07/21/11 06:48 PM
07/21/11 06:48 PM
Cambridge Idaho
RUMBLON Offline OP
master
RUMBLON  Offline OP
master

Cambridge Idaho
Ok, right off the bat, I am no great mechanic, in fact I hate it, mechanical that is. I am seriously into the mopar hobby and like body and paint and the like, have several mopars, but hate mechanicals. Mostly due to the fact that I have had several wrist surgeries on each hand and have a horrible time trying to hang onto small things and drop things when I think I am actually working, IE all bolts nut ect. However I am worst at electrical and ignition items. I tend to simply replace everything and start over.

That said I am working on a slant 6 77 electronic ignition R.C. and I dont want to spend a ton replacing all the stuff.

I have several issues.

First the key ignition portion is broken as it has no stops or internals it seems and is very hard to turn to start and stays in that position. So I am guessing I need to replace the key system in the column? How hard is this job, what are the parts numbers or best place to save a few $ and buy a new one and how hard is it to take apart the column and replace the key system?

second, the rig wont start. It sounds like its not getting any spark. I have no help here, so what the easiest way to see if the rig is getting spark when trying to start it alone and I cant reach the coil to see if there is ant spark? any ideas. which coil is correct for the replacement and will one of the ones below that I have work?

next, I am told that some of these carbs are junk? here are a few pics of mine, which is a good one to replace it with?

RUMBLON

This is broken-- where do I get the right replacement mechanism and how hard to replace it?

my carb, I dont even know what type it is??? brand ect. its not running so I have zero idea if its any good.

Re: Need some help 77 Ramcharger! [Re: RUMBLON] #1037698
07/21/11 07:01 PM
07/21/11 07:01 PM
Kent, Wa
340SHORTY Offline
Truck Nut
340SHORTY  Offline
Truck Nut

Kent, Wa
to check for spark,,,, have a friend or yoursels hold onto a sparkplug wire while cranking it. that will answer you question for getting spark or not.

the carb is your normal everday Super 6 and 318 carb

I am truckless..