06/14/11 08:13 AM
06/14/11 08:13 AM
Australia
F
FEDerAL Offline OP
FEDerAL  Offline OP
F

Australia
A Top Fuel team here in Sydney (Australia) have offered to build a Keith Black for my Altered. While the team run BAE / Force gear in their racecars, they have access to a large stockpile of KB parts.
The biggest hurdle we have is that I want to go normally aspirated and the guys on the team (naturally) only have experience with blown packages. The guys have several original KB blocks available, as well as a couple of brand new cranks. They also have quite a few heads with 160 to 170 chambers (heads are twin plug, but we will be blanking one set of holes off). I have a set of Arias part # 42535HH pistons that should go most of the way to giving me a 12.5:1 comp ratio.
The car will be running a powerglide transmission; not sure yet what stall the convertor will be.
To start with I am only looking for around 500 HP, as my daughters (Junior Dragster graduates) will be 'learning the ropes' in the car. Does anyone have any information on components we should be using to get a good basic combo together, for example head chamber size, valve sizes, camshaft type & specification, manifold type, induction, ignition, etc etc.
Any information gratefully received.

Thanks

Alan - Sydney, Australia

Re: N/A KB build spec [Re: FEDerAL] #1013107
06/14/11 10:39 AM
06/14/11 10:39 AM
SOUTH JERSEY
HEMIFRED Offline
master
HEMIFRED  Offline
master

SOUTH JERSEY
to get what you require is much more work than you can imagine. those ports are 3 times the size they should be to even be drivable.there are no intakes or headers made for n/a with those ports
`

home of the
Sox and Martin Hemi Duster

Re: N/A KB build spec [Re: HEMIFRED] #1013108
06/15/11 09:05 AM
06/15/11 09:05 AM
Australia
F
FEDerAL Offline OP
FEDerAL  Offline OP
F

Australia
We figure the top end is where all the 'fun' will start! A day in the factory has unearthed everything we need to put an engine (or 6!) together, except for an inlet. The heads we have found so far are 1980s fuel vintage - fairly tame compared to current pieces. The engine is 'race only' and will be running on alcohol. The biggest 'unknown' I have at the moment is a camshaft - obviously the lift & duration of a nitro cam won't be happy in an alcohol motor. The Crane website lists a heap of 426 cams suitable for N/A, so I probably need to start working through the list.