Quote:

Doesn't seem like enough tire for the potential of that car. I thought you could fit 295's on the rear of a 68-70 charger. And I'm pretty sure you could fit 275/40/17 or 275/35/18 on the fronts.

hi autox,i always read your posts and thanks for all the info you write...i totally agree with my tire sizes....but here is why i had to do it..first off these wheels are American Racing torqlites,which are copies of weld pro stars but in an 18.when bob weld died ar stole the design and then the new owner of weld had a lawsuit against ar for stealing it,so ar wholesaled these things for 400 a set..they were a steal if you ask me...my rears are only 18x8 and a 275 35 18 just barley fits notice how they bulge slightly but i like it...i will have these wheels professionally widened next time around...my fronts are 18x7,and i did this cause a i wanted a deeper dish on the rear....these are the only sizes that were made by ar... 18x7 and 18x8.they did make in 17 and 15..i think 16 too.i also picked these wheels cause every thing looks gheeto in a 18 except fikse or weld rts which are 3k plus.everyone an their mother has torqethrusts plus since these wheels are all sold out just recently nobody has them except a few on ebay and you cant buy them anymore and the prostar is a American classic now and always will be.plus i like how the lugs are shrouded and not exposed like other wheels.here is another pic...

6629919-Picture029.jpg (212 downloads)

70 charger ,all aluminum 528 hemi 727 cope rmvb,680hp 670 tq,full sequential holley hp efi,full hotchkis tvs,qa1 k and lowers,borgeson steering box cass viper 11.75 with cass s-trac dana 3.54