MOPAULY

posted 06-01-2002

Although I'm slightly sunburned and got knocked out in the second round of eliminations, it was a GREAT day at the Mopar Atlantic Nats. Even with the weatherdudes missing the temp by oh say 12 degrees it was nice (read HOT AS HELL ). Met Tampabay, DusterDave, Tom, JohnRR (a very nice guy, really), and a few others I can't remember right now.

I think moderator Jeff took 1st in his show class, he definitely got something had a big ass trophy in his car afterwards

Many thanks to DB, Ira, Alan, Erik, and directsubjection for the AWESOME food they had today...the pork bbq and salads were excellent. Glad it was only one day for me, to tired and burn out to go back tomorrow...although I'd love to do the drags again.

P.S. Even Galen was in the house, tried to find his car to put a Moparts plate on it but nothin doin
------------------

DJF

posted 06-01-2002 09:04 PM

I'll tell ya, it was a decent show, the swap meet small as usual, and there wasn't many cars in the show field even though the weather was spectacular!
Who won best in class? What kind of car was it?
A friend of ours was there with his 69 Coronet Hemi R/T a rare one of three dealer cars built with sequential numbering and every available option right down to the kelsey hayes recall wheels! Now that was the baddest cr there, even though it wasn't the correct color, (white intstead of F6 green) But by far the nicect ride I saw all day.
Another friend of mine raced his convertible 66 Satellite, ran 6 time trials with a consistant 12.7-8 every time, but was also eliminated in the second round. Seems they make you dil in at 14 if you don't have a roll bar which he doesn't, and he broke out of that time of course.
All in all a nice day, I just wish more people would show up for this show, vendors and show cars alike and make it into a good, big show. It always seems to be a perfect weather day, so why not? Anyway nice seeing everyone out enjoying the day and having some real MOPAR FUN!

-------------------------
dbdartman

posted 06-01-2002 09:05 PM

Someone walked up to Galen wearing a Moparts.com hat while Galen was talking to someone else. Soon as he saw the Moparts hat, he turned & walked away. Wonder why...

Yea, low 80's turned into 91°! THANK YOU ERIK FOR THE SHADE!!!

Y'all should have seen it, 12-15 people at a time hiding from the sun, eating & talking, surrounded by Mopar parts, Mopar people, & Mopar racing as the soundtrack.

It was a good day (You SHOULD'A made the trip Ted! LOL)!

------------------

MOPAULY

posted 06-01-2002 09:18 PM

LOL forgot about the 'Ted' thing

DJF - Jeff is a mod here with a late 60's dart...not sure what he won but the trophy was big

--------------------------
Ressurector

posted 06-01-2002 09:23 PM

Hey db! Thanks for the ride, man. I showed up just as db and direct_subjection (Gary?) got done loading some of the great eats into db's Mopar. They were nice enough to give me a ride from the parking lot right to the Moparts hospitality tent!

What a great time. The car show was not as good as it has been in years past, and the venders could have had a better showing, but it was still a great day. Got a chance to shoot the bull with Dave and Mark (DusterDave and tampabay) and met Randy and his wife from Mopar Muscle.

As usual, the Moparts tent was the place to be. And that's where I'm gonna be tomorrow, sunburn and all.

---------------------------------
Dante

posted 06-01-2002 09:45 PM

Big thumbs up to Alan for the B-B-Q beef, it was excellent and the salads were dynamite. Once again the Moparts guys make this show enjoyable to be at. Hot it was, maybe next year we need to chip in for a bigger tent
Sold a lot of large bulky items, so it looks like I can take the Runner tommorrow to the tent. See ya there!

SIMOPAR

posted 06-01-2002 10:04 PM

Yes sir it was nice and Hot !!!!!!!!!!
Was a nice cruise down but the 1 hr waiting in the dirt was pissin me off!!BIG TIME!!
And yes Jeff did win best in his class

Congrats jeff you Deserve it !!

------------------------------

jeff968

posted 06-01-2002 10:18 PM

Heading down first thing tomorrow morning for the "loud" day. looking forward to it.

---------------------------
dusterjim

posted 06-01-2002 10:26 PM C

Great time today at the Moparts tent...Got to meet the man, TOM, and JohnRR, DusterDave and a bunch of other good folks... There were some really nice looking rides at the show...Good drag racing and a perfect day to be at the track...Looking forward to Carlyle and meeting more of the good MOPARTS family.

-----------------------------

69sixV2Bee

posted 06-01-2002 10:34 PM

It was a nice day and I even made some money. I met some of the moparts members at the tent, bought a hat and lisence plate, but couldn't stay long as I was the only one holding down my fort. Wish I could have watched some racing but selling takes up to much time, and alot of times for nothing. May have to cut selling short and walk the field more.

------------------------------

direct_subjection

Just got home. I thought the turnout was excellent. 451Jim, GregZ, JeepJimmy and others hit the StuffYourFace for some more food and What a great time I had today, more fun tommorrow! Thanks Alan for the great BBQ sandwiches!!!

Who knew JohnRR was actually a nice guy? Just kidding, but I did start telling people he broke DusterDave's arm after posting an EBay add in the parts section.

DB - thanks for the ride, would have sucked to lug salad filled coolers a half a mile!

MoPauly - great plates, glad I could meet up with you and grab a few.

Great to hang with DB, Erik, Ira, 74dartsport, Jeff, etc. again! See you all tommorrow - gonna grab my hood from AAR on the way out.

------------------------
JCP

All in all a great day at E-town, even if my 66 Charger broke at the line just prior to the second time run!! What a pain - the shifter cable MELTED (Who said it was hot today?) and the car was stuck in park for a while.

The only shining light was the first time shot - No traction but still ran 11.71, I love this new motor!!!

I will be back on Sunday, but with my 69 GTX in the car corral. And the Charger will be back on the track in a week or so, looking for mid/low 11's.

--------------------------------
jamesc

i shoulda been paying more attention,didn't know all you guys (that traveled a good distance) were gonna be there. some friends asked if i was going and told em as much as i woulda liked to i had to fight some more with this stupid dragster. shoulda canned workin on the car and hung out with the moparts gang.

------------------
will this thing ever make a lap!!

-------------------------------------
Jeff

AHHH What a day,
A day with no sheetrock,screws, nails ETC ETC, Just a Day of Mopars!
The drive down was spectacular the Car ran Awesome, No traffic UNTIL we made it to Raceway park.
What a Cluster &*%$ that was, Making SHOW cars I meen HIGH quality cars drive through MUD and Gravel and wait up to 2 HOURS!!!! to get in. I could go on but wont.

The day overall with the exception of the fore mentioned was Great!!!! The Weather was exceptional,Granted a little hot but not that unbearable.
Finally met some Moparts people. I dont remember everyones Board name as I think the sun fried the last of my remaining brain cells.
The few I do remember meeting are Tom (aka MOPARTS)
Also Dbdartman, Johnrr, DusterDave Mopardad,Simopar,RS,Hemiragtop,Pdfrogman And I apologize to the rest who's names escape me right now, I'm sorry.
I'm a hurting unit right now The sun/heat really beat the hell out of me.

And yes As Mopauly has mentioned I did win Best in class for A-body Light modified.
That was a shocker, there were some really nice quality cars there. I'm still on cloud nine about that.

The Car show was Nice a little small I thought as was the Swap meet.
I think Sunday always has a bigger turnout than Saturday though.

Overall I had a Great Time, Nice to finally put a face with some of the names on here.
Great to finally get out of the house mode and into car mode for a Day, almost forgot how much fun it was.
Here's to next year And Hopefully then I can go both days.

------------------

mopar dad

as everyone else has said great day!! congrats jeff on the win you deserve it!!

------------------

direct_subjection

When 451jim, tampabay, dusterdave, and I were leaving we saw a 70 300 Hurst (the one with the spoiler built in to the back). This car was a Hemi car - did anyone else see it? It was fantastic!

--------------------------
hemiragtop

Kudos to Jeff, car is perfect in every way !!

I had a great day with great friends, SI Mopar, Mopar dad, jeff, Rs, PD Frogman , Charlie and the rest of the degenerates from Staten Island.

P.S. How about that 1969 Formula s 383 black/tan in the "Labrecque Autocraft" restoration tent. that car was sweet !!!

--------------------------------
mopar dad

hey direct subjection that was a nice car i love those 70 hurst cars!! and yes hemiragtop the 69 baracuda was awesome!!

DJF

Did anyone get any pics of that 69 Hemi R/T? I was half way there when I realized I forgot my digital cam! DOH!

------------------

383-man

Sure wish I could have made it. Hey "Direct_Subjection" I know the guy who owns the Challenger in the pic with the 16 plug Hemi. He lives here in Aberdeen Md and that car was also featured in High Performance Mopar a few years ago. Very nice car and very nasty but he has never raced it and says he dont plant to. Also he said it has like 15.1 comp ratio. Nice pics and glad all had a good time. Ron

------------------------
kingjr

That really was ALOT of fun! My first big event. I did get meet Tom, GregZ and Ddave recognized the broken arm. Beautiful day but HOT! I'm tired from the 1/2mile walks to take a leak!lol
Did ok racing the Challenger, made it to 3rd round and lost w/.600 lite. Oh well, it was time to hit the NYC traffic anyway. Wish I could have met more members but they were going round robin when elims started not leaving much time.
Next year I'll stay the weekend, the "real" cars will run on sunday! That exhaust rule stinks. All in all Etown is a beautiful facility and pretty well organized. I could have made 10 runs if I wanted, not like my track.
Best thing about Moparday, very few cars break on the track meaning very few delays! Gotta love Ma Mopar for that!

------------------

limelite aero

It was great to meet some of the guys!
thanks for allowing me to duck under the tent for a few minutes!
I think E-town has seen the last of me,I spent oh two days or so cleaning up my car just to have the knuckleheads tell me to drive the 6" deep mud puddles all the while sitting in line for 1-1/2 hrs trying to get in. then I'm directed to the "pre-registered lane" only to find out the 13 or so guys in front of me arent pre registered!

did anyone see the plumcrazy '70 GTX?
man it was sweet!

----------------------------
Jeff

The GTX, was that the 440-6 auto? If so
that is a members car.
His board name is RS. I believe he won Best in his class yesterday(Sat) He is there again today curious to see how he makes out and Yes the Car is Sweet.... VERY sweet.

Thanks Guys for the compliments.

-------------------------------
MOPAULY

Hey kingjr..did you not notice the guy who drove up to your pits in the bright orange charger and asked what's up? LOL

-----------------------------
kingjr

Why didn't you introduce yourself? I had tons of people stopping and taking pictures, etc. It didn't click that it was you until later. I was watching you run your last race when I saw the black/green moparts plate on your car. You spun real bad, probably 10ft out, but your car sounded really good, nice throttle response. That other guy did like 3 burnouts, whats up w/that??

RS

Hey guys I got back today (Sunday) extreemly burnt from the 2 days of sun had a great time and met a few members at the tent on Sat. morning,Eric nice e-body!,Dbdartman and I believe Ira: wagon with ramcharger hood bought a T-shirt and strolled around by the tent. Someone mentioned the Purple GTX if it was mine you were referring to thanks for the compliments took first on Sat. and Sun. JohnRR is really a nice guy all it took was giving him a few bottles of water and some suntan lotion and he fixed my score!!! LOL just kidding guys I also met Randy and his wife from Mopar Muscle they did a photo shoot on my GTX so all in all it was a way cool weekend!!! Also had some laughs with the boys Jeff,Mopardad,SImopar, hemiragtop,pdfrogman,69chargerRT,Rudy and Vinnie and a few others I probably forgot to mention but hey my brain is almost 43 years old!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
Ira

I've been going to these things for years, but this year's absolutely was the best---not because I sold what I wanted to, and bought what I was looking for, good deals too, not because of the clear weather, but because EVERYONE who stopped by, talked and ate, was so NICE, wish we could do it again next weekend, makes the preparations all worth it.

See y'all next year!

----------------------
MOPAULY

king - that run chapped me ass....as we started our initial burnouts, I rolled out and up to the trip the pre-stage lights...so I'm sitting there wondering where the heck the other guy is...next thing I know an official walks over and asks if I want another burnout...guess the other guy didn't feel like his was sufficient, as the cars in front of us were still on the line as we started ours.

So, I said no, but that probably hurt, as I waited at least a good minute or so for him to get back up to the line; I tried to launch at 2500 again and spun as a result. I should have done a second one, I hit a 13.99 on my first round on a 13.89 dial in.

Oh well at least I got to hit the scale on the way back LOL

jeff968

Well, we got back a little while ago. It took less then two hours to get to E-town but a good three on the way back due to that Sunday traffic. The show was fun, perfect weather. Saw some nice cars and watched some drags but this show is still nothing like it was 10 years ago. Being a T/A AAR guy I couldn't believe there were only 2 AARs and 1 T/A. I have photos from this same show 10 years ago and there were almost a dozen of each, and that was only in the show!!! Where are all the cars? I was also disappointed not to see any of the famous old time drag cars which I have seen in the past like the little red wagon and the ramcharger car. Yeah, it is still cool to see the cars run down the strip and there were some neat hemis there like Ray Barton's Hemi dart. The vipers were cool (wow, 11 second quarter miles!!!) but this show is no Carlisle . See you there in July.

----------------------------------
COLORMECLONE

Thanks Guys for the Hospitality at the Tent!

It was good to meet other Moparters to put a face on a name.

Thanks Tom for bringing us all together!

----------------------------------
dbdartman

All you Staten Island boys admiring that black 69 Cuda, you didn't turn around & introduce yourselves to us (or am I having another "moment?")? So many members, so many faces, so many names, so many "handles", I'M SO CONFUSED!!!! BTW, you shoulda' seen what they did to that Cuda when they were ready to drive it home... They installed a bra on it. INSTANTLY turned a beautiful, sexy, black, fastback, 383 powered Cuda into a 77 Trans Am!!!! Where's the pics DS!?!

Warm weather, great food, friendly guys talking Mopar, surrouded by Mopar parts & cars, with Mopar racing as the background music... I ask you, what MORE can you ask for?!?!?

Thanx, to EVERYONE that stopped by, I had a 'MOST EXCELLENT' weekend!

------------------
Jeff

Hey DB Speaking for the Staten Island contingent, I think you are having a "Moment" as you say.

RS Congratulations on the WINS and the PHOTO SHOOT, the car is absolutely beautiful.

GregZ

....I just rolled in at the shop...11 pm sunday night....I'll post something on monday, maybe some pics too....time to go home and go to slee.....zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

------------------
hemiragtop

Congrats RS on another first place trophy!!

Alan

Me too... I forgot the Digicam out in the truck, and the 25-feet I'd have to go to get it are too much right now... Look for the 'E-Town Wrap-up' thread tomorrow, featuring pics from Sunday...

~ still can't find where my kid "hid" my keys from last night, either...

Good show though, very nice (as usual) to hang out w/ everybody...!

------------------
Crazy73

Wish I coulda been there, wound up having to work this weekend, no getting out of it

My buddy raced his 67 Dart GT down there, was doing 12.ohs, previous best of 11.88 Wound up destroying a lifter Sunday morning at the hotel leaving for the track, so he packed up, came back to CT, and offered me his shortblock (no damage done, cept to the lifter and pushrod... engine is clean)

------------------
direct_subjection

Once again - thanks to Tom, DB, Ira, Erik, and Alan for everything. Good to hang out with the bunch again and great to meet tampabay, Joe, dusterdave, ressurector, 451/440Jim, Dante, JeepJimmy, Mopauly, JohnRR, GregZ and all the others that were there!

PS - my six pack scooped hood from AAR made it home fine! Looks like I have something to do, look for a new sig pic soon...

------------------

Ressurector

What a great weekend. I feel guilty for blowing out early today, but the sun just got to me.

I can't tell you how great the people at the show were. Not only the Moparts folks (we are a cut above the average anyway) but just the Mopar enthusiast in general.

And thanks to Tom. Without your efforts and dedication to the hobby none of us would be here.

Alan. You really need to invest in a good bread knife. I threw an extra five in the bottle. The BBQ pork was great. Just don't want to try the BBQ pork with a side of Alan......

Hey Gary. Great potato salad. Thank the little woman for me. And if you ever get on the "outs" with her, at least let me know where I can get that recipe!

I think I'll stop at this point. With all of the great people I met or saw again the weekend, I could go on forever.

Hey db. What is on the flip side of "in a godda da vidda"?

------------------------
Ira

Junk---JUNK!?? How insulting, accusing me of trying to sell JUNK!
(it was actually TRASH!)

MOPAULY

LOL wish I could have been there again today. Anyone else going through Etown withdrawls already??

------------------

Ressurector

Gee Ira. Is that wagon for sale? Give ya $50 plus Gary's Duster for it. Might even throw in the Cartman sig.......

COLORMECLONE

Ira, TRASH is such an ugly word.How about REFUSE?heh

It was great meeting you all this weekend!

-----------------------
Ira

Throw in a set of chrome left hand thread lug nuts and a few Iron Butterfly singles and I'll consider it.....then I can get more trash, uh, I mean refuse.....

------------------------

Show Pictures at:

http://www.moparts.com/moparts/picture/mopar02/atlantic/index.html

Tom ,

2011 Ram 3500 C&C Diesel
2009 Challenger R/T
1971 Challenger Conv. 511/4 speed
1970 Challenger R/T 503/727