Texas
Y
Yesdogjr Offline OP
Yesdogjr  Offline OP
Y

Texas
Car: 72 Cuda w/340 & 4 speed

Front Issue:
Im not sure if there is something wrong or not as this is my first cuda. I have the T-bars set to the correct ride hight and new poly bushings throughout. The shocks are a set of Edelbrocks. The problem is there is no shock movement and there are bottomed out. The front end rides like a ridged frame.

Rear Issue:
The other bug that I need to work out is the rear. The rear has a set of BB springs and a set of jbar traction bars for the retro look. as in the front all new poly bushings and Edelbrock shocks. The Drivers side has a lot of bounce while the pass side freezes when compressed and is eating up a new set of BFG KOs. As with the front it appears that the shocks are not working.

Any ideas?

Re: Cuda Front and rear suspension issues? [Re: Yesdogjr] #1021269
06/27/11 12:40 PM
06/27/11 12:40 PM
S. Il. U.S.A.
5spdcuda Offline
top fuel
5spdcuda  Offline
top fuel

S. Il. U.S.A.
I would start by removing the shocks and checking to see if everything moves freely. 'Cuda's aren't any different in terms of suspension design from any other Mopar from the '60's other than the fact that the rear springs aren't parallel to the centerline of the car. If everything works properly without the shocks, the problem has to be with them. When using poly bushings on the LCA's it helps to drive the "T" bars all the way into the LCA sockets so that they can't move fore and aft while driving. Good luck.