Quote:

put the flat tab w the hole back on the rear of the lock & secure it w the E clip. Then put the complete lock part way in the hole and tilt it till you can get the rod in the hole then put some sealer judiciously/sparingly around the perimeter of the lock around the dimed sized perimeter gasket then set the lock in all the way in the door & lock it in w the metal clip on the back side

I agree....You slide the whole mechanism in there. I have never taken the C clip off of a keylock. IIRC...you bring the linkage out into the hole (the dog leg) towards the exterior of the vehicle and take the lock mechanism all assembled...start with it vertically outside the door skin, and put the end of the linkage into the key lock mechanism. Make your way down around the dog leg of the linkage and insert the whole assembly into the door panel. (Make sure the plastic gasket is around lock otherwise your paintjob will be damaged). Then insert the whole assembly in and apply force with one hand while your other hand inside the door slides that giant retaining clip into the grooves of the mechanism (window needs to be in the up position)....You are good to go....Should be the same...worked on 69 / 70 A & B Bodies this way for me

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s