about it is to tell them !

Don't kid yourself they read every post that mentions Mo-Power or MCG. It all falls on deaf ears. They are going to do what they please just as the have in the past. It's all about money and that's fine but without show cars, swap vendors and race cars the money stops period. I'm just saying.

Butch
Posted By: cgall

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 01:20 PM

I don't mind paying a fee for a points number to run a racing series, NHRA and IHRA have operated that way for years, local tracks do the same for the bracket finals. Posting the points standings, though, is very important to keeping interest in your series. Equally important is to have adequate prize money for the points winners.

Mo-power has neither of these, therefore there is little interest any more.
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 01:38 PM

Quote:

I don't mind paying a fee for a points number to run a racing series, NHRA and IHRA have operated that way for years, local tracks do the same for the bracket finals. Posting the points standings, though, is very important to keeping interest in your series. Equally important is to have adequate prize money for the points winners.

Mo-power has neither of these, therefore there is little interest any more.

Even if your at the bottom of the "List" It's nice to see where you and your team mates are.. Yes NHRA does it, but they also post every week in the National Dragster. Yes I'm a member of NHRA.
If they had larger payouts at each event for what it cost to enter, then buying there membership would increase.

If Josh has a series I'm all in, Ive seen enough and spent way to much money, not to have a chance 3,000 to win in S/P.

Give back to the Grass roots racer we are the future of drag racing. I'm looking into a car for my 16 year old. This would make 11 cars in our race team. What race series are we going to next?????????????...

Attached picture 6852244-KilKare065.JPG
Posted By: bodyworks racing

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 02:44 PM

I agree if Josh runs a series we are all in. If you went to indy you got to see how an event should be run.over 300 car in the show field and every vender you could think of. sure it was a rain out but the purse was split between all those still in for there respective classes .thats the way you get people to come back. that happening at a mo-power event 'dont hold your breath! did anyone happen to look at the show car turn out and venders at norwalk?
Posted By: dustergirl340

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 03:58 PM

Quote:

did anyone happen to look at the show car turn out and venders at norwalk?

I was kind of disappointed in the swap area this year...and the weather was absolutely gorgeous so no excuses there. The swap seemed to be much bigger last year.

I've only been to these events the last two years and wish I could have seen how they used to be. I still had a good time though.
Posted By: nhramark

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 04:00 PM

Quote:

I agree if Josh runs a series we are all in. If you went to indy you got to see how an event should be run.over 300 car in the show field and every vender you could think of. sure it was a rain out but the purse was split between all those still in for there respective classes .thats the way you get people to come back. that happening at a mo-power event 'dont hold your breath! did anyone happen to look at the show car turn out and venders at norwalk?

Scott Sieveking always took good extremely good care of the racers. That's why MMW was so successful, and why I enjoyed running the race side of the show.

I was VERY happy to see that Josh went over and beyond to put on a GREAT event. (live band, free food, coloring contest for the kids) After the rainout, We paid out CASH to the remaining racers in all 5 Saturday classes, and everybody with a tech card for Sunday is getting a check.

I've been to events where the promotor didn't pay anyone at the end of an COMPLETED event, but promised to mail it out later.

I don't know if Josh will do a series or not. But any race he does put on will be worth your time to attend. MMW is in very good hands.......
Posted By: HEMIFRED

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/02/11 04:13 PM

Quote:

Butch

It true and only a matter of time.
Then along comes Josh King and that time line will be drastically advanced .

Josh ran MONSTER MOPAR extremely well.

twice the number of racers'I have ever seen at MoPower
Posted By: joshking440

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 04:57 AM

I can't thank you guys enough for the humbling compliments. I'm on my one year anniversary/postponed honey moon in Belize, so it's hard to respond, but if you guys, and by you guys I mean all the racers, show car participants, vendors and sponsors will get behind me, I will put on some of the greatest mopar shows in the country. I thank you again.

Josh
Posted By: plasticfantastic

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 03:13 PM

Quote:

Butch

4 events in 2012! Points series all from the people that did the OLD Chrysler Classic!

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 03:26 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

4 events in 2012! Points series all from the people that did the OLD Chrysler Classic!

Like I said, I am looking forward to next season.
Posted By: sixpackjeff

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 03:49 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

The Old Chrysler Classic IS coming back next year! As far as Blankenship, according to what he and his lawyer heve told the bankruptcy court, he IS out of business. Must be tough to be building a new house and driving a new high-end motor coach when you owe people hundreds of thousands of dollars.

We've teamed with Chrysler Power magazine and will return to Marion County International Raceway, Ohio, June 22-24. I know last year was 100+ degrees, but we've moved to a cooler date. I really need everyone's support if you want this to fly. I'll announce the other venues soon, but we're stilling waiting on a few details. I also made an offer to Josh a while back, so the ball's in his court.

Meanwhile, don't miss The Ohio Mopar Expo Swap Meet, November 19, at the Ohio Stae Fairgrounds in Columbus.

30 Years and still going strong!
Posted By: CHAPPER

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 03:55 PM

I'm looking forward to next season as well. I had looked forward to running the MoPower events this season, but after my "welcome to MoPower Events" at Columbus, I decided I was wrong/mistaken/confused/unwanted/POS, so I stayed away...
Racers were great,,
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 06:54 PM

Am I to understand there will be NO MoPower series next year?
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 07:06 PM

What happened to you at Columbus??

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 07:35 PM

I got there alittle late Friday (12:45PM), after having to put a starter on the tow truck at the 70/37 truck stop. Was trying to find a place to park,,went down an open lane in the pits trying to find a place to set up the rig,,,there was a yellow plastic strip tied around a trash drum to prevent me from driving straight on through the obviously open lane. I had my helper temporarialy move the trash can so I didn't have to try to back the truck/trailer 60-80 yards back between everyone else's trailers...as soon as he started moving the barrel, CB came flying up in a golf cart and proceeded to give us all a belittling, cussing, rampage as to how I shouldn't be driving if I couldn't back the rig out of there. I tried to explain we were just trying to find a place to pit and didn't realize the road was a "dead end". Ended up parking in a nice, wet, muddy, grassy area. On Sunday, I was told by some of the others, that we got a "goodie" bag for entering. I went to the event trailer to inquire about it. As it would go for me,,CB was the one I talked to. I asked him about it, and he asked if I pre-entered. I replied "no I paid at the gate",,he replys with "you don't get nothing" and turned and walked off. I had gone to Columbus to the swap meet in Feb just to get my 'hallowed' MCG subscription and talk with them about the series and see if there was any thing I needed to do to sign up for the entire series. As I have said, I was looking forward to the traveling series and wanted to do things right by it. Turns out, the series looked better when I went to Columbus last year to spectate and see how it was run. Evidently, new people, new cars, and new money don't mean anything to him. Rant over for now.
Posted By: poppaj

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 08:35 PM

Why can't they just post points on the website? there is already a spot on the site with Columbus points, then all can view..
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 09:45 PM

Quote:

I got there alittle late Friday (12:45PM), after having to put a starter on the tow truck at the 70/37 truck stop. Was trying to find a place to park,,went down an open lane in the pits trying to find a place to set up the rig,,,there was a yellow plastic strip tied around a trash drum to prevent me from driving straight on through the obviously open lane. I had my helper temporarialy move the trash can so I didn't have to try to back the truck/trailer 60-80 yards back between everyone else's trailers...as soon as he started moving the barrel, CB came flying up in a golf cart and proceeded to give us all a belittling, cussing, rampage as to how I shouldn't be driving if I couldn't back the rig out of there. I tried to explain we were just trying to find a place to pit and didn't realize the road was a "dead end". Ended up parking in a nice, wet, muddy, grassy area. On Sunday, I was told by some of the others, that we got a "goodie" bag for entering. I went to the event trailer to inquire about it. As it would go for me,,CB was the one I talked to. I asked him about it, and he asked if I pre-entered. I replied "no I paid at the gate",,he replys with "you don't get nothing" and turned and walked off. I had gone to Columbus to the swap meet in Feb just to get my 'hallowed' MCG subscription and talk with them about the series and see if there was any thing I needed to do to sign up for the entire series. As I have said, I was looking forward to the traveling series and wanted to do things right by it. Turns out, the series looked better when I went to Columbus last year to spectate and see how it was run. Evidently, new people, new cars, and new money don't mean anything to him. Rant over for now.

I remember you telling me about the run in with CB and could tell you were upset (to say the least) about it,,I sometime's think CB is his own worse enemy, I just don't think he has the aptitude or attitude to deal with the public,,and yes Butch it just isn't as much fun as it used to be, kind of like a relationship going sour.
Posted By: julian2007

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 10:15 PM

That's not hard to believe we have had are fair share of run ins with cb its kind of sad because Eddie is a really good stick and so is Chris I just don't think There efforts can out weigh cb's bumb a$$ attacks.I think in the future if you want to run a fun series the Monster Mopar deal should be pretty good.If he runs a series the way he ran his show in Indy it will be top shelf.
Btw The last time Charlie ran his mouth to us a buddy of mine told him to go F him self he stomped his feet like a 5 year old and ran off.If he runs his pie hole to you again put him in his place and don't let him upset what should be a fun vacation.
Hope to see you at the track,Bruce

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 10:41 PM

CB is his own worse enemy, I just don't think he has the aptitude or attitude to deal with the public,,

Boy you got that right ..The rest of the family are great people.. they need to keep Charley away from everyone ! Eddy and Chris and all the rest have been great to me and my family..I can't say enuff good things about them. best thing to do is what Bruce says..

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 11:08 PM

My wife even asked me if I was OK...I said, what do you mean? She said, you weren't upset about the truck/starter issue, then, CB gets in your face and you don't even hit him or nothing,,,are you alright?
I don't know, must of been something wrong with me that weekend. I notice as the years go by,,I have slowed down a little.
Posted By: dartman366

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/03/11 11:19 PM

Quote:

My wife even asked me if I was OK...I said, what do you mean? She said, you weren't upset about the truck/starter issue, then, CB gets in your face and you don't even hit him or nothing,,,are you alright?
I don't know, must of been something wrong with me that weekend. I notice as the years go by,,I have slowed down a little.

probably just as well or we would of had to pony up some bail money not that it would of been a problem or anything.

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/04/11 12:12 AM

Quote:

WOW--Just glad that didn't happen. Just a reminder that the 2nd Annual Spring Nostalgia Nationals will again be at National Trail Raceway and the dates are June 23 & 24 with set up on the 22nd. All 1977 and older brand cars are welcome. The Mopars took home about 75% of the money in the racing catagories and we have a swap meet and car show also. Stay tuned to: www.sledcityevents.com No points, just money and plaques,and gold cups. I seen one guy drinking out of his trophy cup! Larry
Posted By: Super Scamp

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/04/11 01:46 AM

All the races that I have been to the CC /MP events.. They have been going down hill ever since CB has started to run the show. As Bruce said Eddie and the rest of the gang do a great job.. doing there part.

It takes a boat load of people to run a show Remember there is no "I" in Team. Even with a Race Team you have to do your part to help it run smooth. Right Bruce..

I still can't see the points Where am I!!!!! OH at the bottom LOLOLOL

Attached picture 6855033-KilKare036.JPG
Posted By: nss guy

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/05/11 11:02 PM

At Norwalk, I did not hear any PA annoucements on "Next Year" Schedule? They usually played up coming back to Norwalk.

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 12:55 AM

You know I wanted to call BS on sixpackjeffs post about the Blankenship filing bankruptcy but now that you mention it I didn't hear any announcement or get a 2012 schedule in the goodie bag.

Butch

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 01:03 AM

Quote:

You know I wanted to call BS on sixpackjeffs post about the Blankenship filing bankruptcy but now that you mention it I didn't hear any announcement or get a 2012 schedule in the goodie bag.

Butch

..."goodie bag..."
Posted By: WILD BILL

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 01:42 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

..."goodie bag..."

If you want I can mail you mine
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 03:51 AM

Quote:

Butch

We did not hear anything over the pa either about next year events they always announce the schedule for following year at Norwalk. The Blankenship family are good people have not done anything to us over the years. But we don't race the series for the owners we raced the series over the years to keep it going. Jeff Johnson started the series we enjoyed attending and just wanted to keep it alive. that is why we are such big supporters of the series we were there from the beginning. To be honest we wish Jeff would have never sold the series. We wish Jeff would have kept it going. Things would have been different then it is but you can't change what has happened you can only keep on racing the series you have raced for years to keep it alive. It is not the same Chris and Eddie are doing a good job. I would not want to be in their shoes.
Posted By: Bratt Racing

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 04:03 AM

Quote:

Quote:

WOW--Just glad that didn't happen. Just a reminder that the 2nd Annual Spring Nostalgia Nationals will again be at National Trail Raceway and the dates are June 23 & 24 with set up on the 22nd. All 1977 and older brand cars are welcome. The Mopars took home about 75% of the money in the racing catagories and we have a swap meet and car show also. Stay tuned to: www.sledcityevents.com No points, just money and plaques,and gold cups. I seen one guy drinking out of his trophy cup! Larry

Note to Jeff/Larry, Do you guys realize your races are scheduled the same weekend???? Marion County International Raceway, Ohio, June 22-24 Racers can't be at two races at the same time. One of you might want to reconsider your date.

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 06:07 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Note to Jeff/Larry, Do you guys realize your races are scheduled the same weekend???? Marion County International Raceway, Ohio, June 22-24 Racers can't be at two races at the same time. One of you might want to reconsider your date.

Yes , we sure do Know about it. Scheduling is always difficult in times like this. These are 2 different shows that barely cross except in one class.We can't be perfect. Maybe he will get a wrestler to be his friend or something for his big draw? Or maybe I will have all night racing with no track lights? There's gonna be plenty of fun and racing at both events .
Posted By: cudaboy

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 04:30 PM

Quote:

Butch

http://www.fifthdist.org/June132011/Blankenship.pdf

Page 2, paragraph 3.

Dennis
Posted By: kissmyaspen

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 05:11 PM

on the next episode of "As The Crankshaft Turns"........
Posted By: dbran451

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/06/11 11:56 PM

Quote:

on the next episode of "As The Crankshaft Turns"........

It dose not seem that long ago everyone was praising C.B. for saving the series and everyone was down on j.j. no matter who runs a series not everyone will be happy. Race where and when you want I do
Posted By: badblake383

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/12/11 03:32 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Butch

We did not hear anything over the pa either about next year events they always announce the schedule for following year at Norwalk. The Blankenship family are good people have not done anything to us over the years. But we don't race the series for the owners we raced the series over the years to keep it going. Jeff Johnson started the series we enjoyed attending and just wanted to keep it alive. that is why we are such big supporters of the series we were there from the beginning. To be honest we wish Jeff would have never sold the series. We wish Jeff would have kept it going. Things would have been different then it is but you can't change what has happened you can only keep on racing the series you have raced for years to keep it alive. It is not the same Chris and Eddie are doing a good job. I would not want to be in their shoes.

I hear charlie just got a job as the new host of Hillbilly Handfishin.
Posted By: Hemi Joe 4911

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/13/11 02:06 AM

I believe that is also the Mopars At The Grove Week-end -sponsored by MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE - can't possibly be at all 3 places and we love the grove race. HEMI JOE - time will tell.

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/13/11 06:46 PM

I hear charlie just got a job as the new host of Hillbilly Handfishin.

We need more info & pictures !
Posted By: sixpackjeff

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/14/11 02:01 PM

Quote:

I believe that is also the Mopars At The Grove Week-end -sponsored by MOPAR ACTION MAGAZINE - can't possibly be at all 3 places and we love the grove race. HEMI JOE - time will tell.

Ooops! Forgot about that one. I love the Grove too. In fact we were in negotiations to bring a Chrysler Classic there back in 2006-7, before Blankenship got involved. HemiFred, is June 23-24, 2012 the date?

Also, Goodguys just moved our East Coast Nationals to West Springfield Mass on Fathers Day weekend, so I'll be working there that weekend. Looks like the 2012 Chrysler Power Challenge will return to MCIR at the end of July.

Hey Rhino Dart, do you have the 2012 schedule yet for the Chicagoland Mopars?

Attached picture 6870691-Challenge.jpg

Re: Mo-Power Points - 10/14/11 11:18 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ooops! Forgot about that one. I love the Grove too. In fact we were in negotiations to bring a Chrysler Classic there back in 2006-7, before Blankenship got involved. HemiFred, is June 23-24, 2012 the date?

Also, Goodguys just moved our East Coast Nationals to West Springfield Mass on Fathers Day weekend, so I'll be working there that weekend. Looks like the 2012 Chrysler Power Challenge will return to MCIR at the end of July.

Hey Rhino Dart, do you have the 2012 schedule yet for the Chicagoland Mopars?

Are we getting off track here talking about all these other events including mine and Jeff's. I thought we were talking about the speedy posting of the points standings. I recieved my latest edition of MCG today , and yes they had some interesting articles in it. And talk about points---yep, they were listed in there for the KilKare race. Seen a lot of friend's names listed in there, which was good. I guess I will find out about Norwalk next month?
© 2024 Moparts Forums