Quote:

If you are worried about how it will do on the track, why not just step up to a larger wheel...you can take advantage of not only a better braking setup, but modern tire technology in 17" and 18" sizes?

Unless you were limited by the class you were running in, then you might just need to get more creative with your brake package.
I have a friend in Australia who road races a Torana (like mine) in a vintage type class and is limited to 15" tires..he does run a race compound/non-street tire at least.. And he needed as good a braking as possible so went with a custom setup using new AP Racing calipers and a 12.?" rotor from memory. The rotor offset pushes as far inward as possible to give him caliper clearance to the drop area of the wheel. He used the thickest rotor as possible as well..

Just some thoughts..if you think out of the box on your brake system you might be able to come up with something if you are stuck with only the 15" wheel. (but going larger does open up possibilities to easier brake packages and tire choices though)

problem is that i found one or 2 17" rims that wouldnt look bad but then their offsets are limited to one or 2 sizes
I was leaning towards the wilwood setups as they have 3 wheel stud setups you can make if in case i do find a aftermarket set thats not 4x4.5"
I like the huge tire selection of of 17" rubber as well - just gonna have to keep looking - I found these rims last night after a couple hours of searching but then again the best size they got is a 16" rim...and 16" tire selection is almost as bad if not worse than a 15" tire....
http://www.etwheels.com/et/fueler.html

Quote:

FWIW, in autocross you actually can get away with a lot smaller and lighter rotor because the braking forces will be occurring at slowers speeds for less duration. Also consider that the nascar boys have been using 12.19

do you know what setup the nascar boys are using?

Last edited by dangina; 05/13/11 02:04 PM.