DFW
M
mr_340 Offline OP
master
mr_340  Offline OP
master
M

DFW
Driving back from Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago I noticed something flopping around at the front of the car. The rubber strip the fits along the front fascia and makes a seal to the front edge of the hood split and part of it was rubbing on the hood. I stopped as soon as I could after seeing it and tucked it back under the hood for the rest of the trip back to Dallas. The other day I noticed it split on the passenger side and I just ripped the rest of it off and threw it in the trash.

Anyone else have this problem on their new Challengers? Maybe this can be a warning to others so they won't have the same problem with the paint on the hood. I hope it buffs out. I'd see if they would replace it under warranty, but then I'd have another seal that will split again. I can live with a gap at the front of the hood.

Floyd Lippencott IV
Re: New Challenger Hood Seal [Re: mr_340] #1046664
08/03/11 02:44 PM
08/03/11 02:44 PM
wellington ohio
68-scatpack-rt Offline
In thin ice
68-scatpack-rt  Offline
In thin ice

wellington ohio
wow!

i rented a ford focus for this week as we are vacationing in so cal. they gave me a free upgrade to a challenger and i'm less than impressed!

fit and finish are poor. blind spots are terrible and it has so much head shake when braking my wife thought i had a flat tire.

it's an 2011 with a few thousand miles on it.

not sure why someone would buy one of these things other than just being a complete mopar loyalist.

unions....the folks who brought you the weekend!
Re: New Challenger Hood Seal [Re: 68-scatpack-rt] #1046665
08/03/11 03:58 PM
08/03/11 03:58 PM
RI Deep in the rust belt
chargervert Offline
I Live Here
chargervert  Offline
I Live Here

RI Deep in the rust belt
Quote:

wow!

i rented a ford focus for this week as we are vacationing in so cal. they gave me a free upgrade to a challenger and i'm less than impressed!

fit and finish are poor. blind spots are terrible and it has so much head shake when braking my wife thought i had a flat tire.

it's an 2011 with a few thousand miles on it.

not sure why someone would buy one of these things other than just being a complete mopar loyalist.

I have owned my 2009 Challenger R/T Classic for two years. The car has the best fit and finish I have ever seen on a Chrysler product,with the possible exception of my friends Viper GTS which were hand built. The paint is perfect on my car,and I have not had a single issue with the car. My car handles like it's on rails,and stops on a dime. You cannot compare a rental car to one that someone buys themselves. Even though the car only had a few thousand miles on it,with the issues you discribed,the last person that rented that car was probably doing Dukes jumps with the thing. The new Challengers dethroned the Honda Accord with the highest owner satisfaction and initial over all quality,ever recorded at 92%. With numbers like the fit and finish cannot as you discribed. I will however agree with you about the blind spots. That takes some getting used too. You have to always double check before making lane changes. I'm on Challengertalk all the time and no one describes anything like what you stated about that rental car. Unless you were the first person to ever drive that rental car,using it for comparison is a joke!

Last edited by chargervert; 08/03/11 04:06 PM.

70 Charger R/T SE 472 Hemi 70 Charger R/T convertible 70 Charger R/T V Code Sixpack 69 Charger R/T SE Sunroofcar 68 Charger 383 68 Charger 318 71 Charger R/T 70 Challenger convertible 71 Challenger convertible 71 Cuda 340 09 Challenger R/T Classic
Re: New Challenger Hood Seal [Re: mr_340] #1046666
08/03/11 06:33 PM
08/03/11 06:33 PM
ontario calif
N
ns1aar Offline
super stock
ns1aar  Offline
super stock
N

ontario calif
Quote:

Driving back from Milwaukee a couple of weeks ago I noticed something flopping around at the front of the car. The rubber strip the fits along the front fascia and makes a seal to the front edge of the hood split and part of it was rubbing on the hood. I stopped as soon as I could after seeing it and tucked it back under the hood for the rest of the trip back to Dallas. The other day I noticed it split on the passenger side and I just ripped the rest of it off and threw it in the trash.

Anyone else have this problem on their new Challengers? Maybe this can be a warning to others so they won't have the same problem with the paint on the hood. I hope it buffs out. I'd see if they would replace it under warranty, but then I'd have another seal that will split again. I can live with a gap at the front of the hood.

i had the same problem warranted fixed it and no problems since

NS1AAR